New ice cube rule

Serious question - What were people bringing in coolers of loose ice for that it caused this much of an issue? How big of coolers are we talking?

On our last visit, a gentleman was made to relinquish his 6 pack of Budweiser a few lanes over from us during bag check.

I agree. Sooner or later, economic decisions will hide behind "because of security." I see the day when bringing in food or beverages will be prohibited, "because of security." The same with backpacks, camelbacks, etc.

What you can do is say enough and not go. I did that with flying, when the latest rules on electronics, food, books, etc., were the straw that broke the camel's back. I've done it with professional and collegiate sporting events as well.

The goal of terrorism is to intimidate and force a change. Looking back at what our country used to be and they way we lived our lives, I would stay that the terrorists accomplished their goal.

Just curious, what are the new rules on electronics, food and books? I haven't noticed anything different but I usually only have a couple of snacks, maybe 1 book and my tablet.

Just curious, what are the new rules on electronics, food and books? I haven't noticed anything different but I usually only have a couple of snacks, maybe 1 book and my tablet.

If I'm not mistaken, you now have to remove all food for separate screening, and any electronic bigger than a cell phone. Rumor was books would also have to come out, but I don't think they went thru with it.

Many venues ban outside food. Movie theaters, some sporting venues and some non Disney theme parks. Rules on effect long before current security concerns.
Disney doesn't need a security reason, that might be a given reason.
Yeah and those rules are often challenged and in many areas deemed illegal, even for security reasons.

What I don't understand, is why not simply use xRay machines (or CRT machines like airports are switching to) while you walk through the metal detector? It would dramatically speed up the security process and make it much easier to catch things. Universal Studios Hollywood does this and it rarely takes more than 2 minutes to go through security, even on the busiest days and times of the day. Still would probably want loose ice in clear plastic bags though.

Although, Sea World San Diego just introduced a new method that also works very well, you hold everything in your pockets above your shoulders as you walk through the metal detector and someone is physically checking your bag while you do so. Again, dramatically speeds up security and the metal detectors have zones that tell them where the metal items are, so the items above your shoulders do set off the metal detectors, but they can see you have nothing metal below that point and they can see the metal object (keys and such) you do have.

I agree. Sooner or later, economic decisions will hide behind "because of security." I see the day when bringing in food or beverages will be prohibited, "because of security." The same with backpacks, camelbacks, etc.

What you can do is say enough and not go. I did that with flying, when the latest rules on electronics, food, books, etc., were the straw that broke the camel's back. I've done it with professional and collegiate sporting events as well.

The goal of terrorism is to intimidate and force a change. Looking back at what our country used to be and they way we lived our lives, I would stay that the terrorists accomplished their goal.

Well, not going to an event is a change.

Terrorists don’t really care if we can’t bring ice into a theme park. They do t want change. They want to cause terror. They want to push others into a spot where the other side is perceived to be the bad guy.

On that front, we have certainly given them some wins.

Well, not going to an event is a change.

Terrorists don’t really care if we can’t bring ice into a theme park. They do t want change. They want to cause terror. They want to push others into a spot where the other side is perceived to be the bad guy.

On that front, we have certainly given them some wins.
exactly, not going is giving them the win.

Now it's a different story if you aren't going because you can no longer afford it, but not going because of.policy changes isnt a good idea, as that just send the message to those causing the issues that they are winning.

I understand it is a security issue. You can hide all sorts of things in ICE.

Unfortunately, I feel that "security" will be the excuse used to limit all sorts of things in the parks.

First it is ice, then they restrict the SIZE of coolers, then the restrict bottled beverages .. etc. etc. All in the name of "security" and making those security lines flow faster. (and they get the added benefit of just "forcing" people to buy drinks and water inside the parks).

Pretty soon you'll see WDW be like sporting events where you can only bring in a small CLEAR bag in -- because .. you know .. security.

"Security" has made us take steps backwards on so many fronts in our society.

It’s literally just ice and tank sized strollers. Tin foil hats aren’t a good look.

And I heard there are still those wagons being seen in the parks. People load those suckers with big coolers and a bunch o' crap. As if they plan to live in the park for a week.

And I heard there are still those wagons being seen in the parks. People load those suckers with big coolers and a bunch o' crap. As if they plan to live in the park for a week.
Yep seem 2 or 3 they all had the same yellow tag on them maybe they are letting some with disabilities use them for a short time

On our last visit, a gentleman was made to relinquish his 6 pack of Budweiser a few lanes over from us during bag check.

With 10’s of thousands of guests a day, you literally cannot even start to guess what some people try to sneak in. Bad taste is just the beginning..

I have gone to Disney many times and TBH, I have never seen anyone walking in with a cooler. Who would want to carry a cooler around an amusement park??? Maybe one of those soft insulated bags that have a strap but an actual cooler??? No thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!