New Member - CCV

Danny3131

Earning My Ears
Family of 4 with 2 young children, finally took the plunge. We researched and debated for years. We've stayed at almost all the WDW properties. Looked at direct vs resale. Finally decided it was time to pull the trigger. So we decided to (No kids) take a long weekend and stay at CCV before making a decision.

Here's what sold it for us.
1) the lodge/lobby and grounds. Hard to put a value on the villas being connected to the WL lobby. Can't wait for our first holiday season trip.
2) the rooms. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice, or maybe we are just weird, but we loved the theming. Felt like a modern luxurious western resort
3) full range of room options. Granted, with a family of 4, we are less concerned about the studios and 1 br only having capacity for 4. We often bring the grandparents and felt that a 2 bedroom at ccv with full kitchen and living space was a better option for us than adjoining studios at poly for virtually the same points
4) amenities. The dining at WL is underrated. Artist point is great for signature dining. The new Geyser bar and grill is fantastic. Pools are probably not the best of rotation, but certainly above average
5) for an occasional point splurge, the cabins are amazing. Point for point, we thought they were every bit as nice as the bungalows. What you loose in firework views, I think you gain in tranquility and privacy

It was very difficult to not jump on poly and loose out on a monorail property. We were pleasantly surprised by the transportation. Left our villa at 840 on Saturday and were on main street with Starbucks in hand by 901. Also pleasantly surprised about the boat to contemporary which gave easy access to blt for fireworks

MF's obviously a little scary but here's to hoping they stay reasonable at least a few years while they try to sell the property ☺

We had a great time checking out the properties and are excited about our choice and 50 years of great trips

Cheers!

Welcome home to the DVC family. I am sure you'll enjoy many year of fabulous vacations.

Looking at the pictures on marketing materials I wasn't impressed with the studios, but I've read a review on easywdw and it left me excited about the new decor. It seems they stroke the right balance between theme and comfort. I'm looking forward to try a stay there, which probably will never happen due to having too few studios and owners will book those at 11 months. But who knows, one can always hope.

Family of 4 with 2 young children, finally took the plunge. We researched and debated for years. We've stayed at almost all the WDW properties. Looked at direct vs resale. Finally decided it was time to pull the trigger. So we decided to (No kids) take a long weekend and stay at CCV before making a decision.

Here's what sold it for us.
1) the lodge/lobby and grounds. Hard to put a value on the villas being connected to the WL lobby. Can't wait for our first holiday season trip.
2) the rooms. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice, or maybe we are just weird, but we loved the theming. Felt like a modern luxurious western resort
3) full range of room options. Granted, with a family of 4, we are less concerned about the studios and 1 br only having capacity for 4. We often bring the grandparents and felt that a 2 bedroom at ccv with full kitchen and living space was a better option for us than adjoining studios at poly for virtually the same points
4) amenities. The dining at WL is underrated. Artist point is great for signature dining. The new Geyser bar and grill is fantastic. Pools are probably not the best of rotation, but certainly above average
5) for an occasional point splurge, the cabins are amazing. Point for point, we thought they were every bit as nice as the bungalows. What you loose in firework views, I think you gain in tranquility and privacy

It was very difficult to not jump on poly and loose out on a monorail property. We were pleasantly surprised by the transportation. Left our villa at 840 on Saturday and were on main street with Starbucks in hand by 901. Also pleasantly surprised about the boat to contemporary which gave easy access to blt for fireworks

MF's obviously a little scary but here's to hoping they stay reasonable at least a few years while they try to sell the property ☺

We had a great time checking out the properties and are excited about our choice and 50 years of great trips

Cheers!
Welcome Home!

I'll be staying in a 2-BR lock-off at CCV this fall. I'm looking forward to it, even though it's just for 2 nights. Staying in one of the cabins is on my Disney bucket list. I hope that you have many years of enjoyment from your ownership.

Congrats and welcome home! We'll be in a 1 bedroom for a few nights after Thanksgiving and I am definitely looking forward to it.

Don't let the dues worry you too much - IMO, the rest of us need to be worried as it looks like the property taxes are going to go up big time. CCV has already taken that into account.

Welcome home. You have added to my excitement for my stay there. I was able to get one night after reservation opened. A few weeks ago I pick up an additional night. Just last week my waitlist came through. I went from a one night stay to three nights.

Congratulations!

On the dues I also wouldn't worry too much - as Carol mentioned much is property tax and the other resorts may see similar hits which CCV seems to have already considered. Plus the room point requirements bring it very much in line with several other resorts. Wishing you many enjoyable trips to CCV/WL/BRV!

Congrats and welcome home! We'll be in a 1 bedroom for a few nights after Thanksgiving and I am definitely looking forward to it.

Don't let the dues worry you too much - IMO, the rest of us need to be worried as it looks like the property taxes are going to go up big time. CCV has already taken that into account.

Yes, I agree. I expect that the dues will increase quite a lot. I don't know if there's a certain percentage cap but if there is, I bet they'll hit that every year without question. With that in mind, they might go with modest increases at CCV and potentially still at Polynesian until sold out. Just a personal hunch.

Yes, I agree. I expect that the dues will increase quite a lot. I don't know if there's a certain percentage cap but if there is, I bet they'll hit that every year without question. With that in mind, they might go with modest increases at CCV and potentially still at Polynesian until sold out. Just a personal hunch.

What doesn't have an increase limit is the property taxes. That would be impossible since DVC can'tt control that line. We could all be bemoaning this before the end of the year.

:welcome:Home!!

We have booked a weekend in a CC cabin in December. We walked around the cabin area in July, and that area is our favorite on property!

I agree with you about wanting the rooms connected to that lobby. I am debating between Hilton Head and Animal Kingdom Lodge, still feeling Hilton Head more. But one thing I liked about owning a contract at AKL is that I know I would be able to get into the Jambo rooms during December.

Congratulation! We too have bought at Copper Creek and look forward to staying there.

I'm also a new CCV owner - joined this past Friday. I keep agonizing if I made the right choice over Poly with the monorial - but I figured it will be easier to get into Poly than CCV at 7 months out.

I love Wilderness Lodge. I like that the studios are attached to the lobby, making it easier for my teen boys to go to Mercantile and quick service. The cabins are AMAZING! I was blown away at how gorgeous they are. Even the one bedroom is beautiful.

I cannot wait for our April 2018 stay and eventually Christmas in the Lodge ;)

I only purchased 100 points - with the hopes of adding more later. What have others purchased? (just curious)

WELCOME HOME fans and owners of CCV.

We enjoy the quietness of BRV while being close to WL amenities.

:earsboy: Bill

on main street with Starbucks in hand

I was excited for you up until that part. Now you are dead to me.

Hah!

Seriously, congrats! You'll enjoy it for many years to come. If you enjoy the resort and vacationing there, the cost will become irrelevant. I personally feel that being on the monorail is highly overrated. WL is a really nice place to stay, and the boat to MK is just fine.

Congrats @Danny3131! We're new CCV members, too. We're banking and borrowing to splurge for a cabin stay next spring, and we cannot wait!

Congratulations!
Like you, We're a family of 4 and DH was wanting to look at DVC on our most recent trip (just got back Tuesday) and I told him it wasn't worth it. Now I'm kicking myself. We love WL and if we can get locked in there we'd love it. If you care to go into more detail on what points total you bought and how the math all works out I'd love to hear it. Also, Can you use pints towards Disney cruise line?

Welcome to the Lodge... there is a fantastic group over on the DVC resorts board. Grab a Moosie and pull up a rocker to the fire.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

We are considering buying CCV direct during our stay in December. We are staying 5 nights there with a promotional room offer in a 1BR and have a tour scheduled a few days into the stay (required as part of the promo, but we were going to do one anyway).

For those that have purchased direct, would really love your help with answering a few questions:

- What do you need to bring with you in order to make the direct purchase in person? If we are titling it to a trust without a loan, I figure we need credit card, ID, and trust documents - anything else?

- How long does the process take and is it possible to have it all completed while on your trip? We will be there for 6 more days after the tour. We could always move the tour up, but wanted to experience a few days at CCV first (our trip is 10 days total).

- My understanding is that with a direct purchase the points are available within days. We're planning another trip in May and have heard about a "welcome home" booking for new members if you have a trip coming up soon (since we'll be a ways into the 7 month booking window and availability may be limited if booking on our own) - anyone know if this is still common practice?

This is something we've been considering for a while after several years of WDW trips, but we finally did the calculations and research and decided to pull the trigger on DVC. I just want to make sure we go in prepared and are able to complete the required paperwork for the purchase.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!