• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Poseidon's Fury

Melanie1001

USF Rocks!
I've been meaning to post this since I came back. That was my first exposure to the revamped PF. My opinion--though I hate you no longer have that cool effect where it looks like you magically transported back to the same room, the update was a good one. The geeky archaeologist character is fun, much better than the old one. All effects seemed to be working flawlessly, enjoyable experience. With all the things that Disney has revamped and screwed up, its nice to see a place actually make something better for a change LOL. Anyhoo just wanted to post my opinion, take it for what its worth :)

I finally saw the new show also during my visit earlier this month. Although it is still good, I preferred the original version.

just my $.02

-Alan

Gotta say, I like the original better too...

Just 2 reasons:
1) Everyone has heard of Zeus and Poseidon... who's the new guy that looks like Darth Maul

2) The effect at the end was killer..... going from the huge battle room bck to the room you were in before the magic portal was great.

Walking down the water tunnel still rocks!

Just my $0.02 as well.... everyone likes their own thing

I agree the end effect is sorely missed--but I do think the pyrotechnics are better. The bad guy is kinda weird, and not based in mythology at all which is sort of stupid really. But the storyteller character was so lame in the first one, and at least with the new you have someone to really set the stage for you. Kinda depends on your point of view which has the most pluses and lease minuses :smooth:

maybe someone brought up the fact that poseidon and zeus were not necessarily enemies of eachother in greek mythology (they were brothers). I still liked the first one better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter