New Land to Animal Kingdom?

Zootopia should definitely have a section in Animal Kingdom. If Pandora and Dinoland can be in the park then so can Zootopia.

For anyone who says they are too human like. What do you think Mickey Mouse is? He somehow is friends with a dog, owns a dog and wears clothes.
Mickey Mouse doesn't have a land in AK though...
Character presence, like Zootopia currently has at Planet Watch, and a full blown land are very different things. Just because Zootopia has animals in the film doesn’t make it a fit for the Animal Kingdom. It’s a film based in a city, visually it’s very much similar to the Streets of America. Just like how anything set in the future isn’t automatically a perfect fit for Tomorrowland/ Future World.

Mickey Mouse doesn't have a land in AK though...

He still walks around like he owns the place and has various meet & greets.

And I didn't even mention the bugs, alien animals and chipmunks dressed at dino's.

Rafiki's Planet Watch is reopening, so nothing will take over that area per se. Given the conservation focus of AK in general, I would have been surprised if they HAD decided to tear it down for something else.

That said, I'm not sure what else could go into AK without it becoming too cumbersome. It already covers a huge land area (I know the safari land is a big part of that but still feels like such a long walking day, on par with Epcot), and while I would love a Zootopia land I'm not sure it would fit.

No one said anything about tearing down the animal hospital, actually think that could fit into the zootopia theme, I also wouldn't make the argument that AK has a strict theme. Pandora was a weird flex, i like it, but can't say it truly fit AK original idea.

I'd like to see a possible expansion on Pandora, Navi river journey is a waste of space imho, FOP is such an incredible attraction need to see more along that lines.

The other idea for the land could be a Wall-e! I think the ideas of conservation fits into the idea of AK. Would need to find a way to bring it to reflect the impact of pollution on animals and humans.

No one said anything about tearing down the animal hospital, actually think that could fit into the zootopia theme, I also wouldn't make the argument that AK has a strict theme. Pandora was a weird flex, i like it, but can't say it truly fit AK original idea.

I'd like to see a possible expansion on Pandora, Navi river journey is a waste of space imho, FOP is such an incredible attraction need to see more along that lines.

The other idea for the land could be a Wall-e! I think the ideas of conservation fits into the idea of AK. Would need to find a way to bring it to reflect the impact of pollution on animals and humans.

Agree about Pandora - wonder if they have some kind of expansion in their back pockets, waiting on how well Avatar 2 and 3 are received and what kind of IP they can mine from it.

I LOVE the idea of a Wall-E add on! Definitely goes with the conservation theme, but from a different angle. Not to mention he's one of my all time favorite characters :)

As was already stated Rafiki's is set to reopen, so nothing new will go there. There is a HUGE swath of land north of Asia in Ak that was originally intended to be part of larger Asia area. I would guess that area would be used in the next major expansion, when that comes. But Im guessing thats a long time with Epcot FW the main focus after GE is done.

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-17%20at%202.42.30%20PM.png

Although it may be reopening I am not sure for how long, the Rafiki's doe's not draw crowds. With SWGE opening end of this year we need more volume areas in each park. AK could gain from a new land. I do agree with the idea that Epcot does come first!

As was already stated Rafiki's is set to reopen, so nothing new will go there. There is a HUGE swath of land north of Asia in Ak that was originally intended to be part of larger Asia area. I would guess that area would be used in the next major expansion, when that comes. But Im guessing thats a long time with Epcot FW the main focus after GE is done.

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-17%20at%202.42.30%20PM.png

Or the section by the Nemo show.

I think you could absolutely make zootopia fit in with AK (which until ‘late fall’ is my fav park ). But yes it would be different and MK/HS like

Is Rafiki's PW definitely reopening soon? Any date set? With the conversion of Flights of Wonder to a movie/character themed attraction, I agree with those that suspect a Zootopia theming to RPW.

Meet and greets are not a themed land.

Mickey's had loads of lands based on him and his friends. And the whole world didn't selfdestruct because of their mere existence.

Camp Minnie Mickey
Mickey's Toontown
Mickey's Starland
Mickey's Birthdayland

Mickey's had loads of lands based on him and his friends. And the whole world didn't selfdestruct because of their mere existence.

Camp Minnie Mickey
Mickey's Toontown
Mickey's Starland
Mickey's Birthdayland
I don't think you are understanding my point. I will just agree to disagree.

I don't think you are understanding my point. I will just agree to disagree.

I'm understanding your point I just think that you're wrong.

What about Critter Country in Disneyland? It has animals who wear clothes just like you and I. But aren't they still considered animals?

I'm understanding your point I just think that you're wrong.

What about Critter Country in Disneyland? It has animals who wear clothes just like you and I. But aren't they still considered animals?
Disneyland park is not Animal Kingdom park.

I am not wrong, opinions can be had and I just don't agree with yours and that's okay so agree to disagree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!