New Images of Coronado Rooms ?

Well, it's Ok, but it doesn't look anything special to me. I actually preferred the old decor - at least it looked a bit South western. Now it just looks like any hotel anywhere. Very plain and beige. Ugh!

Is that a ceiling fan, I see? That would be nice if they keep the fans.

I will still book a stay here, but this general trend to non themed plain rooms is disappointing, IMO.

Well, it's Ok, but it doesn't look anything special to me. I actually preferred the old decor - at least it looked a bit South western. Now it just looks like any hotel anywhere. Very plain and beige. Ugh!

Is that a ceiling fan, I see? That would be nice if they keep the fans.

I will still book a stay here, but this general trend to non themed plain rooms is disappointing, IMO.

I can see what you're saying, but all it really needs is something for the end of the bed. One of those cheap bed things... whatever you call em. Bed Scarfs (I looked it up).

Put a southwestern or Mexican themed one and it will look like a Million Pesos.

I can see what you're saying, but all it really needs is something for the end of the bed. One of those cheap bed things... whatever you call em. Bed Scarfs (I looked it up).

Put a southwestern or Mexican themed one and it will look like a Million Pesos.

I agree, nice bed scarfs would make a big difference! The beds almost look like they aren't completely made with just plain white sheets.

Overall, I don't think that it looks bad. On the contrary - I think that it looks nice enough. I just believe that Disney can do so much better! AND I believe that they have proved that people do like over the top themed decor in their rooms and are often even willing to pay more for that experience.

I agree, nice bed scarfs would make a big difference! The beds almost look like they aren't completely made with just plain white sheets.

Overall, I don't think that it looks bad. On the contrary - I think that it looks nice enough. I just believe that Disney can do so much better! AND I believe that they have proved that people do like over the top themed decor in their rooms and are often even willing to pay more for that experience.

Like the princess rooms. :lovestruc I booked one of those at 26 with no kids in my party and absolutely loved it.

This is pretty much what the renovated rooms look like at Yacht Club. Very sleek & bland, with the space under the bed, no carpet & the heavy sliding door into the bathroom. It was certainly nice, but I miss the whimsical Disney touches! Give me fun over sophistication any day!

This is pretty much what the renovated rooms look like at Yacht Club. Very sleek & bland, with the space under the bed, no carpet & the heavy sliding door into the bathroom. It was certainly nice, but I miss the whimsical Disney touches! Give me fun over sophistication any day!
I agree, for me the themed rooms have been the main reason to stay onsite. As each property has been renovated recently, the theming has been removed (or so toned down that it's hardly noticeable). If this trend continues, I may start doing more offsite stays for the better value. Sad that they are de-theming the WDW resorts. :charac2:

Staying here for our first on property stay at the end of the year and have to say the rooms look lovely and I hope I get a renovated room but where is the so called Disney bubble. It is so generic now that you could be staying in any renovated hotel in Orlando. No need to spend that kind of money when you can just stay off site. Especially as we will always get a car just so we can do a few off site things too. Dont know why they seem to want to catter for people who are not Disney fans too.

Staying here for our first on property stay at the end of the year and have to say the rooms look lovely and I hope I get a renovated room but where is the so called Disney bubble. It is so generic now that you could be staying in any renovated hotel in Orlando. No need to spend that kind of money when you can just stay off site. Especially as we will always get a car just so we can do a few off site things too. Dont know why they seem to want to cater for people who are not Disney fans too.
Very well said.

Because they added the sliding doors and took out the bathroom fans. I heard that you can hear people in the bathroom doing their business. A toilet expert suggested just putting on the television and having it at a good volume level.

If that doesn't work you can always send away for a Japanese toilet noise blocker. Good for your home or visiting bathrooms.

on-serebu-toilet-noise-blocker-4-thumb.jpg

I generally like the look. very sleek, clean and modern looking - although I agree with earlier posters - it really needs more Disney touches or something to make it relate more to the theme. Alas - the age of conformity is hitting Disney Resorts...

I love the rooms, but I do see people's points about theming and overall look. The three Caballeros pictures should be unique. They've got the very same picture, just in different sizes. And they're surprisingly close to each other.

and of course Dfan79 loves him some bed scarfs. They help with the theming and you don't have to be Hercules to lift it, like with the old blankets/comforters.

Last edited:
I don't care about themes in the room as much as I want to see it on the grounds. The reality - the only WDW resorts that are really Disney themed are ASMo and AoA. The princess rooms at POR are Disney themed, but not the resort.

I don't need the rooms to be Disney themed (though I do love the Royal Guest rooms and would totally welcome more rooms along those lines), but I think they should at least match the resort theme. The most recent renos are so nondescript.

I don't care about themes in the room as much as I want to see it on the grounds. The reality - the only WDW resorts that are really Disney themed are ASMo and AoA. The princess rooms at POR are Disney themed, but not the resort.
The resorts may not be specifically Disney themed but they each have an overall theme that I think works very well. I love the Louisiana feel of POR for example.

The resorts may not be specifically Disney themed but they each have an overall theme that I think works very well. I love the Louisiana feel of POR for example.
I agree, but that was not my point. My point was simply that we should not expect these new rooms to be Disney themed because almost none of the rooms at WDW are Disney themed.

I agree, but that was not my point. My point was simply that we should not expect these new rooms to be Disney themed because almost none of the rooms at WDW are Disney themed.

I think the main complaint wasn't lack of Disney theming, it was the lack of any theming (like southwest style for Coronado).

I feel the opposite way about the rooms. I don't want understated or classy, I want complete and total immersion into the theme of the resort.

I love the little touches, like the Aladdin faucets (in Riverside) and the big neon signs that say "Car Wash" (in AoA). I don't care if people say it's kiddie or tacky, I'm going to Disney World to feel like I'm in Disney World 24/7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts