• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Info for 100 Year Celebration for Hearing Impaired

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
I have just received an email from WDW and thought I would post it here in case it is useful to anyone. I really hope that the Palm Pilot becomes reality, it sounds great! :D

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

We researched your inquiry about the new "One Man's Dream" attraction, and received the following information. Please bear in mind that the attraction has not yet opened, however this is the most current information we have available.

The film presentation at the end of the "One Man's Dream" attraction at the Disney MGM Studios is expected to have reflective captioning for the hearing impaired.

We also hope to be instituting a "trial program" for One Man's Dream which would involve providing hearing impaired guests with a Personal Digital Assistant (like "palm pilots") for the "walkaround exhibit" section of the new attraction.
Since this is a new technology for Walt Disney World, we cannot guarantee whether this program will be in place by the time of your visit, however please feel free to inquire with a host or hostess as you enter the attraction.

Regret we do not have detailed information yet about the new interactive infomration booths, however it is generally thought that information will be provided in both audio and closed captioned form, which would require the use of
a a decoder that you may borrow from the Guest Services locations. We suggest that you inquire with Guest Services as you enter the parks, and they will be happy to advise you of the procedure.

Thanks Mazzy. That's good to hear. I'm not going until Dec so thingsa should be up and running but I will e-mail the coordinator before I go as to how it is being handled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter