New.. modifying question

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Hello.. I’m sure this is somewhere big I can’t find it so I apologize in advance.
Booked our first stay for August and flights were just released .. if I fly home a day earlier it’s significantly cheaper.. I borrowed points for the stay ..
what if I want to switch to a day earlier ?
thanks so much

This will definitely happen to me so I’m interested too! I had planned on just calling MS, but I’d like to know the right way to do it

You just do it online. Go to your dashboard > View / Modify your current reservation, and edit to remove a night. Since you are borrowing, it will release your current UY points (since those can be banked), and keep your borrowed points in the existing reservation. Borrowed points can't be un-borrow, can't get banked, etc...

Than if you can't use those release points, you just bank them into the next year.

Edit To Add: When you click on How are my Vacation Points taken? when making a reservation, you should see something similar to the following:

1573262201823.png

Above shows you Borrowed Vacation Points will be used before normal annual allotment.

Hope that helps.

Great3

Last edited:

When you shorten your trip, it will put the least restrictive points back into your account.

So, if your reservation used borrowed points, but also had some current UY points, those would be returned to your account.

If the entire trip was made on borrowed points, then those will return as borrowed points and will expire at the end of the UY your trip is in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter