New Reunion Station use

Hot food options will be served at 2 different times during the event—and may include:
  • Teriyaki wings
  • 3-bean Angus beef chili with cornbread, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, and cheddar cheese
  • Cheesy brisket with house-made potato chips
  • Deluxe Angus beef sliders with American cheese and caramelized onion jam
Cold food items may include:

• Assorted finger sandwiches—like a BLT, a smoked turkey sandwich and a cucumber pita sandwich
  • Crudité with ranch and hummus
  • Flavored house-made potato chips—including sea salt, malt vinegar and buttermilk ranch
  • Cookies
  • Assorted cupcakes

Okay, so, let's review quick. The potato chips are cheap, as is the crudite. Depends on the cupcakes. The food is mostly off the Geyser Point menu - an order of the wings is $12 there, the BBQ brisket is $11. They'll probably stay in the sub-$10 range for the adult beverages, yellow beer, maybe a cocktail that goes to the $12 range. Chili is easy for most food providers, and not pricey.

So, assuming you don't gorge, the food + two drinks ends up probably worth slightly less than $50 already.

We are actually considering it, and think the prices is pretty reasonable. Our plan is to hit the parks in the morning. Then when we would take a break and grab lunch we will go watch the 1PM NFL games (49ers and Saints game). Head into MK for a little bit, then return around 6 for the end of the 4PM games and another round of food. We asked our guide if there are any restrictions about entering and leaving and then returning and they said none as far as they know. Essentially we will eat our lunch and dinner meals there (would easily spend more than $50 each in the park for 2 meals and no alcoholic beverages). Just my personal opinion of course...but the price is pretty reasonable IMO. Me and my wife definitely spend more than $100 on an NFL Sunday if we spend the day at the bar watching both rounds of games (obviously a few more alcoholic beverages than the 4 we would get from disney), but to me this seems pretty reasonable.

And it says they serve food twice during the 12:30-8:00 event...so 2 meals essentially.

Another forum, someone posted they booked it and was told they will have multiple TVs showing different games. When we went to RS, they only had 2 TVs but I assume they intend to add a couple more. They have spaces to do so.

Cost...adults 10+ pay the $50 whether they get the 2 booze drinks or not. So I assume the non-booze drinks are included for everyone. Guests under 10 pay $30. I assume you can pay for additional booze drinks if you'd like to. And the dole whips and mickey bars...to replace the booze drinks or everyone can have them...don't know. I guess it's booze or frozen snacks and not both. I am booking, probably the 29th of Sept, tomorrow. I will ask about being able to buy extra booze and will ask about the frozen snacks. Will ask how they choose the college games too.

If you go on the 29th...please let me know how it goes...we are considering it for December when we are there.

We are actually considering it, and think the prices is pretty reasonable. Our plan is to hit the parks in the morning. Then when we would take a break and grab lunch we will go watch the 1PM NFL games (49ers and Saints game). Head into MK for a little bit, then return around 6 for the end of the 4PM games and another round of food. We asked our guide if there are any restrictions about entering and leaving and then returning and they said none as far as they know. Essentially we will eat our lunch and dinner meals there (would easily spend more than $50 each in the park for 2 meals and no alcoholic beverages). Just my personal opinion of course...but the price is pretty reasonable IMO. Me and my wife definitely spend more than $100 on an NFL Sunday if we spend the day at the bar watching both rounds of games (obviously a few more alcoholic beverages than the 4 we would get from disney), but to me this seems pretty reasonable.
I think the challenge is you don't know the two times they will serve. This is not an open buffet.

I think the challenge is you don't know the two times they will serve. This is not an open buffet.

Correct...we will be there for the entire first game...I will ask then what the schedule will look like for that day, and till we go in December, there will have been some reports about what to expect as well...your point is basically why we are only considering it right now, and haven't booked just yet.

I think you are really underestimating how many husbands and some wives take a day off from the parks or want an extended lunch to watch the games.

But for $50 a person? I agree a break day is nice, but as was stated above, why not just Uber off property to a sports bar, where you can watch a lot more games and get a lot more to eat and drink for much less money.

If Reunion Station offered just watching games for free and charged for food and drinks on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I think that would both be better for customers and would probably lead to them pulling in more money overall.

I would hope if you asked for something, that it would be provided even if it was currently out, but on the menu.

But you never know.
I would doubt it just based on the space, food service standards for warm foods, and how this event seems to be structured. They're saying "food will be served twice during the event," but leaving it out the whole time between, particularly the warm food, is a disaster for state food service standard. It also gets gross, which is kind of part of that standard.

I would doubt it just based on the space, food service standards for warm foods, and how this event seems to be structured. They're saying "food will be served twice during the event," but leaving it out the whole time between, particularly the warm food, is a disaster for state food service standard. It also gets gross, which is kind of part of that standard.

As it's laid out on the member website, it specifically states that the warm food will be served twice. The implication is that cold items like sandwiches, cookies, cupcakes and potato chips will be resupplied all day.

Do you know if you have to be staying on points? We will be at the campground in cabins or tents the next 3 months, with a stay on points at BRV in December. I am tempted possibly to try it out but might wait and get feedback and see about trying it out on a Sunday when we are there in December.

For me I would watch in room or maybe lounge but mainly drink my own booze. So I would look at it is worth the food and hanging out with other DVC members for $50? For just me, probably. But when factoring the rest of the family that is tough to justify, especially as we will have a 1BR and be able to put out a spread for the games.

But for $50 a person? I agree a break day is nice, but as was stated above, why not just Uber off property to a sports bar, where you can watch a lot more games and get a lot more to eat and drink for much less money.

If Reunion Station offered just watching games for free and charged for food and drinks on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I think that would both be better for customers and would probably lead to them pulling in more money overall.

Because that person who posted it - based it around a whole family going. They allotted $50 for the Uber - which would leave me and my wife $50 left to go to still be under what it costs for us to do Disney’s version. I can tell you right now - we aren’t getting 4 drinks each and eating two meals there for (lunch and dinner) for under $50. Just for a hypothetical i did the nearest sports bar i could think of that’s off property (millers ale house) uberx to there would be $42 round trip. That leaves us $58 to get 4 drinks, an order of wings and something to eat for lunch and dinner. I also don’t have the luxury to leave and come back and enter the magic kingdom at my fingertips without paying for another Uber both ways - thus I’d be stuck there all day.

In the Disney scenario - i can go to the park in the morning, boat over and watch football and grab lunch with a drink, go back to the park after my game ends, come back for the second half of the 4/430 games and grab some more food, and then head to TOTWL for the fireworks or back into magic kingdom for them.

I should also clarify - if we were a family of 4, especially one with a kid in the 10-20 age range, i would pry be a hard pass or do what is mentioned about going off site if i really wanted to watch the games. But for an adult to go by themselves or two adults to go or a husband and wife or father/mother son or father/mother daughter combo to go for $100, i think there’s pretty good value

and get a lot more to eat and drink for much less money.
I'm not sure it's all that much less, assuming you are a drinker, as the $50 includes tax and tip. There's also the "don't leave the bubble" factor. After all, it's a lot cheaper to just stay offsite when you visit the parks entirely, but lots of people find value in not doing that.

I'm not sure it's all that much less, assuming you are a drinker, as the $50 includes tax and tip. There's also the "don't leave the bubble" factor. After all, it's a lot cheaper to just stay offsite when you visit the parks entirely, but lots of people find value in not doing that.

If you're a drinker, though, you would end up spending more than the base $50 for the two drinks you would get at Reunion Station, and those extra drink charges would come at Disney prices and would also expect a tip.

I saw elsewhere that someone was told they will have 2 different games on for the early time tomorrow and 1 game for the later time.

Can you imagine picking just having 2 college games for each timeslot on Saturdays?!

Congrats to those who have it work out to watch the games they want to.

If you're a drinker, though, you would end up spending more than the base $50 for the two drinks you would get at Reunion Station, and those extra drink charges would come at Disney prices and would also expect a tip.
No, I get that. I meant if you were going to have two alcoholic drinks plus an app and a burger in a sports bar, $50 after tax and tip might be within shouting distance. (I know plenty of people who would have at most one or even no alcoholic drinks watching a game.) Add in the convenience factor of not having to leave property or deal with the crowd at ESPN, I suspect plenty of people will find value in it.

No, I get that. I meant if you were going to have two alcoholic drinks plus an app and a burger in a sports bar, $50 after tax and tip might be within shouting distance. (I know plenty of people who would have at most one or even no alcoholic drinks watching a game.) Add in the convenience factor of not having to leave property or deal with the crowd at ESPN, I suspect plenty of people will find value in it.

That's with the big stipulation of your desired game being on TV, though. With them only playing the nationally featured games, they really are competing against just watching in your room, with you only paying to instacart a 6 pack of beer and ordering a pizza.
With the quality of the TVs in the villas, especially the 1 and 2 bedroom living rooms, it's hard to justify paying so much more to not get much extra.
At least an off property place offers multiple games for your viewing pleasure.

If somebody plans to do this and go back and forth to Magic Kingdom - keep in mind that the bus may be a better option than the boat. Runs more often, shorter ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!