• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New photos to vgf construction?

missycj96

DIS Veteran
Hi - does anyone have any recent photos of the construction? Just booked to stay there and i'd like to see how its coming along. Thanks!

I took this on Friday. They are making some good progress now!

517EC399_zps7363fea6.jpg

Hi - so we'll be heading down next month and cant wait to see the progress. Anyone have recent photos?

Our family was at wdw last week and we have to say that the new vgf building looks great. One detail we noticed though was that the red roof on the new villas building does not match the color of the original hotel. (It is a darker shade of red)

Anyone else notice this? Thoughts if it was done intentionally, so when it is exposed to the sun over time it will match the other roof? Or perhaps it is to distinguish it from the other buildings?

Anyone have thoughts or info???

Our family was at wdw last week and we have to say that the new vgf building looks great. One detail we noticed though was that the red roof on the new villas building does not match the color of the original hotel. (It is a darker shade of red)

Anyone else notice this? Thoughts if it was done intentionally, so when it is exposed to the sun over time it will match the other roof? Or perhaps it is to distinguish it from the other buildings?

I think we still only see a sub-roof as they have not put tiles on.

The photo above it looks the same, is it not?

VGFV.jpg

In time, mature landscaping will make it blend right in. Right now, it looks a little bare.

I do not think that building looks good. The roof line is too long compared to the rest of the resort and it is too tall. It doesn't look as whimsical as the rest of the resort. It doesn't fit.

We were there last week and the roof is definitely a different color.

The original GF roof is a medium to dark burnt orange. The new roof is darker and much more red than orange.

However, I'm sure the difference is the age of the roof. A new GF roof would match it all up IMHO.

I do not think that building looks good. The roof line is too long compared to the rest of the resort and it is too tall. It doesn't look as whimsical as the rest of the resort. It doesn't fit.

I tend to agree. It actually looks enormous from out on the water. And it definitely doesn't "fit" at the moment. Hopefully, some landscaping will help it blend in.

Of course, I'm still planning on trying to stay here at least once. How the resort looks from the water is less important to me than how the water looks from the resort.

Could be on purpose as they did at VWL DVC roof is diff than WL roof there too.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter