I hate it.
I don't have time to wade through all the subjects looking for recently updated posts, so I find myself spending, literally, seconds on DISboards instead of hours.

I Agree...it's just not the same ...I used to spend lots of "enjoyable" time surfing the "New Posts" site.:sad2: Please bring back the old one.:cool1: THANKS

I Agree...it's just not the same ...I used to spend lots of "enjoyable" time surfing the "New Posts" site.:sad2: Please bring back the old one.:cool1: THANKS

I agree, too. It's just not the same. I use to love going through all of the new posts...now I just go take a quick trip to the category that I'm looking for. I definitely miss the old way.:)

Maybe they're trying to "weed us out!"

I've heard it's because the moderators are reading every single post before it actually shows...that's what's taking it so long to come up...

but that's just rumor.

I agree, too. It's just not the same. I use to love going through all of the new posts...now I just go take a quick trip to the category that I'm looking for. I definitely miss the old way.:)

I am soooooo with you on this. Just not liking it:confused3 :scared1:

I'm wondering if there are some things I should have done in order for this new system to work better for me??? For instance, I don't see, in the 'New Posts' section, a catagory for threads like before..eg:community board, budget board, teen board. I find those very helpful and I don't see them anymore.:sad1:

Is there something I should be doing that will show threads that aren't neccessarily 'new' but have new posts???:confused3

And why does the link to Smiley Central appear at the bottom of my posts now whenever I use one (Which is, for me, VERY infrequent!!!! :lmao: )

HELP PLEASE!!!

Another question regarding the 'New Posts' page:

Is it just me or does this new way only show, in essence, new 'threads'??? How are we able to see all kinds of threads this way? I have found many great threads that I still post that began ages ago and only knew of them because I would see them frequently on the real 'New Posts' page. How can this new way be considered 'New Posts'???

Is there any way of changing this back?:confused3

Seems like a ton of people are really not impressed with this new system.:mad: I hear about it, without fail, several times a day on many threads.

There are also a ton of people who are really impressed with the new software. The inline editing in the Standard editor is far better than the old version, with a lot of key combinations supported that weren't supported before. That's the main improvement I notice. I also love the fact that editing an existing thread now happens in-line instead of swapping to a separate editor page. :thumbsup2

Note that the changes to the Search and the New Posts functionality has little or nothing to do with the new version. It is a practical decision being made by the webmasters to offer different functionality from the standard vBulletin functionality, because the The DIS has become too popular for the vBulletin functionality to work in a high-performing manner. They've engaged BoardTracker to make up for this limitation in vBulletin. It is actually a very common trade-off in systems design: Add latency; improve performance. While it would be nice if vBulletin's own software worked in a high performing manner with such a popular site like The DIS, it doesn't, and sometimes all the money in the world (assuming they had that) cannot make something work better.

I don't think there has ever been a system update that hasn't had at least some people complain. People like to complain, and people hate when things change. It's natural.

Well, that's all fine and wonderful but I would really appreciate it if somebody could provide some help in regards to the issues I raised.:confused3

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Alex already addressed those issues a few pages back.
The new version they are working on is going to be enable search down to the post level with more options.
You now know as much as I do :)
It WILL be a while, as in a month or two before it is ready, it requires significantly more hardware as they have to store all the posts as opposed to just threads!

Check back a few pages -- you'll see that Alex already addressed those issues.

:thumbsup2 Thanks, I'll do that!! So, it'll tell me how to bring up a page that shows 'New Posts' instead of just new 'threads'??? That would be great!!! :cool1:

Alex said it might be months before that feature is added. I copied Alex's message into my message above.

:thumbsup2 Thanks, I'll do that!! So, it'll tell me how to bring up a page that shows 'New Posts' instead of just new 'threads'??? That would be great!!! :cool1:

I am so in agreement with you ...I see mostly "complaints" on this board for the New Posts page. I myself do not like change...if it isn't broken, then don't fix it .Most of the poster here would like New Posts up and running like it was before.:thumbsup2

There are also a ton of people who are really impressed with the new software. The inline editing in the Standard editor is far better than the old version, with a lot of key combinations supported that weren't supported before. That's the main improvement I notice. I also love the fact that editing an existing thread now happens in-line instead of swapping to a separate editor page. :thumbsup2

Note that the changes to the Search and the New Posts functionality has little or nothing to do with the new version. It is a practical decision being made by the webmasters to offer different functionality from the standard vBulletin functionality, because the The DIS has become too popular for the vBulletin functionality to work in a high-performing manner. They've engaged BoardTracker to make up for this limitation in vBulletin. It is actually a very common trade-off in systems design: Add latency; improve performance. While it would be nice if vBulletin's own software worked in a high performing manner with such a popular site like The DIS, it doesn't, and sometimes all the money in the world (assuming they had that) cannot make something work better.

I don't think there has ever been a system update that hasn't had at least some people complain. People like to complain, and people hate when things change. It's natural.

I don't see too many posters here that are very impressed with the new software...most of us want it returned to the "Original New Posts" way!!!:headache:

I don't see too many posters here that are very impressed with the new software...most of us want it returned to the "Original New Posts" way!!!:headache:

You are totally right!!! In fact, this is the only place where I've heard anybody say they liked the new system at all!!!:confused3

I don't see why it can't be available like it was before. :guilty: It was sooooo much easier!!!!

actually I'm getting more emails liking it than against it
Search WILL be fixed, you just need to have a little patience
BTW there is no way to go back... the only way would be to lose all posts made since christmas eve..

BTW there is no way to go back... the only way would be to lose all posts made since christmas eve..

'Patience' is my middle name!!!! :rolleyes1 HaHa!!:rotfl:

Seriously though, thanks for all your help. :thumbsup2 I'm just one of those computer illiterate people who gets all kerfuddled when something changes on me and I can no longer 'work' the board properly. :guilty: I wish I understood as much about them as Bicker and yourself.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the DIS!!!!!!! :yay:

I just don't think Boardtracker is paying those koalas enough.

Oh....forgot one other thing!!! Is there something I can do about the much shorter time span before you get 'logged out' of the DIS?? If I am posting a long message or PM, when I go to hit 'send' it takes me to the 'Log In' page and my whole message disappears! :guilty:

Well, if you look in a thread that's about complaints about the new software, then that's all you're going to see. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!