NEW MCO HYATT LUGGAGE TRANSFER POLICY!

My4PhillyGirls

College Dad
I learned recently that Disney Cruise Line now requires everyone who is staying at the MCO Hyatt and plans to have the hotel to transfer their luggage to Disney Cruise Line, that they must notify DCL no later than three days before the cruise. Disney Cruise Line will then send a list to MCO Hyatt regarding guests that are eligible for the transfers.

If you fail to do this you will have to take your own luggage to the bus check in or pay MCO Hyatt staff to take it to the DCL check in. This is just an FYI for cruisers who have used MCO Hyatt in the past and this policy was not in place.

There is no charge for the service. If you are in the room when the bellhop picks up the luggage, it is customary to tip a dollar or two per bag.
No, the NEW fee if the cruiser doesn’t notify DCL 3 days in advance and wants Hyatt to transfer their luggage anyway

Do you know how much the Hyatt fee is for luggage handling to DCL?

If you are using DCL Transportation and follow the new policy, it is free but we always put a tip on the bags left in the room. If you do not register with DCL you will have to pay the same fee that the hotel charges when picking up your bags from baggage claims which is around $15.00.

If you are using DCL Transportation and follow the new policy, it is free but we always put a tip on the bags left in the room. If you do not register with DCL you will have to pay the same fee that the hotel charges when picking up your bags from baggage claims which is around $15.00.
Gotcha -thanks!

Will DCL accept my call and request or do I have to call Costco since I booked the cruise and transportation through them?

Hopefully when reserving dcl transfer they will ask about travel plans to mco, and suggest luggage transfer if staying at Hyatt.

How can you verify that the luggage transfer has been added to the reservation? I called and had them add it, but I don't see it anywhere in the reservation information.

Thanks,
Robert

Ask DCL to send you another hard copy of the reservation, it showed up there on mine.

I paid off my Dec. cruise yesterday. I mentioned this to our travel agent who told me I had to call the Hyatt myself since I made the reservation. I called the Hyatt, and they said call back in Nov. I guess I should call the travel agent again??

I paid off my Dec. cruise yesterday. I mentioned this to our travel agent who told me I had to call the Hyatt myself since I made the reservation. I called the Hyatt, and they said call back in Nov. I guess I should call the travel agent again??
I was told it was DCL that needed to note it on the reservation and DCL sends the Hyatt a list of luggage transfer. My TA did it with no problem.

I was told it was DCL that needed to note it on the reservation and DCL sends the Hyatt a list of luggage transfer. My TA did it with no problem.
I got caught up in this Thursday night when I checked in at the Hyatt. No notice whatsoever from DCL or Hyatt and the only explanation was that I "made the wrong kind of reservation." Happily it wasn't just me with one piece of luggage which I rolled down to Disney cruise transport the next morning. There was a truck which took the luggage at that point. The DCL rep asked me why I was carrying my own luggage from the Hyatt and when I explained "wrong kind of reservation" she said it was a new policy.

It did give me bad feelings about the Hyatt whose reps were not very kind or clear.

I called DCL and mentioned that I wanted to add a note to my reservation that I was staying at the Hyatt. At first he said that I would have had to make the reservation through DCL. I mentioned that's not what I've been reading and he went to check on it. Turns out what I was reading from here was correct and he added it to the reservation. I had to have my TA send me a detailed copy of my reservation, but I did see it listed there.

I don't understand why they made this more difficult.

I called DCL and mentioned that I wanted to add a note to my reservation that I was staying at the Hyatt. At first he said that I would have had to make the reservation through DCL. I mentioned that's not what I've been reading and he went to check on it. Turns out what I was reading from here was correct and he added it to the reservation. I had to have my TA send me a detailed copy of my reservation, but I did see it listed there.

I don't understand why they made this more difficult.
Is your Hyatt reservation through DCL? Or did you make the reservation through the Hyatt on your own?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter