New queue re entry pass -Flight of Passage

Solve a friendly dispute between friend and I. She says one member of the party can wait in the entire standby line of FOP while the others in the party tour and then call them to join when nearing the front. I say no way. She swears she knows someone who did it.
They may have done it because no one in the line called them on their cheating. Just because someone steals from a store and doesn’t get caught doesn’t mean it’s allowed.
I think this myth was gaining traction & the bathroom pass is Disney’s way of shutting it down. Last Dec. we hopped into the FOP line about 1/2 an hour before closing. After we’d been in line awhile a couple came through - the guy in front of us asked them where they were going & they said to meet our party and off they went. That generated conversation in the line & I observed that I hadn’t seen them exiting the line. Not long after another couple came through, someone in line challenged them, and the line sort of moved to block their forward progress, I said “I didn’t see you leaving the line” and she said “are you calling me a liar?” and I responded “yes, yes I am” a guy behind yelled “hold ‘em we’ll take them to a CM” & they slunk back the way they’d come. I’m a female and not typically confrontational, but going forward & knowing this pass is in play I’m not letting anyone by me in the FOP line - 2 adults don’t need to cut through an hour long line to ‘join their party’ - they can wait like everyone else & reunite with their party later.

Two summers ago we were at DLR in a 90 minite line for Mission Breakout. There were several kids with some adults in bright shirts in line, must have been a day camp or something. Anyway one of the girls noticed another of their group was about 20 minute ahead in queue and said loudly they should skip ahead. I told her there is no way they are skipping and told her if they wanted to join up the group ahead could let people pass until they met. I made eye contact with one of the adults and he looked like this behavior was common. Some just feel entitled I guess and the rest of us don't exist or matter.

If you have been in line a while and never saw a line jumper go past you leaving the line, they are probably lying. More people need to stand their ground.

Two summers ago we were at DLR in a 90 minite line for Mission Breakout. There were several kids with some adults in bright shirts in line, must have been a day camp or something. Anyway one of the girls noticed another of their group was about 20 minute ahead in queue and said loudly they should skip ahead. I told her there is no way they are skipping and told her if they wanted to join up the group ahead could let people pass until they met. I made eye contact with one of the adults and he looked like this behavior was common. Some just feel entitled I guess and the rest of us don't exist or matter.

If you have been in line a while and never saw a line jumper go past you leaving the line, they are probably lying. More people need to stand their ground.
I get why people would be annoyed but I don't want to spend my vacation being Disney Police.

I get why people would be annoyed but I don't want to spend my vacation being Disney Police.

I was going to say something in the living with the land line, but my wife told me to just hush. But in the Everest line, she's the one that got fed up and said something. :)

But I know what you mean. Who wants to worry about that stuff on vacation?

Oh, it was quite the bonding experience in the line & led to a great deal of pleasant conversation for the rest of the wait. Perhaps because it was late & everyone’s phone batteries were depleted so we had to find something to keep us entertained beyond staring at phone screens.8-)

I say just adapt Universal's virtual queue system for this ride. Make it so that you can only ride it with a return time ticket and get rid of the standby line entirely.

Feel free to say "that's nuts". But I agree that this re-entry pass thing wont be 100% effective.

What they should anticipate, with e-ticket rides like FOP and MF-SR, is that people WILL need a bathroom break while waiting in a 3-4 hour line. Why don't they just build a small bathroom along the way. Then you don't have to worry about waiting in line for an hour, then take your 6 year old to the bathroom, walk all the way through the queue backwards, go all the way to the bathroom, and then beg and plead your way back to where you were previously. Even if it was just you and your 6 year old in the line (meaning you don't have a "party" to get back to, holding your place in line), if there was a bathroom somewhere in the middle of the queue, presumably most of the people around you would recognize that you were just there and allow you to squeeze back in. Seems like a reasonable solution for something you KNOW would be used.
EXACTLY! In my opinion, they should be building a bathroom at each "hour" into the line when creating new attractions. Disney is supposed to be concerned about positive guest experience. It makes no sense to me that they are building queues, knowing full well that people will be waiting 3 plus hours in them, without considering bathrooms. If they are building in water bottle filling stations, build in a few bathrooms for pete's sake!

I was going to say something in the living with the land line, but my wife told me to just hush. But in the Everest line, she's the one that got fed up and said something. :)

But I know what you mean. Who wants to worry about that stuff on vacation?
Exactly, it can be a tough one to ignore, but really for me...the better choice is to just keep being happy!

I like the internal bathroom idea. It could be done with one strategically placed facility, one side at the 1 hour until ride, and one side at 2 hours before ride. Plus, each will be one-way in and out. When you exit, you will be somewhat ahead of the rest of your party, so you will wait in a little holding area for them to catch back up to you.

I like the internal bathroom idea. It could be done with one strategically placed facility, one side at the 1 hour until ride, and one side at 2 hours before ride. Plus, each will be one-way in and out. When you exit, you will be somewhat ahead of the rest of your party, so you will wait in a little holding area for them to catch back up to you.
That's genius!

Apparently I see line jumping with 6-7 or more guests happen more frequently at WDW (and saw it several times at DL last week) than others here....they're always "catching up to their party" with one or two people ahead in line. If I wanted that experience, I'd go to Shanghai Disneyland (where they actually have to staff CM's and security throughout the line to prevent it)

Apparently I see line jumping with 6-7 or more guests happen more frequently at WDW (and saw it several times at DL last week) than others here....they're always "catching up to their party" with one or two people ahead in line. If I wanted that experience, I'd go to Shanghai Disneyland (where they actually have to staff CM's and security throughout the line to prevent it)

I agree they should staff the lines, especially for the more popular rides. Even if a group of people legitimately knows people further along in the line, too bad. You should have gotten in line with them. (Excluding bathroom scenario, which Disney is addressing.)

Exactly, it can be a tough one to ignore, but really for me...the better choice is to just keep being happy!

I generally agree with you - just do as Elsa says and "Let it go" .... but I do draw the line at physical contact. One time I did speak up was when in line for the Little Mermaid ride and we were in that circular room area and the line stopped moving. These kids were running around, climbing on the big stone piece in the middle and physically made contact with my kids multiple times and they were running through the line so I finally asked them to please top and watch out for people. They told one of the adults in their group and she looked over as us and just shrugged and went back to looking at her phone. About 5 minutes later their entire group I guess decided they were done waiting and just went through a door marked "Cast members only"

it was an issue at Hong Kong Disneyland when we were there as well ... generally with people from mainland China - I was told that to them cutting ahead is considered honorable and shows you are doing whatever you can to get ahead. It was amazing watching some of them as they would position themselves around queue turns to get ahead - some of it was almost impressive their skills

Single riders would just need to befriend the folks around them (preferable right behind them). If you're not good with remembering faces, maybe a quick picture of them too.

theoretically that works, but if the idea is your group has to wait at a point for you to catch up / come back, are strangers going to be willing to do that for you? Guess depends where you are in the line and how far there is to go to get to that "waiting point"

The article says they will enter from the fast pass line and must have other people in the regular line
View attachment 389546

Our daughter had to use this when we were down there in January, they gave her a card and the rest of the group had to wait in the que til she got back, and they send them up the fast pass line.

Ah I know exactly what they are talking about. I was always curious why there were constantly two or three people waiting for their party at the end of the standby queue.

theoretically that works, but if the idea is your group has to wait at a point for you to catch up / come back, are strangers going to be willing to do that for you? Guess depends where you are in the line and how far there is to go to get to that "waiting point"

TheMaxRebo has a good point. If you're a single rider (or single parent with young kid) and have to use the FOP Hall Pass, you better make friends with the folks behind you before you are too close ride-time. I certainly wouldn't expect them to wait on me, but I am confident that I could show anyone in line my FOP Hall Pass, and explain what happened, to be accepted as part of their party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter