New Monorails?

Takket

Test Tracker
There was a rumor going around about 6 months ago that Disney was looknig for bids to build new monorails, but I haven't heard anything on that in a while. Is this real or dispelled?

Monorail lines cost at least $1,000,000 per mile. They are never going to expand the monorail system

There's a Rumors and News subforum under Theme Parks Advice and Strategies. If anybody "knows", it will be posted there.

I don't think it's been either debunked or confirmed yet.
However, recent rehabilitation work on the existing trains makes it seem a little less likely. I think we can say with some level of assurance that unless Disney has gotten a lot better at keeping a big secret, we're not going to see new monorail trains for the 50th anniversary.

Definitely not before the 50th, but I would think they would be sometime after that. They are in rough shape, but you never know with all the cost cutting going on.

Instead of new monorails, they are just refurbishing the old ones. Which is kinda disappointing. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter