new purchase

Delvin

Destar
Hello, recently signed contract on a resale at BLT and waiting on ROFR, hope it'll pass. Buying it as a gift for our daughters who are disney geeks. Looking for ideas how to surprise my daughter who's graduating college this May.

How about a greeting card that says welcome to your new home and put the membership card in there. She'll have to figure it out a bit. If you have the membership card by May you can give it to her at the graduation. She'll just think it's a graduation card.

If you want her name on the deed, you will need to have her sign the paper work. With a resale you will not get a member card.

The girls won't be members unless they are over age 18 and have their names on the DVC contract. But they can be associate members at age 18. But then they will be able to make reservations without your permission.

I like the idea of a welcome to your new home card. You could book a reservation and as you enter the room tell that you bought the membership for them.

How about a greeting card that says welcome to your new home and put the membership card in there. She'll have to figure it out a bit. If you have the membership card by May you can give it to her at the graduation. She'll just think it's a graduation card.

Good idea, but you would have to print the membership card from the website, as resale do not get an official one shipped to them. Resale also includes a welcome letter with "DVC Member" magnets that may or may not fit inside a large greeting card. These do take a while to arrive, though, so its probably best to also come up with plans B and C.

Thanks for all the great ideas, just found out that disney waive the ROFR, 10 days since contract were submitted.

Do re-sale have a membership card that can be printed from the website ? I was under the impression that is how they are disallowing access to member lounges and discounts by not providing membership cards.

Do re-sale have a membership card that can be printed from the website ? I was under the impression that is how they are disallowing access to member lounges and discounts by not providing membership cards.

Yes, there is a printable one. It is white colored, though, and not blue. Some people report a glitch where theirs shows up blue. If this is the case, it is probably worth sneaking it to get discounts, but not to try to use it to get more select perks such as MM and AP discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter