• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Holiday discount

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for November and it took me over 50 minutes on hold.

Had a problem tho, CM said it was for "New reservations only and I told her no it wasn't ( the notice did not state that).
I told her when I made the reservation the CM told me to call back when the new discount comes out and they'll apply it.
It took another 20 minutes but I wad able to get my discount.

So when calling have patience and good luckpixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Out of curiosity..When you checked online for room availability was the room you already had booked available or no? Trying to gauge whether it is even worth it for me to call. Thanks!

It used to be that you had to cancel your existing reservation and then book a room with a special rate. Disney really puts out these specials when they need to fill rooms. If there are already rooms booked, it isn't effective to release a special. I almost wish they would go back to those days. The discounts were really good...much better than nowadays. But, now, they allow you to discount an existing reservation, which means that no new room was just booked. I mean, it's nice to get that discount, but I just don't see the reason for doing it...Disney is giving away money.

Out of curiosity..When you checked online for room availability was the room you already had booked available or no? Trying to gauge whether it is even worth it for me to call. Thanks!

I found the discount on FB and tried the link for disney.com/My trip to modify the reservation but I was having a internet issue. So I called.

I am wondering the same. I went to MDE and selected "change", but the discount was not available for our dates (Thanksgiving week). I went to the Disney resort page (Pop Century) and entered dates individually to see what was available. Only one day of the 6 that we'll be there has any availability for the discount, and it is a room type that we don't want. I'm trying to decide if I should put my morning plans on hold for the hassle of calling Disney...I'm not sure it's going to be worth it.

I noticed when I made my reservation I had to call ,because no rooms were showing for November or December, and I thought that was odd.
The CM was able to book it for me and said people were having issues with the web site. Same thing when applying the discount

I noticed when I made my reservation I had to call ,because no rooms were showing for November or December, and I thought that was odd.
The CM was able to book it for me and said people were having issues with the web site. Same thing when applying the discount
Thanks! I am feeling hopeful now. Off to call Disney.

just got off the phone after a over a 1 hour wait have a reservation CCV 1 bedroom dec 9 thru dec 14 had her check for discount no discount for me ,only studio and 2 bedroom available had her check for other resorts very very limited edited to add she also stated
no value or moderates available these were available when I called CCV, AKV, Saratoga and Boardwalk

Last edited:
Thank you for the info! I am at work and won't be able to call until after 5. I may just "let it go" as Elsa would sing. I am okay with the cost of my trip as is. I was just hoping maybe something would come up. I don't have the patience to wait on the phone for an hour just to be told there is nothing they can do. Oh well! Thanks again!

just got off the phone after a over a 1 hour wait have a reservation CCV 1 bedroom dec 9 thru dec 14 had her check for discount no discount for me ,only studio and 2 bedroom available had her check for other resorts very very limited
This gives me hope when I call after work. I talked to a woman on the chat who was telling me the hotel doesn't do the discount and I showed her the wording from this discount saying it did. Was a lot of back and forth without much progress.

I had to have her check room only when she input my info it pulled up as a package because I have tickets and dining and showed no availability she took off tickets and dining and it showed up Good Luck!

1 hr, 7 min, 23 seconds on hold. No discounts available at any of the Value Resorts Oct. 9-14, 2017.

I had to have her check room only when she input my info it pulled up as a package because I have tickets and dining and showed no availability she took off tickets and dining and it showed up Good Luck!
Did she say why it was showing up as a package even when it was room only that was selected?

I just got off the phone with Disney. The woman on the phone played around with our dates and resorts and still could not find any place that had the discount. She couldn't believe that nothing was available. She told me she was informed that it was a very limited amount of rooms, but even she couldn't believe they would sell out in one day.

Luckily, we booked our room already, we were just hoping to be able to apply the discount too. She just suggested that we keep calling and checking back to see if they add rooms to the special offer. Personally, I just hope its a technical issue, but that's probably not likely

I just got off the phone with Disney. The woman on the phone played around with our dates and resorts and still could not find any place that had the discount. She couldn't believe that nothing was available. She told me she was informed that it was a very limited amount of rooms, but even she couldn't believe they would sell out in one day.

Luckily, we booked our room already, we were just hoping to be able to apply the discount too. She just suggested that we keep calling and checking back to see if they add rooms to the special offer. Personally, I just hope its a technical issue, but that's probably not likely

When I called to have the discount added, I told the CM I did not want to change anything.
I wanted to keep the same dates, same resort /room and same 2 people on the reservation.
It took several minutes but the discount was finally applied.

When I called to have the discount added, I told the CM I did not want to change anything.
I wanted to keep the same dates, same resort /room and same 2 people on the reservation.
It took several minutes but the discount was finally applied.

Really? Do you mind if I ask when/where you will be staying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter