New Intro & Opening!

HighFlyin2DIS

Earning My Ears
Was watching live today and love the new logo and intro!

The new retro look is great!

Keep up the great work guys!!!

I do like the intro., but I thought it said all things Disney related (or similar). As I recall, I do think there was a news story or reference to a Sea World rescue (which I fully applaud).

So perhaps it is all things Disney related and Orlando theme parks?

I do like the intro., but I thought it said all things Disney related (or similar). As I recall, I do think there was a news story or reference to a Sea World rescue (which I fully applaud).

So perhaps it is all things Disney related and Orlando theme parks?

"All things Disney" just means they cover the scope of Disney – ABD, cruise, theme parks both domestic and international, films, etc. It does not mean "only Disney"

"All things Disney" just means they cover the scope of Disney – ABD, cruise, theme parks both domestic and international, films, etc. It does not mean "only Disney"

Agreed that is one interpretation. So I guess the scope expands beyond from "Disneyworld to Disneyland". I interpreted as it was a bookend to cover only topics directly tied to DIS (ticker symbol).

Agreed that is one interpretation. So I guess the scope expands beyond from "Disneyworld to Disneyland". I interpreted as it was a bookend to cover only topics directly tied to DIS (ticker symbol).

And Disney Cruiseline - Craig explained in the opening of the latest Connecting with Walt that they first tried 3 different fonts for "DIS" - one Disneylandish, one Walt Disney Worldish, and one Disney Cruiselineish, but they found it only worked if they used lowercase letters and the didn't want to do that because the "DIS" actually is an acronym that stands for "Disney Information System"

In the end, we have to understand the main point of these podcasts is to encourage people to travel, and ideally, use Dreams Unlimited to do so - and covering all things in the Orlando Area can help encourage travel to that area. Same reason they have a Universal focused show under the "DIS" banner as well

And Disney Cruiseline - Craig explained in the opening of the latest Connecting with Walt that they first tried 3 different fonts for "DIS" - one Disneylandish, one Walt Disney Worldish, and one Disney Cruiselineish, but they found it only worked if they used lowercase letters and the didn't want to do that because the "DIS" actually is an acronym that stands for "Disney Information System"

In the end, we have to understand the main point of these podcasts is to encourage people to travel, and ideally, use Dreams Unlimited to do so - and covering all things in the Orlando Area can help encourage travel to that area. Same reason they have a Universal focused show under the "DIS" banner as well

My reference was to the DIS ticker symbol as to not confuse it with the DIS (Disney Information System). The DIS ticker covers The Walt Disney Company and it's four business segments (1) Studio Entertainment, (2) Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, (3) Media Networks, (4) Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International. The cruise line falls under segment (2).

I fully encourage the podcasts business charter and to use DU. However, I think my interpretation could be reasonable when viewing the new introduction and, in the interest of uniformity, was a little confusing. It's a minor gripe.

I did not reference the logo in this thread.

My reference was to the DIS ticker symbol as to not confuse it with the DIS (Disney Information System). The DIS ticker covers The Walt Disney Company and it's four business segments (1) Studio Entertainment, (2) Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, (3) Media Networks, (4) Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International. The cruise line falls under segment (2).

I fully encourage the podcasts business charter and to use DU. However, I think my interpretation could be reasonable when viewing the new introduction and, in the interest of uniformity, was a little confusing. It's a minor gripe.

I did not reference the logo in this thread.

No I know, just was expanding that you referenced Disneyland and Walt Disney World but just indicating that the intro (and the logo as well) are meant to also include the Cruise Line - not your mention of the ticker. Definitely get your point that if this is your first time watching it you would think they would only cover Disney (the company or the ticker as you have it) but I think over time they have shown to cover the Orlando area as well on the main show and, historically, broader southern California on the Disneyland show

No I know, just was expanding that you referenced Disneyland and Walt Disney World but just indicating that the intro (and the logo as well) are meant to also include the Cruise Line - not your mention of the ticker. Definitely get your point that if this is your first time watching it you would think they would only cover Disney (the company or the ticker as you have it) but I think over time they have shown to cover the Orlando area as well on the main show and, historically, broader southern California on the Disneyland show

Interesting. I know of many other attractions in the Orlando area that can be covered as well (beyond the theme parks). Perhaps that is an area that warrants further exploration in the future? We have quite a few attractions of late that are really upping the ante for offsite entertainment; I definitely see that as a travel perk when coming to the Orlando theme parks.

Interesting. I know of many other attractions in the Orlando area that can be covered as well (beyond the theme parks). Perhaps that is an area that warrants further exploration in the future? We have quite a few attractions of late that are really upping the ante for offsite entertainment; I definitely see that as a travel perk when coming to the Orlando theme parks.

They used to have another show called The Trip which basically covered other things in the area - restaurants, activities, etc. - but that ended a while ago

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!