Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Dpz1rhsXoAIAgCP.jpg

IMG_7013 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Nature Inspired Mixed Use Resort

Will open in 2022

More than 900 hotel rooms and DVC villas

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...d-mixed-use-resort-on-bay-lake-300733846.html

"Walt Disney World is in the midst of our most significant expansion in the last two decades and the combined 1,700 new hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas we are building at four different resorts will create thousands of new construction and permanent jobs and will drive economic opportunity and incremental revenue for Central Florida," said George A. Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort. "We continue to add new attractions, new lands — and these beautiful accommodations will be right in the heart of all that magic."

The soon-to-be named resort is slated to be Disney's 16th Disney Vacation Club property and it will continue to build on the value and flexibility of a Disney Vacation Club membership.

"This resort experience will be a celebration of Walt Disney's lifelong love and respect for nature, with some fun and even surprising accommodation types that families will find irresistible," said Terri Schultz, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club. "It will give our members and guests yet another opportunity to stay in close proximity to all the newest attractions and experiences in our theme parks, and with the flexibility, value and world-class service families expect from Disney."

Last edited:

Blah. I'm glad we are going to Fort Wilderness in January. We won't be back until this construction finishes, which was mostly the plan anyway, but we may not be back anyway if this really impinges on The Fort. Have to wait and see.
Only impact so far we know of is Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

Only impact so far we know of is Mickey's Backyard BBQ.
I know. I don't care about that. I care about the ambiance of The Fort. The quiet neighborhood. The little boats. The nature. Putting a massive resort next door is what has me concerned. I'm not making ultimatums or frothing at the mouth. In the end, this may not be a big deal. But during construction? Not going. After its all built I'll evaluate if going to WDW is still worth it to me and my family. A lot will change in those 3 years. The value proposition for me and my family may change. Or maybe not.

Another DVC Resort at WDW...We need more DVC at Disneyland. Not at WDW (even if it is overcrowded at WDW as well). This will put 3 DVC Resorts very close to each other even if 2 of those DVC Resorts are apart of the same resort.
Space is the biggest issue as well as Disneyland being a locals park. No need for 20 DVC resorts there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!