New Immersive Star Wars Experience Coming to Disney Springs in Florida

Tickets for my local experience are $25 per person. Obviously if it's at Disney the price could change drastically.

How much time do you get in the course for $25?

I was expecting this to be $69/person (we're taking bets in my office) but if it's only a 15 minute experience, then I can see that not being the case.

Why would he be fighting hand to hand with a stick against things that slice through metal?

That was just an unnecessary forced action scene
To be fair how else do you fight someone with a light saber?"lets just throw things at them until they get tired! We'll put things in order!" (Pun intended)

How much time do you get in the course for $25?

I was expecting this to be $69/person (we're taking bets in my office) but if it's only a 15 minute experience, then I can see that not being the case.

We have the Ghostbusters experience here right now and it's 10 minutes.

To be fair how else do you fight someone with a light saber?"lets just throw things at them until they get tired! We'll put things in order!" (Pun intended)

Surround them and fire. Here's the thing, I get the whole mystical force thing helping out being faster and precognitive battle skills, but if you have 4 people surrounding a Jedi firing at them at the same time, you can't block them all, regardless of what Lucas has always shows. In 99% of action movies involving bad guys and projectile weapons, the only thing that saves the good guy is an inability to aim by the bad guys... Jedi seems to inordinately benefit from this concept.

And yes, I still love Star Wars and the Jedi. My kids are completely hooked into the movies, though they have a different order of greatness than I do.

Me My kids (aggregated between a 7 year old girl and twin 5 year old boys
5 6
4 4
Rogue 3
7 7
6 5
3 1
2 2
1 too young for Rogue

I'm sad they don't like 5 more, but I think Empire will climb as they get older. They also laugh at Jar-Jar, which has me fearing for their generation. I hope they grow out of this as well.

Surround them and fire. Here's the thing, I get the whole mystical force thing helping out being faster and precognitive battle skills, but if you have 4 people surrounding a Jedi firing at them at the same time, you can't block them all, regardless of what Lucas has always shows. In 99% of action movies involving bad guys and projectile weapons, the only thing that saves the good guy is an inability to aim by the bad guys... Jedi seems to inordinately benefit from this concept.

And yes, I still love Star Wars and the Jedi. My kids are completely hooked into the movies, though they have a different order of greatness than I do.

Me My kids (aggregated between a 7 year old girl and twin 5 year old boys
5 6
4 4
Rogue 3
7 7
6 5
3 1
2 2
1 too young for Rogue

I'm sad they don't like 5 more, but I think Empire will climb as they get older. They also laugh at Jar-Jar, which has me fearing for their generation. I hope they grow out of this as well.

I honestly think the last two movies have moved Jedi up the list on quality...

They just can't seem to get the feel right on these for me...that "worn" feel still hasn't been replicated in my opinion.

I honestly think the last two movies have moved Jedi up the list on quality...

They just can't seem to get the feel right on these for me...that "worn" feel still hasn't been replicated in my opinion.
I disagree about rogue one because I think that's one of the best made imo. I'm also not a huge fan of Jedi. I think Death Star 2 is a bigger copout plot wise than star killer base tbh

I disagree about rogue one because I think that's one of the best made imo. I'm also not a huge fan of Jedi. I think Death Star 2 is a bigger copout plot wise than star killer base tbh

Rogue one came real close...most of it I like...except that fake Star destroyer collisions...thought they coulda done better there.

The space battle still was too cgi in my opinion though...the return of the Jedi scene still holds up except for the fake explosions...

The reactor run still is the essence of Star Wars to me.

Rogue one came real close...most of it I like...except that fake Star destroyer collisions...thought they coulda done better there.

The space battle still was too cgi in my opinion though...the return of the Jedi scene still holds up except for the fake explosions...

The reactor run still is the essence of Star Wars to me.
The CGI didn't bother me although I've grown up in the age of CGI.

one thing that irked me was the main theme was way too upbeat for what was a pretty gritty darker movie.

I think what I enjoyed most about it is the characters. They had flaws and they depicted them and the rebellion as imperfect. Sure they're the good guys, but cassian shoots a guy in the back early in he movie, and Saul basically runs the mujadeen in jedha

one thing that irked me was the main theme was way too upbeat for what was a pretty gritty darker movie.

I think what I enjoyed most about it is the characters. They had flaws and they depicted them and the rebellion as imperfect. Sure they're the good guys, but cassian shoots a guy in the back early in he movie, and Saul basically runs the mujadeen in jedha

Saul is consistent with his character in SW Rebels as well. Pretty much a vicious nut job. But that's what you get with a rebellion. The law and order types stick with the government. The nuts and fringe players and risk takers go to the rebellion. The winner writes the history. That's one reason I really liked Rogue. The Rebellion was a much more realistic cast of outlaws and marginal people.

The music wasn't good except for the last Death Star sequence...

Disney needs to just accept that Star Wars is permenantly tied to the John Williams style. He certainly isn't gonna live forever...but they need to have their composers basically go with his tricks and themes while encorporating new stuff.

Saul is consistent with his character in SW Rebels as well. Pretty much a vicious nut job. But that's what you get with a rebellion. The law and order types stick with the government. The nuts and fringe players and risk takers go to the rebellion. The winner writes the history. That's one reason I really liked Rogue. The Rebellion was a much more realistic cast of outlaws and marginal people.
Yeah I'm definitely not criticizing sauls character. It was one of my favorite parts of the movie

So this is going to be in Once Upon A Toy? The entire store or just the back where they cleared out the Star Wars stuff?

Either way .. I can't imagine this being a very long "experience" in such a small space.

I'm surprised that it's going into such a small space too. We liked Once Upon A Toy so it's a shame for us. They had some cool things and it wasn't all about Star Wars.

The music wasn't good except for the last Death Star sequence...

Disney needs to just accept that Star Wars is permenantly tied to the John Williams style. He certainly isn't gonna live forever...but they need to have their composers basically go with his tricks and themes while encorporating new stuff.
I didn't hate the music sans the aforementioned piece, but it's also not like I bought the soundtrack

I'd be fine with the idea if it hadn't been tried and failed in city walk already. It just doesn't seem like an idea that would draw people in (like this Star Wars VR thing has the potential to do)

The way I read the presser this is something much better than the one at Citywalk.

Citywalk one was a NBA themed restaurant. It was very dated. They still had the old boat anchor TV's.

DS is an immersive NBA experience that also has a restaurant. I'm expecting it to be something way beyond what was at Citywalk. But I'll wait until I see the final product to pass judgement.

NBA is my least favorite of the 4 major pro sports. I'd much rather see something done with NHL, MLB, or NFL, but i'm not going to poubt like some people because they didn't pick my favorite thing to fill this space with. If this is as well done as I'm expecting it could be fun in spite of Basketball not being my thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!