New Magic Bands upgrades available from solid colors!

Mine just went through. I've been trying since 7 with the secure error as well as a blank screen. Tried again and everything loaded as it should! Got a Stitch for the ladylove and a castle for me! So excited!!

I was all excited to get one all ready to go...but they don't take gift cards as payment - which is stupid as I can use one in any Disney Store even online. :(

Is this now something I am going to have to check everyday to see if they add new options before making final selections each trip? I can see it now, I order ours for august and then a few hours later new options are added for one wayyy cooler hahaha.

For some reason I thought the price would just be added to my resort bill. duh. :)

I'll wait a while before I buy some, see if they add anymore. I've got lots of time.

They are cute, but DH likes the free solid one and I wear the puck on the magickeepers carabiner. Just saved $20!

Why does it tell you to call if your having problems? I called, and the guy said he couldn't do anything for me! Why won't it just work already?! I'e been trying since 7am!

Does anyone know if you can book them once your original order has been processed? IE we arrive on June 17th so my original order processed yesterday (Sucks to be me I know), but the way they are selling it is that you can order the new ones 11 days before your trip. I am getting a confirmation screen of my solid color order, but no links or anywhere to go to see the new ones. Can anyone help me? Thank you!

I was all excited to get one all ready to go...but they don't take gift cards as payment - which is stupid as I can use one in any Disney Store even online. :(
Gift cards are not allowed because if you cancel your reservation you get charged $15 for each of customized premium magic bands since your discount is lost.

Aaaand I totally get that doesn’t make 100% sense since they could just deduct that fee from the credit given back to your reservation but I suppose it’s probably in the legalese that is different between your reservation and magic band transactions.

Does anyone know if you can book them once your original order has been processed? IE we arrive on June 17th so my original order processed yesterday (Sucks to be me I know), but the way they are selling it is that you can order the new ones 11 days before your trip. I am getting a confirmation screen of my solid color order, but no links or anywhere to go to see the new ones. Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Doesn't hurt to try I guess but good luck actually getting one! I've been trying since 7am!

Not sure but I’m guessing if you don’t have an option to do this and your bands already processed I’m guessing you’re out of luck. But the good news is you’ll be there soon enough and a dole whip cures all ails.

Any Canadians having trouble choosing bands...try changing from the Canadian site to the American site. That’s what I had to do and then it worked! Our MagicBands have been successfully upgraded!

So I just called - I was told to try again in a few hours.... Alllllllrightythen! LOL

Any Canadians having trouble choosing bands...try changing from the Canadian site to the American site. That’s what I had to do and then it worked! Our MagicBands have been successfully upgraded!
Thanks for the tip. I am going to try this.

Okay, with much help from the forum and thread (thank you thank you -- especially about Canadians trying the US site -- it worked!!!) I have the band I want in the cart. However I cannot check out -- I pressed the complete button and it seems to want me to change the band for my adult daughter as well (we are linked but she may or may not want to choose a band later). Am I missing something? Is there a way for just me to pay for my band without upgrading daughter's??

Okay, with much help from the forum and thread (thank you thank you -- especially about Canadians trying the US site -- it worked!!!) I have the band I want in the cart. However I cannot check out -- I pressed the complete button and it seems to want me to change the band for my adult daughter as well (we are linked but she may or may not want to choose a band later). Am I missing something? Is there a way for just me to pay for my band without upgrading daughter's??
How did you get to the US page. Every time I try it keeps taking me to the Canadian page. I just want to throw my phone right now.

I cant decide between the snacks one and Slinky dog

I had the snack one picked out for myself hoping DD would go for the Vanelope or Stitch or even Moana, but lo and behold, she picked the snack one :sad:. Guess I just saved $10 on my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter