New Parking Impacts Rope Drop Strategy at MK

Unless they moved it, the large CM lot at TTC is at the far side towards the Poly, how in the world did you end up there?

Years ago we were sent there to park for an early breakfast. Up front by Poly. We were even waived through the parking toll. It was so weird to look around and see CM parking decals ... but at the time I had a sticker in the same place so guessing they just thought I was one too. :confused3 My car did not get towed.

My DM kept laughing I had been there too much if they are waiving me through check points and parking us with CMs.

Thought I should post this one.
It's facing the "right direction." ;)

MK-TTC-Parking-Lot_041218_zpsjnmuuwqe.jpg

Last edited:

Thought I should post this one.
It's facing the "right direction." ;)

View attachment 315530

SO .......... one is front and back .....
...... and the other is top and bottom .......
..... but both have the same east and west. ;)

NOTE: I did go to your thread of maps first and could not find this one. Did I miss it?

NOTE: I did go to your thread of maps first and could not find this one. Did I miss it?

I had to rotate my screen when I saw yours. Then I rotated it back for Robo's.

Now I'm just confused so I've turned it sideways.

My neck hurts.

I had to rotate my screen when I saw yours. Then I rotated it back for Robo's.

Now I'm just confused so I've turned it sideways.

My neck hurts.

It would hurt worse if you had stood on your head. ;)

I'm likely not much help, my kids state I have a warped concept of time, space and more ...

While preferred parking has been around for some time, Disney only displaced the early morning parking (before or at 7am) in the last week. Prior to this past weekend, we were always there at or before 7am, and always were parking within that front center "preferred" parking area---but no more...now you will have to trek from Zurg parking.
So, this happened to you over the weekend? I wonder if mid-weekers (non holiday weeks) can still get a decent spot early on.

This one is a freshened-up version.
I'd never posted it on the maps sticky because nobody had ever referenced that whole lot before.
(Just the TTC/Poly area.)

Your second post makes it clearer what happened but I think it's not that you were displaced ... it's that they are now selling Preferred with ease, filling all the available space so a past "policy" of letting some early arrivers park in "Preferred" for free is no longer happening.

Preferred started and still is in Aladdin (I think the area you are speaking of) and Jafar. Sadly both those areas up front used to be for Handicapped Parking because MK is severely short on those in their official blue line/sign area. Once Preferred came they shifted those folks to Zurg (former AAA Parking). Zurg can be a longer walk for those who utilize the Handicapped lot ~ was never a good option.

We noticed this trip for the first time in awhile we were directed to back rows of Jafar one day arriving around 11 with Preferred in front of us, then on the next day arriving at 9 we were the front row of Jafar. Aladdin was all Preferred, and maybe they sold Preferred to fill Jafar .. we didn't come back to car until midnight so not sure how full it got.

To help visualize:

Disney-World-preferred-parking-cost.png

NOTE: While it says all lots are walking distance this certainly isn't a good scale to know just how far. We once had to walk after a party and well ........... it can be far and very dark at night.

Is there only the one handicap parking lot? How far of a trek would you say it is to the TTC?

Is there only the one handicap parking lot? How far of a trek would you say it is to the TTC?

One tiny one that fills fast. The walk isn't too bad and there are wheelchairs out there should you need to borrow one for the walk. Someone would have to go get it just before bridge and bring it back to car. You do have to go downhill then uphill to get under the road. Now you have to detour left a bit by ticket booths since they added Security out there.

If the small one is filled, our experience last week was parking in Jafar, once towards the back and once the front row by Handicapped lot. You do have to cross the tram path but during busy hours they had a CM there for you. Prior to this last trip they had been sending us to Zurg - that can be a very long walk.

We've been AP holders for several years, and over 100+ trips I've never parked anywhere other than Aladdin, Jafar, Simba, or Peter Pan. I honestly didn't even know Rapunzel and Ursula were lots. lol
The best was years ago, we got there so early we were parked in the first row under the monorail beam. Made it easy to find the car. lol

We recently parked at MK over Easter week. I think there IS a staff only parking lot at the front of the MK parking lot. It was blocked off with gated entry. Perhaps they are CM's at the Poly or GF? On prior trips we've seen (what appear to be staff) crossing the street by the Poly.

On a slightly off-topic side note....on one of our days, the Express monorail was backed up. A CM was loudly saying over the PA that the monorail wait was 20+ minutes, but MK buses were continuously departing. The vast majority of folks completely ignored the announcement and headed up the monorail ramp, which was completely full of people waiting. Sure enough, there was zero wait for our bus! As soon as one was full, another was lined up right behind it.

Along the same lines, while riding the parking lot tram: the CM had to repeat himself many times before folks listened, "The tram is full. If you are waiting, please stand behind the yellow line. The tram can't move until everyone is behind the yellow line." Folks just completely ignored him when he kept repeating the last sentence over and over. It was kind of amazing just how utterly oblivious some folks are.

I'm going to be brutally honest here. I've been to Disney many, many times and at no point did I realize there were freaking buses at the TTC. I thought it was only monorail or boat. I know I can be oblivious but damn...that's bad even for me. :sad2:

ETA: The tram thing makes me crazy. People refuse to pay attention even when someone is basically saying "back the f*ck up." We've sat there for what felt like 5 minutes, while the mob waiting to get on a tram backed up behind the freaking yellow line.

One of the funniest / most annoying tram incidents happened at AK. We finished around 11am (we had already gone twice that week) so we headed back for the tram to the parking lot. There were two tram attendants to shuttle people onto the tram but one of them left to who knows where. After a few minutes, the tram is getting ready to leave but people keep sneaking on. That poor guy kept jogging left and right trying to stop more people from getting on and you could just see the frustration on his face.

Last edited:
I'm going to be brutally honest here. I've been to Disney many, many times and at no point did I realize there were freaking buses at the TTC. I thought it was only monorail or boat. I know I can be oblivious but damn...that's bad even for me. :sad2:

ETA: The tram thing makes me crazy. People refuse to pay attention even when someone is basically saying "back the f*ck up." We've sat there for what felt like 5 minutes, while the mob waiting to get on a tram backed up behind the freaking yellow line.

One of the funniest / most annoying tram incidents happened at AK. We finished around 11am (we had already gone twice that week) so we headed back for the tram to the parking lot. There were two tram attendants to shuttle people onto the tram but one of them left to who knows where. After a few minutes, the tram is getting ready to leave but people keep sneaking on. That poor guy kept jogging left and right trying to stop more people from getting on and you could just see the frustration on his face.
Buses are not always used. It just depends on the circumstances and how Disney wants to deal with crowds and other issues, like something is broken or their equipment is operating at reduced capacity.

I'm going to be brutally honest here. I've been to Disney many, many times and at no point did I realize there were freaking buses at the TTC.

I agree with the PP, that’s not ‘usually’ the case to have buses running from the TTC to MK. If crowds or monorail and/or ferry issues dictate, yes - but otherwise you’re not likely to see them.

Buses are not always used. It just depends on the circumstances and how Disney wants to deal with crowds and other issues, like something is broken or their equipment is operating at reduced capacity.

Oh thank god. I was really worried about myself there. Lol

Unless they moved it, the large CM lot at TTC is at the far side towards the Poly, how in the world did you end up there?
I wound up there once. To be fair, we hadn't driven to MK many times, maybe only two or three, and we always arrived at the appropriate time for normal opening, so there were a lot of cars to follow. This one particular morning, we got there quite early, perhaps for EMM, and so there weren't a lot of cars to follow, and I was just kind of loosely following a car that was a fair distance ahead of me, figuring that they knew where they were going, because I sure as heck didn't. I followed them right up until they went through the gate, and I realized that I probably didn't belong there. I wound up going all the way around the exit of the parking lot, then taking the cross over road by AAA Care Care center to go back through the parking lot entrance lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter