New queue re entry pass -Flight of Passage

I think some reported this as existing before the card. Though I'm not sure as I hadn't seen anybody using it when I've waited in line. At least with an actual card this seems to be setting up a very formal process that will be beneficial for all. So now it has the ability to be known to all (including CMs).

Last edited:
This is not new. It's been in place since shortly after Pandora opened in 2017.

wdwnt saw others writing about it and decided not to fact-check, unsurprisingly

This is not new. It's been in place since shortly after Pandora opened in 2017.

wdwnt saw others writing about it and decided not to fact-check, unsurprisingly
Well if it was in use I never actually saw it being used in our last several trips. According to this people won’t be permitted back in the stand-by line, they wait in a separate holding area. I’ve only seen people pushing past to meet with other group members in the stand-by line. I’ve never seen or heard of anyone being held in a different area to wait for their group.

The card is new. The process is not.

I don't believe that is true. The process has been in place since day one, but it took them a few months to get a card. Everything was in place by late-2017, according to opening day CMs

I don't believe that is true. The process has been in place since day one, but it took them a few months to get a card. Everything was in place by late-2017, according to opening day CMs
I’ve never seen this card before sites starting picking up on it last week.

Still don't think this will truly work. I've seen so many people cut past others in line "to join up with their party." When we did FoP last year, my husband just didn't let anyone go past us anymore. Instead, we sought out CMs to let them handle it. Because people TOTALLY abuse the systems when lines are that long. And it's not fair.

Still don't think this will truly work. I've seen so many people cut past others in line "to join up with their party." When we did FoP last year, my husband just didn't let anyone go past us anymore. Instead, we sought out CMs to let them handle it. Because people TOTALLY abuse the systems when lines are that long. And it's not fair.

The article says they will enter from the fast pass line and must have other people in the regular line
AA064B61-688F-40DC-B883-285F067337A2.png

Our daughter had to use this when we were down there in January, they gave her a card and the rest of the group had to wait in the que til she got back, and they send them up the fast pass line.

The card is new. The process is not.
I am curious, it says the rest of the party must wait in line, which makes sense, but what if someone is by themselves and needs to exit and reenter the queue?

I unfortunately don't see it being an issue for me, as I can't ride FOP, but I am genuinely curious how they handle that.

Also, how many of these cards will disappear before they give up on using them? Hopefully none, but I see this as something that may tend to grow legs.

I am curious, it says the rest of the party must wait in line, which makes sense, but what if someone is by themselves and needs to exit and reenter the queue?

I unfortunately don't see it being an issue for me, as I can't ride FOP, but I am genuinely curious how they handle that.

Also, how many of these cards will disappear before they give up on using them? Hopefully none, but I see this as something that may tend to grow legs.

I’ve seen other people ask this question - about this and more in general about this for the Star Wars attractions - I don’t know but hopefully they have some plan. Can’t just say, “ok, go out and then come back in the FP line” as people would abuse that.

Might just be a “too bad” scenario as not really sure how it would be handled

Ha! I never thought of that! Then they will turn up on eBay!

They need to go to something big and ugly, like a gas station would use:
2431043603_a2f7fe61c3_b.jpg
Of course, I have no doubt Disney fanatics would still "acquire," collect, buy, and sell even those.

Honestly, I think it's ridiculous that these are needed and only a matter of time before the whole process will either be scrapper or revamped now that more people know about it and as some inevitably find ways to abuse it. If we acted like decent human beings, then if we were standing in a 3 hour line, and someone around us needed to leave the line to use the restroom they should be able to turn to the few people right around them and say "I need a restroom break. I'll be back.", and the surrounding people should understand that and vouch for the returning person to any others who voice concern or complaints when they return.

You're in a hot environment for part of the queues, people really ought to stay hydrated, and for some folks that means more trips to the restroom. It just shouldn't be such a big deal. You weren't in line? Then go to the end where you belong. You were legitimately in line, and you legitimately need to briefly leave it, then you should be able to without someone needing to police the entire situation. Things like this are a sad commentary on human behavior.

All that being said, I am a big advocate of *actually trying* something. I get frustrated by society that seems to always want a perfect solution that works for absolutely everyone and can be immediately implemented and work correctly on the first try. So we tend to spend an enormous amount of time fighting about this mythical perfect solution, and nothing ever gets done. So at least they are trying something. Yes, they'll likely need to tweak it, change it, and/or eventually scrap it and start over at some point, but for now they see a problem and they are trying to make it a bit better. And I appreciate that. I really do. I am disappointed that they need to do something, but am glad they are willing to try to make it better.

Honestly, I think it's ridiculous that these are needed and only a matter of time before the whole process will either be scrapper or revamped now that more people know about it and as some inevitably find ways to abuse it. If we acted like decent human beings, then if we were standing in a 3 hour line, and someone around us needed to leave the line to use the restroom they should be able to turn to the few people right around them and say "I need a restroom break. I'll be back.", and the surrounding people should understand that and vouch for the returning person to any others who voice concern or complaints when they return.

The FOP queue gets really long, though. The surrounding people knowing won't be helpful when you're trying to pass people an hour back and out of view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter