New Magic Express resort pick up time?

phabric

DIS Veteran
Disney announced on Friday Nov 17, they are increasing Magic Express resort pick up for Domestic from 3 hours to 4 hours due to airport security delays.

They did not mention international - Canada flights, the old international pick up was 4 hours before flights.

Will we now be picked up 5 hours before my flight back to Canada?

It was 4 hours for us on Sunday. I didn't mind it! I was worried about the 3 hour pickup window because of the increased security, though largely I'm sure because it was a Sunday morning, we breezed through Security in less then 3 minutes. The last 3 times I've gone through there it's been chaos! Once to the point that the area going into the security was so crowded you couldn't see where one line was from another and about 30 people, or more, deep before the switch back lines even began.

We went through two weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon and the wait was about 10 minutes.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to this. We all have pre-check too... so we're going to be getting a 3am pickup time and the airport security won't even be OPEN. I'm wondering if there's a way to convince them to do a later pickup??

Yeah I'm not looking forward to this. We all have pre-check too... so we're going to be getting a 3am pickup time and the airport security won't even be OPEN. I'm wondering if there's a way to convince them to do a later pickup??

Can't you just give them a different flight time and number? I don't think they can check what flight you are on.

I have never felt, and yes we have had a 3am pick up time. That being there that early was a bad thing. It has given us time to get settled. But I am one who does not like to rush and feel like I could miss my flight. I just shake my head at those who are yelling in the customs line that they have to jump ahead before they miss there flights.

I like being early for flights, but with precheck and security not even being open at 4am, we’ll have nothing to do with the kids for a good 1.5 hours.

Under DIS site updates posted January 1, 2018, effective January 11, 2018 3 hour pickup will return.

Being Canadian, the pickup will still be 4 hours.

We didn't mind 4 hours as I don't like to feel rushed. It gives plenty of time to get through security and then have a bite to eat before boarding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!