New Photopass site - tried it out?

They warned us about this? How, did they send an email? I must've missed the warning. I'm really upset, I have an Android and now can't finish editing my pictures.
It was all over the DIS, and other Disney related media outlets, and posted on the Disney Parks Blog.

It was all over the DIS, and other Disney related media outlets, and posted on the Disney Parks Blog.

Well, that's just plain awful, imo. My trip is over so I don't have a need to be stalking disboards and the parks blog right now. A simple email to people with active memory maker purchases sure would've been nice. Smh, Disney.

So, WDW pictures have no access to borders
And DCL pictures have borders and no way to take them off

Now, everyone can complain! Seems fair to me.

Well, that's just plain awful, imo. My trip is over so I don't have a need to be stalking disboards and the parks blog right now. A simple email to people with active memory maker purchases sure would've been nice. Smh, Disney.
I sympathize with you, but the place to lodge that complaint is with Disney. Neither I, nor any of the other people here have the power to do anything for you. In all likelihood, neither does Disney, but still, they are the ones who need to hear that complaint.

For what it is worth, my trip was over back in August. That in, and of it's self, is not necessarily a reason to not be active on the boards, however, I agree that outreach in this situation would have been an appropriate path for them to take.

Click the checkmark on any picture.
A checkbox will appear in the upper right of the page: "Select all visible media"
Click the box, then click "Download".

Yes, it's as unobvious as it sounds.

Thanks! I didn't spend a lot of time digging around, I assumed it was an option lol. You'd think with the new site they'd make something like that easy to find.

For basic photo editing like crop and zoom I highly recommend downloading GIMP software. It's GNU open source version of Photoshop that's been around for at least a decade if not longer. Very good, very powerful. Not so convenient as having a one stop shop for your pictures but in the long run, far, far more useful.

Thank you. Unfortunately the computer I use isn't mine so I can't download or anything on it. Guess it's back to trying to use my phone which is really a giant PITA when I tried it. It doesn't seem to save any changes I make after I edit so I have to download every picture 1 at a time after I am done. Bravo Disney for this change. :headache:

I'd actually like this so much more without the borders. I had such a cute picture taken and they put the stupidest border on it that covered parts of the picture and was Toy Story themed when we were in Frontier land and made no sense. Was really upset I couldn't take the border off.
Is this from a recent trip and are your pictures still available to view? The reason I ask is, we loved the picture we had from the Dinosaur ride but the border they added covered part of my husband's face. I wrote to photopass and explained the issue to them and asked if anything could be done. They were able to "shrink" the border back and it no longer was on any part of his face. It might be worth a try to contact them!

Yesterday I downloaded our photos from our recent trip, and I do like being able to simply check the boxes in the corners of all the photos I want and then click Download. They came in several zip files that were easy to open and save to my PC. I haven’t added borders or otherwise edited in the PhotoPass site before, so I won’t miss being able to do it in future. I also liked that they were arranged newest to oldest so I didn’t have to scroll down to the most recent ones (I have an AP, so I have a year’s worth of photos in my account).

What I didn’t like was that I had to dig to find out how to report missing photos. I didn’t see a Contact Us link and ended up clicking the FAQs link at the bottom of the page and then searching for “missing photos.” I may have missed a quicker route to that function, so if you’ve found one please let me know :rolleyes:!

What I didn’t like was that I had to dig to find out how to report missing photos. I didn’t see a Contact Us link and ended up clicking the FAQs link at the bottom of the page and then searching for “missing photos.” I may have missed a quicker route to that function, so if you’ve found one please let me know :rolleyes:!

Personally I have found that calling is the quickest and easiest way to get missing photos. I usually just google to find the phone number.

Is this from a recent trip and are your pictures still available to view? The reason I ask is, we loved the picture we had from the Dinosaur ride but the border they added covered part of my husband's face. I wrote to photopass and explained the issue to them and asked if anything could be done. They were able to "shrink" the border back and it no longer was on any part of his face. It might be worth a try to contact them!
It was from NYE. I don't know if shrinking back the border would help. It was like our picture was in a picture frame with Woody and Jesse standing on a table in front of it. It was just such a weird theme and they were standing in front of the picture so I couldn't just crop the photo out of it. I could try and email and see if there is anything they can do.

Thank you. Unfortunately the computer I use isn't mine so I can't download or anything on it. Guess it's back to trying to use my phone which is really a giant PITA when I tried it. It doesn't seem to save any changes I make after I edit so I have to download every picture 1 at a time after I am done. Bravo Disney for this change. :headache:

Take a look at Photopea. It's crazy.
A full Photoshop clone that runs in your browser. It uses the same icons, supports layers, the works.
The guy that wrote it said he did it as a programming exercise.
No idea how long it will be up before Adobe gets wind of it but it's been there a few months already

The Disney Photobooks were our absolute favorite souvenir from both Disneyworld and Disneyland and it looks like they have completely eliminated them. That makes my family very unhappy. I know you can make a cheaper photobook elsewhere, but I have never seen any with the Disney covers, pages, and stickers like the photopass version.

I was worried that they might, because they eliminated them on the Disneyland photopass website a couple of years ago Since then you had to take your pics and upload them to the Disneyworld website and then they had Disneyland covers and pages there. When I called photopass about that, they kept telling me they planned to add the books back to the Disneyland website at some point, but for now were directing people to download their photos and then upload them to the Disneyworld site to make the books. Now, it looks like Disney has eliminated any way to make photobooks on their website?

The Disney Photobooks were our absolute favorite souvenir from both Disneyworld and Disneyland and it looks like they have completely eliminated them. That makes my family very unhappy. I know you can make a cheaper photobook elsewhere, but I have never seen any with the Disney covers, pages, and stickers like the photopass version.

I was worried that they might, because they eliminated them on the Disneyland photopass website a couple of years ago Since then you had to take your pics and upload them to the Disneyworld website and then they had Disneyland covers and pages there. When I called photopass about that, they kept telling me they planned to add the books back to the Disneyland website at some point, but for now were directing people to download their photos and then upload them to the Disneyworld site to make the books. Now, it looks like Disney has eliminated any way to make photobooks on their website?
I hadn't even looked at the books. You are right, their photobooks are far superior to anything else on the market. I treasure the ones we made in the past.

They don't have the breadth of Disney as the Disney site had but Shutterfly has Fab 5 backgrounds, ribbons, and stickers.

I think the photobooks still exist, click on "Stationary and more" and it takes you to their partner site EZPrints, they are an option there. Not sure about the covers but they have all the character pages..... Hope this helps!

I just did a super quick look around, the first time I've looked at the new site. I thought I saw all of the same products except I didn't see a calendar, but they are all through an outside site now? Offhand, the photobook is $10 cheaper, and the ornaments are a little bit more expensive, IIRC. I hurried up and did a calendar, mug, ornament, and mousepad from each trip I hadn't made one from, as well as a photobook from our NYE trip on the last day you could use the old site. Time will tell if I like this site better. My initial inclination is to dislike it because you can't do the borders and stickers, but honestly I used to spend literally hours and hours adding those to so many pictures in so many sized photos, and honestly I don't know if I cared in the long run -it was almost as if I felt compelled to do it since it was offered. Now since I can't do it, I guess I'll have to just let it go and not worry about it. I do wish you could do the specialty borders and stickers, like for MNSSHP and MVMCP, but oh well. If it's true they no longer have the calendars I am sad, i have calendar fro every trip we've made over the last many, many years with the WDW theme.

And, I got my first Stitch Ate the Page lol! Took one time on the site. It loaded my most recent trip, then stitch ate the page and it can't load the photos from earlier trips. Awesome.

I'm a week late to this party but I'm having nothing but problems with the new site. We have Memory Maker through our APs. "Stitch ate the page" happens more than half the time I try to access the site. When I can get into the site, only half our ride photos are there from our January trip and zero other photos. The drop down menu for Family & Friends doesn't have anything to select. My MDE app still has all the photos so I'm not freaking out that they're gone, but I'd really like to be able to get the 100+ photos downloaded to my computer rather than my phone. I will contact Disney to try to get it sorted, but wanted to share with others that there are issues.

And I agree with an earlier poster that Disney should have emailed everyone notifying that any edited photos would revert to the original. Disappointed I spent time adding borders and stickers right before the change, but hadn't had the chance to download everything yet.

EDITED TO ADD: Just got off the phone with Photopass service. The CM said the new website doesn't work well with the Safari browser and recommended Google Chrome. This worked for me using Chrome on my Apple laptop, but it did not work using Chrome on my Apple desktop computer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!