new resort in Dubai ?????

tinkbutt

DIS Veteran
I was with my dad this past weekend he is head trainer of six flag (eeewww)
and he told me that Dubai is going to make like a them park Island and disney isn't one of them six flags, Universal, and others are expected to be there and I was wondering if any one else has heard of this

www.Dubai.com?????:confused3

I'll throw wood on the rumor fire... The ruling family of Dubai and the ruling family of Saudi Arabia do not get along. The Four Seasons is in part owned by the ruling family of Saudi Arabia. With the Four Seasons deal in place, it would not surprise me at all if part of the contract is to not put a park in Dubai.

And when I say do not get along... I mean several hundred years of tribes at war. Once the oil money poured into the region... the waring tribes all agreed to disagree and take the money instead of fight each other.

I was wondering because my dad is pretty high up in six flags and he said they've already announced that they will be there? but I found it odd that there was nothing on the boards about it?? I don't think I would visit but to each his own:scared:

I'll throw wood on the rumor fire... The ruling family of Dubai and the ruling family of Saudi Arabia do not get along. The Four Seasons is in part owned by the ruling family of Saudi Arabia. With the Four Seasons deal in place, it would not surprise me at all if part of the contract is to not put a park in Dubai.

And when I say do not get along... I mean several hundred years of tribes at war. Once the oil money poured into the region... the waring tribes all agreed to disagree and take the money instead of fight each other.

Wow! Stalker and very smart! :thumbsup2

Yes it is true,
do a google serch for dubailand

it seems to be an enormous amusement park, golfing, shopping & entertainment district. they have already built the largest INDOOR ski slope. Really an ambitious project.

but it's no disney

Dubailand is going to be massive. It is going to encompass several Worlds. Dubailand is only one componant of Dubai's tourism strategy. As we already know Sea World is building 4 parks, Six Flags is building a park, and Universal Studios is building a park.

Here is a lengthy video describing the Dubailand componant of the Dubai tourism district.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8024971003464139907&q=dubailand+video&

I will say this can't be a bad thing at all for Orlando. Dubai will create a competative environment for Orlando. In the end we win. Orlando and Dubai will be battling for foreign tourism capital.

with the dollar slipping at its current rate... still a lot cheaper to come here. Put that together with the type of labor pool they have in the middle east, and coming to Orlando is going to be a lot more attractive.

I'd love to visit Dubai, I have a long time friend there that I went to school with here in VA and hope to be able to visit him in the near future and have him show me around.

However plane tickets for a family of four not to mention all of the other standard vacation expenses involved would really make this new 'Dubailand' a destination for the rich and retired:goodvibes

When listening to the show yesterday I was thinking, "I wonder if Pete would object to non-Disney run hotels if they were run by the royal family of Dubai?" I spent ten days in Dubai on a business trip (Aug 31 - Sept. 9th, 2001..) at the Jumeirah Beach Resort, one of the properties owned by the royal family as I understand it. Between that hotel (shaped like a wave) and the Burj Al Arab (shaped like a sail..very good view from the bar on the top floor) they do a great job with thier properties and would imagine what they could do with a Disney property...

Also makes for my personal 9/11 story as I was either going to spend a couple of extra days with colleagues in Cairo, or get home in time to spend the next couple of days in NYC for meetings... Ended up doing neither, stayed home and slept from the jet lag! But that's totally off topic!:confused3 Just brings back the memory from the trip...

Okay, Dubai is very close to the equator, right? So, when Kevin talks about WDW being as hot as the surface of the sun, I would think that Dubai is going to be hotter than that.

Would any of you want to go to an outdoor amusement park with no shade in the summer in Dubai? Yikes! :scared1:

I would be a shadow of my former self after just one day and burnt to a crisp. AK is oppressively hot, but at least there is shade there. Dubai is a desert with little to no trees, right? (Maybe different in the city) but still it will be hot, right next to Ocean with the humidity. Maybe its because I live in a northern climate, Indiana. :rotfl:

Just my two-cents.

Okay, Dubai is very close to the equator, right? So, when Kevin talks about WDW being as hot as the surface of the sun, I would think that Dubai is going to be hotter than that.

Would any of you want to go to an outdoor amusement park with no shade in the summer in Dubai? Yikes! :scared1:

I would be a shadow of my former self after just one day and burnt to a crisp. AK is oppressively hot, but at least there is shade there. Dubai is a desert with little to no trees, right? (Maybe different in the city) but still it will be hot, right next to Ocean with the humidity. Maybe its because I live in a northern climate, Indiana. :rotfl:

Just my two-cents.

Well...from my personal experience I can say "YES" Hotter than the sun! I would walk outside from the hotel lobby in the morning and the glasses would fog up.... We had a dinner party on the beach one night and I think the temp was 98F... Lovely breeze off of the Gulf, like being hit in the face with a hot, wet towel. :lmao: Hey, but they have great gold prices!

DH spent some time in Dubai and remarked what a beautiful city it was. He also said the water in the Persian Gulf is just the bluest of blue.

Personally, I don't think I would ever consider traveling anywhere in the Middle East -- no matter what theme parks might be there.

Knowing how they do things in Dubai, they will build a thousand foot drop rollercoaster or one that goes upside down twenty-five times. You know everything is better in Dubai.

Knowing how they do things in Dubai, they will build a thousand foot drop rollercoaster or one that goes upside down twenty-five times. You know everything is better in Dubai.

NOT TRUE!!! Their T.G.I Friday's isn't better....Oh yes, I flew half way around the world and ate at a Friday's.....loooong story and is eeerily similar to my visit to the Hard Rock Cafe in Hong Kong....WHYYYYY! I gotta travel with better people for sure. Oh, and I'm the guy that answered "I'd love a beer" :drinking1 when asked "what would you like to drink" at said Friday's in Dubai. Can you say Faux Pas? DOH!!!! Oh yeah, I'm all about middle east relations...ugh:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter