New Kitchen Revealed!

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
yea and AMEN! it's done!! well, the downdraft still needs connected but that's icing on the cake now. for picture purposes it's done!! i didn't hang any regular decorations yet, just went straight to holiday decor so they walls, etc look a bit bland; that's why. but here she is..........

BEFORE

original kitchen

31040IMG_2557-med.JPG

original formal dining room

31040IMG_2906-med.JPG

took wall down in between two rooms

31040IMG_2923-med.JPG

and since you asked....NO, hunky handy man is NOT available for hire :teeth:

AFTER

31040IMG_3214-med.JPG

31040IMG_3213-med.JPG

window removed and door installed in old formal dining room

31040IMG_3218-med.JPG

sorry for the glare!

31040IMG_3217-med.JPG

31040IMG_3216-med.JPG

It's beautiful!!! I am sure you are glad it is done. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Molli,

Looks great!! Thanks for showing us. I'll have to put mine up. The only thing not really done is the trim along the wall.

Looks fantastic! I love the glass door cabinets and would do (almost) anything for a double oven!! Nice inspiration. Thanks for sharing! DH and I are in the middle of a kitchen remodel right now, nothing so elaborate, but it's nice to see a finished project and dream of when ours will be done!

It looked great before the remodel and now looks even better!

JandJ -- it's a 'trivection' oven by GE which translates to Speed Bake. oh my i'm still learning it but i LOVE it! i can't believe how much faster it preheats too than my ancient previous one.

thanks for all the cheers!!

Looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

We're remodeling our kitchen, too, and we're up to the countertop decision stage. What did you decide? Based on your sink, I'm thinking yours is either Corian or an engineered stone?

What helped you decide on the countertop? They all seem to have their pros and cons.

Beautiful!

I remodeled my kitchen a year ago, and I still walk into it and smile! It was the best decision I've made since I moved here three years ago!

PlutoLuvr -- we actually have two different countertops. the majority, including the sink, is Corian (Sahara color) mainly b/c i wanted the seamless sink. which i do love by the way. the island is the kitchen 'accent' for lack of a better term, so with it having different cabinet coloring my decorator suggested a different countertop as well. we had been looking real hard at Quartz but the price was much higher. So we went with Cambria quartz (something snow color) for the cooktop/island countertop and backsplash. The quartz is more heat- resistant; but also colder (i assume just during winter months?) and has a shine to it. I wasn't sure I'd like that quartz shine throughout my kitchen anyhow. Both clean up very well.

and for an FYI -- my decorator suggested a top-quality laminate with the look of natural stone to ease the budget. I was going to do that until i discovered seamless sinks :teeth:

Yes, the seamless sink gave you away! It looks sooooo good :)

Our contractor is pushing us towards a high-end Formica. I'm fine with Formica, but all of my "trendy" friends tell me I'll have trouble selling my home without "upgrades." Well, at least have trouble getting a good price when we move.

My hubby's a builder and can get Zodiac at cost. Still, it's real expensive even at cost. Another "con" there is we'll have a three- to four-week lull in the kitchen project while the Zodiac is being made. Formica would be in within a few days of ordering.

When I look at it from an accounting perspective, I'm leaning towards the Zodiac at cost. I think we'd end up with a profit on the kitchen with resale value. But we love our home and its location. We don't plan on moving anytime soon.

Then we go over to the in-laws for dinner a couple weeks ago and -- low and behold -- they've done a beautiful custom countertop job with tile and mosaic inlays that we were just drooling over. I swear, their kitchen looked like something you'd see in a castle in the Mediterranean.

Such tough decisions!

Thanks for reading my babble, lol. I think it might be therapeutic to write this out ;)

I don't mean to ask something so personal, but can someone give me a ball park for what the price tag is on a kitchen remodel like that one??I know there is a "range" of prices... that is why I say ball park--generally speaking...
TIA--looks beautiful by the way!

Molli-Your kitchen looks GREAT!! Thanks for sharing. I know you are super excited to have everything back in working condition.

beauiful kitchen!!!!! I just had corian installed in my kitchen and I LOVE IT!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!