New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with an Epcot guest relations CM today and they said that one of the reasons ET is being suspended at Epcot is because of all the construction that's going to be happening with Ellen's. They did also bring up Minnie Vans -_-

AGREE 100% - I wonder how many of these "more guests" actually even used ET. I feel like if you were just pitched the idea + price (without actually using it), you probably wouldn't see the value.

I'm really disappointed in this. Trip to F&W with my sister this fall, we're both in our 60's and have hip issues. We bought parkhoppers so we could do Epcot at night and the other stuff during the day. My sister's first trip to the food and wine festival. We really were looking forward to not having to schlep ourselves out to the bus lines and go through security twice a day. For us the $29 price was worth it. The minnie vans don't prevent you from having to go through security every time you enter a park. Darn! We will have to rethink our very carefully planned trip. I've about lost my mind already trying to plan for dining, food and beverage seminars, and fast passes :crazy2:. I don't think my wedding was this complicated.

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed in this. Trip to F&W with my sister this fall, we're both in our 60's and have hip issues. We bought fastpasses so we could do Epcot at night and the other stuff during the day. My sister's first trip to the food and wine festival. We really were looking forward to not having to schlep ourselves out to the bus lines and go through security twice a day. For us the $29 price was worth it. The minnie vans don't prevent you from having to go through security every time you enter a park. Darn! We will have to rethink our very carefully planned trip. I've about lost my mind already trying to plan for dining, food and beverage seminars, and fast passes :crazy2:. I don't think my wedding was this complicated.

I'm totally with you. And the problem is "bigger" than ET ending with no notice... it's that planning WDW takes 6 months! I wouldn't expect WDW to give 180 days notice for any changes that might occur, so there really is no solution to this problem (unless they dramatically shortened the ADR and FP+ windows, which I would love).

But one question... what do you mean you "bought fastpasses"? I hear this a lot from colleagues that go to WDW, however, every WDW ticket includes fastpasses (free of charge).

I finally heard back from Disney regarding my complaint email. Same basic info as everyone else has been hearing. The CM apologized that it was such sort notice and explained that just not enough guests used it so it wasn't profitable enough for them. She hoped they come up with something else in the future or even that express transport would return but didn't know anything about that.

I had mentioned in my email about other frustrations with things changing for my trip, rides closing, short hours, etc, and specifically called out Jawas being removed from Launch Bay. She admitted she was a Star Wars novice and had no idea what they were so I explained and said they used to trade with kids in the launch bay-got a lot of laughs out of her. We then connected because we are both the older sister (I had mentioned in the email that this was a trip for me and my sister), and she ended up getting me anytime FPs for 4 of our days (just can't be used in Pandora or Frozen). So, I'm still annoyed but less so...

I finally heard back from Disney regarding my complaint email. Same basic info as everyone else has been hearing. The CM apologized that it was such sort notice and explained that just not enough guests used it so it wasn't profitable enough for them. She hoped they come up with something else in the future or even that express transport would return but didn't know anything about that.

I had mentioned in my email about other frustrations with things changing for my trip, rides closing, short hours, etc, and specifically called out Jawas being removed from Launch Bay. She admitted she was a Star Wars novice and had no idea what they were so I explained and said they used to trade with kids in the launch bay-got a lot of laughs out of her. We then connected because we are both the older sister (I had mentioned in the email that this was a trip for me and my sister), and she ended up getting me anytime FPs for 4 of our days (just can't be used in Pandora or Frozen). So, I'm still annoyed but less so...

Are Jawas gone too?!!! I actually bought something to trade with them!!!! :-@

I got a call back re: my email (even though I didn't include a contact # and it's not the email in my MDE) from Gary in Guest Experience Services.
I missed the call but the voicemail said they were calling about my disappointment with the service ending and Gary invited me to call back to discuss any comments or concerns I had and told me he'd sent an email as well.

The email arrived about an hour later. It appears to be the exact same email my brother received from another CM though I haven't doublechecked to see if it's actually identical.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the recently announced changes to our transportation offerings.

We continually evaluate and adjust our offerings based on a variety of factors, including feedback from our Guests. We have found that while Guests who used Express Transportation enjoyed the convenience, more Guests preferred other forms of transportation.

We have recently started offering Minnie Van service through a collaboration with rideshare service, Lyft. With Minnie Van service, Disney Cast Members will whisk you away to wherever you want to be at the Walt Disney World Resort . This service accommodates up to six guests and provides two versatile car seats so even the tiniest of passengers can travel in style! Additionally, we are eagerly preparing for the Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird's-eye view of the Walt Disney World Resort as they travel between Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and the International Gateway at Epcot in gondolas featuring favorite Disney Characters. These new services, in conjunction with our existing transportation offerings, will continue to provide our Guests with a variety of ways to travel between our Theme Parks and Resorts.

Our Guests’ feedback is important to us, and you may be assured your comments have been thoroughly reviewed.

Best Regards,
Gary Nettles
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
I haven't called back yet or responded to the email.

I found it very odd they would take this opportunity to promote the gondolas that don't exist yet and won't for years and the Minnie Vans which aren't even available to all resort guests. Non-existent transportation certainly doesn't replace Express Transportation and even if the gondolas WERE already running they aren't even remotely similar to what I told them I was disappointed to lose.

And while Minnie Vans do at least currently exist who knows if I'll be eligible to use it on my upcoming trip and they also don't do the same things that Express did.

And that "more guests preferred other modes of transportation" line really bugs me. Sure! And more guests eat at quick service than table service! More guests stay at Values than Deluxe! More guests use the buses than the monorail! More guests utilize regular park hours than EMH or EMM or hard ticket parties! Just...not the best argument. At all.
I knew they would push Minnie vans. They have been pushing the gondolas in various places.

I'm really disappointed in this. Trip to F&W with my sister this fall, we're both in our 60's and have hip issues. We bought fastpasses so we could do Epcot at night and the other stuff during the day. My sister's first trip to the food and wine festival. We really were looking forward to not having to schlep ourselves out to the bus lines and go through security twice a day. For us the $29 price was worth it. The minnie vans don't prevent you from having to go through security every time you enter a park. Darn! We will have to rethink our very carefully planned trip. I've about lost my mind already trying to plan for dining, food and beverage seminars, and fast passes :crazy2:. I don't think my wedding was this complicated.

Sounds like we're in the same boat - I totally feel your anxiety! My sister and I are going together for food & wine (in our 30s and 40s). She's only been to WDW once before, 8 years ago, and never to Food & Wine. I go more often, so I've tasked myself with planning a great trip for us. We want to enjoy as much food & wine fest as possible, but still want to do things at all the parks, so my schedule is pretty heavy on hopping around...I was counting on Express to make that much easier.

Now I'm revisiting our itinerary to see if I can cut down on hopping, but we have to choose our fastpasses very soon, so I'm feeling the pressure.

I hope you have a great trip!

I found it very odd they would take this opportunity to promote the gondolas that don't exist yet and won't for years and the Minnie Vans which aren't even available to all resort guests. Non-existent transportation certainly doesn't replace Express Transportation and even if the gondolas WERE already running they aren't even remotely similar to what I told them I was disappointed to lose.
Indeed. Totally baffling. Aren't the gondolas scheduled for 2019? Like 2 years from now?

I guess they can't come out and say: "we are losing money on this and are trying to figure out how to make money off it instead."

But one question... what do you mean you "bought fastpasses"? I hear this a lot from colleagues that go to WDW, however, every WDW ticket includes fastpasses (free of charge).[/QUOTE]

My mistake, I meant park hoppers. Sorry for that.

At least this CM was honest about it not being profitable enough. It is a business after all. Nice bit of good will giving you the extra anytime fastpasses!

Why does this thread keep jumping back to gondolas? They have nothing to do with the express transportation option. :confused3 .. just reread some of the posts, I get it.

Sounds like we're in the same boat - I totally feel your anxiety! My sister and I are going together for food & wine (in our 30s and 40s). She's only been to WDW once before, 8 years ago, and never to Food & Wine. I go more often, so I've tasked myself with planning a great trip for us. We want to enjoy as much food & wine fest as possible, but still want to do things at all the parks, so my schedule is pretty heavy on hopping around...I was counting on Express to make that much easier.

Now I'm revisiting our itinerary to see if I can cut down on hopping, but we have to choose our fastpasses very soon, so I'm feeling the pressure.

I hope you have a great trip!
Yep!! me too!!! Not with my sister but with my daughter for Food and Wine. But since she is a teacher and time is limited we planned to hop and utilize the Express bus. Now we may change it up a bit especially how much we HATE the whole bus set up at Epcot!!!! why do you have to walk 2 miles to get to the bus stops!!! it's just ridiculous how it's set up!
Also..... If they can get a better handle on the horrible lines for security..... that would make a difference too!!

For those who sent a message to Guest Communications regarding the discontinuation of ET, how long was the time between when you sent the message, till you received a "personalized" response?

If you sent a message, but have not yet received a response, how long have you been waiting for a reply (other than the message stating that the inquiry is being forwarded to another department)?

I love how they are push the Gondolas that aren't even built
Pfffftttt...you all can keep your imaginary gondolas to get around. I'm going to take the imaginary hyperloop train that I dreamed up in my head yesterday to replace the monorail -- it's much faster (or at least I imagine it is). Hypothetically, however, if I go get in line for the gondolas now, do we know if they'll be set up like the resort bus stops? It's gonna be a long wait and I don't want to lose my place in line if I sit for awhile on the benches.

Back to the topic at hand - the Express service has provided a unique transportation option that: (a) goes park-to-park; and (b) allows guests to save time by skipping security lines. There are numerous alternatives (free and pay, existing and planned) if you're only looking at the first part. It's the second part, however, that has made Express attractive for many people. Until there's an alternative that includes that part, it's an apples to oranges comparison with all these other services. Fingers still crossed that Express comes back (or a similar service) at peak times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!