New Photopass site - tried it out?

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
I was poking around in the new photopass site tonight.
Took me forever to find the link to delete photos.
But something else that I am having trouble with, where are the borders/stickers?
They take that away? Or am I missing it?

Sorry if there's already a topic on the new site, I looked but couldn't find it

Remember they warned that anyone who had boarders or stickers on their photos, and had not purchased them yet, would lose them. I suspect that we are now seeing why. I think it is quite possible that the boarders and stickers are a thing of the past.

Now, if someone comes across a way to delete more than one picture at a time, please fill me in.

The new site is a great improvement over the old one but it seems odd that they give you the option to select whichever pics you want and can download them but they didn't give a choice to delete the selected pics instead.

Yes, the delete thing was another odd way of doing it.
As for the borders, the app still has them. And since the site is now more like the app, it really did surprise me to see them gone.
I'll survive but honestly, that is the main reason I always recommended to anyone that they buy MM. Cost of single photos is another, since it only takes 10 to break even. But for someone who was on the fence, the borders were sure a big selling point.

Funny you mention that because I am on the fence about ordering it and borders are one of the things I really liked about MM. That stinks ks that they took them away

I'd actually like this so much more without the borders. I had such a cute picture taken and they put the stupidest border on it that covered parts of the picture and was Toy Story themed when we were in Frontier land and made no sense. Was really upset I couldn't take the border off.

We just returned from a cruise and spent one day at Animal Kingdom. I plan to purchase a couple photos as we were a group of nine. Not happy that they took away the borders and stickers. We did call this morning to confirm they are gone. I liked the ability to add them if I wanted them. It was nice to have the date etc. We have purchased memory maker in the past because of this perk. Can't really see purchasing it in the future now.

I'd actually like this so much more without the borders. I had such a cute picture taken and they put the stupidest border on it that covered parts of the picture and was Toy Story themed when we were in Frontier land and made no sense. Was really upset I couldn't take the border off.
You misunderstand.
The ride photos with borders done by PhotoPass are still on those photos.
I'm talking about the borders/stickers you add yourself.

We just returned from a cruise and spent one day at Animal Kingdom. I plan to purchase a couple photos as we were a group of nine. Not happy that they took away the borders and stickers. We did call this morning to confirm they are gone. I liked the ability to add them if I wanted them. It was nice to have the date etc. We have purchased memory maker in the past because of this perk. Can't really see purchasing it in the future now.
Run to the app. You can still add them there, for now.

You misunderstand.
The ride photos with borders done by PhotoPass are still on those photos.
I'm talking about the borders/stickers you add yourself.
Oh, well that's disappointing. I don't understand why they don't give you the option to remove them.

I was poking around in the new photopass site tonight.
Took me forever to find the link to delete photos.
But something else that I am having trouble with, where are the borders/stickers?
They take that away? Or am I missing it?

Sorry if there's already a topic on the new site, I looked but couldn't find it

I spoke with photopass on Monday night and they told me that the new site does not and will not have anymore borders or stickers.

The Apple MDE app does have the ability to add some borders (really just lower borders - not full frame) and stickers.

The google App Store does not have this feature yet and they didn’t know if/when it would be coming.

I am disappointed but also know that it will save me a ton of time now that this feature isn’t there for me to wrestle with!

I spoke with photopass on Monday night and they told me that the new site does not and will not have anymore borders or stickers.

The Apple MDE app does have the ability to add some borders (really just lower borders - not full frame) and stickers.

The google App Store does not have this feature yet and they didn’t know if/when it would be coming.

I am disappointed but also know that it will save me a ton of time now that this feature isn’t there for me to wrestle with!
I'd guess if they don't have it on the Google app by now they won't. iOS has had it for quite a long time

so I'll try my phone then for any stickers or borders if available. Bummer...it was so much easier to edit on the computer

What about editing like zoom or cropping? Is that only available on the app? Or is it now the picture they take is what you see is what you get?

so I'll try my phone then for any stickers or borders if available. Bummer...it was so much easier to edit on the computer

What about editing like zoom or cropping? Is that only available on the app? Or is it now the picture they take is what you see is what you get?
No edit feature period

Remember they warned that anyone who had boarders or stickers on their photos, and had not purchased them yet, would lose them. I suspect that we are now seeing why. I think it is quite possible that the boarders and stickers are a thing of the past.

Now, if someone comes across a way to delete more than one picture at a time, please fill me in.

They warned us about this? How, did they send an email? I must've missed the warning. I'm really upset, I have an Android and now can't finish editing my pictures.

For basic photo editing like crop and zoom I highly recommend downloading GIMP software. It's GNU open source version of Photoshop that's been around for at least a decade if not longer. Very good, very powerful. Not so convenient as having a one stop shop for your pictures but in the long run, far, far more useful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter