New Non-stop Flights From Edmonton to MCO

OOOOOO good to know :woohoo: We just find it easier to fly from Edmonton than Calgary. We always seem to get the milk run and it's one less stop!

We found out recently that westjet offers a good flight from yeg to mco via Calgary. I'm not sure if yyc added more flights or not but reasonable flights were offered during our searches for the first time for our January flights.

We hate flying through Toronto. I love that they are adding more direct flights tho from the west. With the recent buyout by Onex hopefully they continue to expand. Would love westjet to have more international flights!

More news on the YEG to MCO nonstop front. I just noticed that Swoop has extended their nonstops into the fall and winter months. During "peak" winter travel times, they now have two flights a week, Monday and Friday. Surprisingly, WestJet has not changed their nonstops from YEG at all...yet. Around $160 each way.

We found out recently that westjet offers a good flight from yeg to mco via Calgary. I'm not sure if yyc added more flights or not but reasonable flights were offered during our searches for the first time for our January flights.

We hate flying through Toronto. I love that they are adding more direct flights tho from the west. With the recent buyout by Onex hopefully they continue to expand. Would love westjet to have more international flights!

I try to avoid Toronto as well, but we ended up connecting there a couple weeks back and it was actually pretty smooth. We had a long layover, which is the only way I'd feel comfortable connecting there, but we honestly had no lines at security or customs, so the experience was pretty seamless.

The direct flight home to Calgary was much better though :)

Unfortunately, WestJet has dropped the Monday non-stop flights from Edmonton as my direct flights were changed to a stopover in Calgary. This has been confirmed on their website listing of all non-stop flights from Edmonton. Another interesting note is that the flights from Calgary to Orlando are all scheduled on the Boeing 737MAX 8 planes. :sad2:

Unfortunately, WestJet has dropped the Monday non-stop flights from Edmonton as my direct flights were changed to a stopover in Calgary. This has been confirmed on their website listing of all non-stop flights from Edmonton. Another interesting note is that the flights from Calgary to Orlando are all scheduled on the Boeing 737MAX 8 planes. :sad2:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sigh. It is already hard enough living farther north and having to already fly into the bigger center. It makes for a very long day if we have to fly Toronto/ Calgary or Edmonton then home. Those more direct flights are worth the money to me.

Another interesting note is that the flights from Calgary to Orlando are all scheduled on the Boeing 737MAX 8 planes. :sad2:

I really wonder what the fallout will finally be with the MAX series. If history is any indicator, after it's spate of accidents, the travelling public pretty much refused to fly on a DC10. All you'll see nowadays are the MD11 freight planes. The public perception was that they were "death traps".

I have flown on a 737MAX8 and all went well since obviously, I'm still here. I had both of my adult kids with me too. I'll probably chose flights just to not have to fly on one again in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts