New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Im with you - we rescheduled to August, and I definitely have a better outlook for it. I just hope not too much will change.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

I booked a week end of August at BWV minus a day missing in the middle of the week. I'll book that cash at BWI if something doesn't pan out by then. I kept looking at my count down for our October trip and couldn't take it any more I had to book something. :rotfl2:

I have a good feeling about things being back to "normal" by then, whatever normal is going to look like now. If masks are still mandatory I may cancel or just have a resort only stay. I guess we'll learn more about Disney's plans for reopen today after 10 am, fingers crossed.pooh:

Good morning!😃 Its busier in Cape May than it’s been for awhile. Almost all the owners are here on our street. Our temperatures are more mild than Philadelphia! We are still coolish, and lots of blooming flowers, our rhododendrons are stunning!

I hope some of you are planning vacations that will materialize. I will be cancelling our early July vacation before the 30 day mark. We won‘t be going, I have offered some nights to friends who live in FL. I am not sure that they feel comfortable going.

Sorry you had to cancel, I know from experience it isn't an easy decision. I hope your September plans go through.

I booked a week end of August at BWV minus a day missing in the middle of the week. I'll book that cash at BWI if something doesn't pan out by then. I kept looking at my count down for our October trip and couldn't take it any more I had to book something. :rotfl2:

I have a good feeling about things being back to "normal" by then, whatever normal is going to look like now. If masks are still mandatory I may cancel or just have a resort only stay. I guess we'll learn more about Disney's plans for reopen today after 10 am, fingers crossed.pooh:

That’s awesome! I’m happy you were able to get something! Did you waitlist your missing day or a full week somewhere else?

So, when I booked two weeks ago, I was stressing SO bad. Really wanted Poly for one of the weeks... all 8 days available - wonderful. Decided to wait until after I made dinner to call to cancel June and reallocate those points to August. Literally come back on about an hour later and only 3 days were left. I wanted to cry. So, a few days later, I happened to see 4 days pop up, then two days at the end of the week, then the day after that two more days. I was just missing one day, a Thursday!! Really?! So, I waitlisted it and stalked the site, and after about 2 more days, it popped up! Ugh, I feel stressed out just reliving it 😂 Never want to do that again!!!!!

What’s happening at 10 AM, please?

OK. I read the news about the plans coming!

Good morning!😃 Its busier in Cape May than it’s been for awhile. Almost all the owners are here on our street. Our temperatures are more mild than Philadelphia! We are still coolish, and lots of blooming flowers, our rhododendrons are stunning!

I hope some of you are planning vacations that will materialize. I will be cancelling our early July vacation before the 30 day mark. We won‘t be going, I have offered some nights to friends who live in FL. I am not sure that they feel comfortable going.

On Monday we took a ride to DD house, she lives in Shamong and the rhododendrons were beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen them more beautiful. Maybe its because of all the rain and the cooler temps...

Thank you! You too! Our vacation after this one is planned for September and we have positive feelings regarding that one! Our swim club is showing signs of opening...hope the Governor lets it happens!

This morning I heard on the news that there are quite a few hair salons that are planning on opening on 6/1 with or without Phil's ok. I sure wish my hair salon was opening, I'm in desperate need! The salon owner they interviewed is saying that the governor isn't getting back to them and isn't giving them any guidance so they are taking matters into their hands. They have been in consultation with the beauty industry, taken classes on how to safely open and won't have a waiting area in the salon. I wouldn't be surprised if salons that do walk ins no longer do that, it will probably be by appointment only.

Sorry to be off topic.

I hope your August trip happens for you and I hope you don't have to wear masks. Yesterday we went to grocery store, it was a little warmer than it's been and humid. I have to say I found it harder to breath with the mask on so I can't imagine what it would be like in FL.

That’s awesome! I’m happy you were able to get something! Did you waitlist your missing day or a full week somewhere else?

So, when I booked two weeks ago, I was stressing SO bad. Really wanted Poly for one of the weeks... all 8 days available - wonderful. Decided to wait until after I made dinner to call to cancel June and reallocate those points to August. Literally come back on about an hour later and only 3 days were left. I wanted to cry. So, a few days later, I happened to see 4 days pop up, then two days at the end of the week, then the day after that two more days. I was just missing one day, a Thursday!! Really?! So, I waitlisted it and stalked the site, and after about 2 more days, it popped up! Ugh, I feel stressed out just reliving it 😂 Never want to do that again!!!!!

You know I don't like to waitlist. :rotfl2:
There's a P/G view available but my points are in limbo until June. I have points I could borrow but didn't want to in case I have to cancel, both of those contracts are Dec UY. This virus has my points all screwed up, it'll take me years to get it all sorted out.:laughing:

Glad you were able to piece your vacation together.:-) In the short time I've been DVC I've learned if you see it available, book it now, it might be gone in 5 minutes. Live and learn.

I hope your August trip happens for you and I hope you don't have to wear masks. Yesterday we went to grocery store, it was a little warmer than it's been and humid. I have to say I found it harder to breath with the mask on so I can't imagine what it would be like in FL.

Thanks. I already know I can't do a mask at Disney in the heat, the past few days have opened my wife's eyes that she probably can't either, that woman never listens to me. :rotfl2:I'd be totally fine with a week at Boadwalk, without leaving the resort.pooh:

You know I don't like to waitlist. :rotfl2:
There's a P/G view available but my points are in limbo until June. I have points I could borrow but didn't want to in case I have to cancel, both of those contracts are Dec UY. This virus has my points all screwed up, it'll take me years to get it all sorted out.:laughing:

Glad you were able to piece your vacation together.:-) In the short time I've been DVC I've learned if you see it available, book it now, it might be gone in 5 minutes. Live and learn.

I know!! I definitely know better!!!!!! This has happened to me before! So stupid.

I hear ya!! Because we switched, we ended up saving like 60 points!! (Other week is at AKL) So we decided to add one more night to our 1br. reservation at VGF this fall!

Thanks. I already know I can't do a mask at Disney in the heat, the past few days have opened my wife's eyes that she probably can't either, that woman never listens to me. :rotfl2:I'd be totally fine with a week at Boadwalk, without leaving the resort.pooh:

We did a week this past January without park time and it was fine. I would think in the summer it would be even better for the pool. Jan/Feb can be iffy for pool time. I hope you go and have a great time.

Funny about "that woman", don't let her see that! Just kidding :thumbsup2

Any word on when Florida will remove the 2 weeks mandatory self quarantine f F or NJ travelers.

Yes the governor needs to lift the ban. Of course maybe he's waiting on our governors to loosen the strangle hold they have on the states in question...just a thought, not sure if has anything to do with it or not. But just think about it, if our own governor doesn't think we should be able to go into all the stores, hairdresser, barber shops, restaurants and even our churches than why should the governor of FL think we are safe to go into his state?

Yes the governor needs to lift the ban. Of course maybe he's waiting on our governors to loosen the strangle hold they have on the states in question...just a thought, not sure if has anything to do with it or not. But just think about it, if our own governor doesn't think we should be able to go into all the stores, hairdresser, barber shops, restaurants and even our churches than why should the governor of FL think we are safe to go into his state?

Because he’s a sweet guy 😊 😆

Hi, happy to see things are moving ahead with DVC and WDW.

I was not planning a trip this year but just booked 11/14-11/20, spilt stay SSR and RIV. I have points that were banked. Excited to get a few nights a Rivera.

Weather is pretty beautiful by me Monmouth County.

And I agree with Ms. Minnie, I think Florida will allow us once our restrictions lift a little more. Maybe since, so many of us visit WDW we will get the okay soon.

👍🏻🙏🍀😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter