New Promotions?

MinnieMe2

DIS Veteran
One of the women I work with has been considering DVC since their trip in August. This past weekend she got a call from their guide because of a new promotion Disney's running. Because they want to buy into OKW, and that's where they stayed in Aug., they'd be able to purchase for $2,000 less than the original purchase price. Points would be available next April, though, not now. I guess Disney is saying that their stay in August, in essence, would have been on this year's points. And since Linda wouldn't be going back to the World before next summer, points in April would be fine with her....

Linda and her DH were hesitating because of the economic instability we're experiencing, but now they're feeling is that this offer could be just too good to pass up. Has anyone else heard of similar promotions?

Something doesn't sound quite right. OKW is sold out and not available from Disney. If your friends want to buy OKW, they will need to go through the resale market. Perhaps their Disney guide was talking about the new MB promotion that is available for VWL. From what you say, I'd guess they were planning to purchase 200 points. (The current MB program for VWL offer is $10/point and works as you have described). The guide may have said that they can use their VWL points to stay at OKW and that is where the confusion lies.

As their friend, I think you should emphasize the 11/7 month reservation windows and help them understand if it will be important to the way they vacation or not.

One thing your friend should be aware of is that if she buys through Disney, she will get points now (2001 pts.) and then their 2002 points in about 6 months when their use year begins. If their not planning on going until April, they can bank all of this year's points. They could have double the points for next year and this may make up for higher purchase price through Disney.

GCM13
I think the point here was that they could use Magical beginnings to get the $2000 of the price.

I think it is a great deal for anyone thinking of buying in. I would do it now since the cost of BCV is certain to be much higher than $75 per point.

While I agree that "buy where you want to stay" is a good philosophy, OKW is easier to get into at the 7 month window than the others because of more units.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter