New DVC Reservation made: but points taken from 'wrong' year?

Hamm&Eggz

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

To make a long story as short as possible:

- My old reservations for April and May were cancelled due to COVID, and all points were refunded under "2019" in the dashboard

- I also have untouched points under "2020"

- I just made a reservation for November 2020, but the points were taken from "2020" instead of my refunded "2019" points

- by my understanding of their COVID refund policy, my refunded "2019" points should still be valid one year after they were originally set to expire (use cycle: June), so the reservation points should be taken from this refund pool

Of course the DVC chat function is turned off, and the phone lines are busy so I've sent an email asking the same.

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or am I interpreting their policy incorrectly?

Thank you!

The points that are being given late banking have not yet been moved and wont be available for use until that happens,

For April and June UYs, they indicated it should happen around June 5th. We do not yet know when it will be done for the other UYs.

Assuming you did not borrow any points to do this, once the points are actually moved and are in your 2020 UY, you should be able to simply modify the reservation and rebook without changing anything and it will take the points.

Keep an eye on your dashboard for the change...or keep trying Ms to get a more accurate date they will be moved.

I'd keep trying to call member services.... I booked once and the points were unknowingly pulled from current use year instead of the banked points..... I found out after I called member services about a different issue and while they were looking at my reservation the cast member noticed it and said he'd re-do it so they pulled from the banked points.

Thanks for your reply!

Would you be able to point to any official DVC link that outlines banked points moving on June 5th? I also have a few points banked from 2018 in are returned to that "2019" pool-- i thought these had another 6 months shelflife, but there's obviously some fine print somewhere that I missed.

The points that are being given late banking have not yet been moved and wont be available for use until that happens,

For April and June UYs, they indicated it should happen around June 5th. We do not yet know when it will be done for the other UYs.

Assuming you did not borrow any points to do this, once the points are actually moved and are in your 2020 UY, you should be able to simply modify the reservation and rebook without changing anything and it will take the points.

Keep an eye on your dashboard for the change...or keep trying Ms to get a more accurate date they will be moved.

I hope you're right-- I finally got a ring tone through MS and have hunkered down for a 90 minute wait time!

I'd keep trying to call member services.... I booked once and the points were unknowingly pulled from current use year instead of the banked points..... I found out after I called member services about a different issue and while they were looking at my reservation the cast member noticed it and said he'd re-do it so they pulled from the banked points.

I hope you're right-- I finally got a ring tone through MS and have hunkered down for a 90 minute wait time!

Let us know what they tell you on when they will be moved.,,or if you get a CM to move them today.

Thanks for your reply!

Would you be able to point to any official DVC link that outlines banked points moving on June 5th? I also have a few points banked from 2018 in are returned to that "2019" pool-- i thought these had another 6 months shelflife, but there's obviously some fine print somewhere that I missed.

The policy doesn’t state the detail, We only have the word of people here who have reported what they were told,

The 2018 points are a different story so definitely. Report back on those as we have been told they must Be used for new reservations, only by calling, and won’t be available until after they expire

You didn’t mention your UY but I assume June?

Yes, my use year is June.

So given this information, no one with UY June has 'successfully' use their refunded/banked points by booking online...? Given that the new policy note was sent out a month ago, one would think that the system would have been tuned accordingly at this point. Ah well, first world problems! :-)

The policy doesn’t state the detail, We only have the word of people here who have reported what they were told,

The 2018 points are a different story so definitely. Report back on those as we have been told they must Be used for new reservations, only by calling, and won’t be available until after they expire

You didn’t mention your UY but I assume June?

Yes, my use year is June.

So given this information, no one with UY June has 'successfully' use their refunded/banked points by booking online...? Given that the new policy note was sent out a month ago, one would think that the system would have been tuned accordingly at this point. Ah well, first world problems! :-)

Correct, They said it had to be done manually...with the furloughed employees, staff was reduced,

To me, it sounded like they knew it would take a bit and wanted it all to be done at the same time so no owner in the same situation got an extra booking advantage because their points went back sooner.

Good luck with your wait!

Hi all,
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

To make a long story as short as possible:

- My old reservations for April and May were cancelled due to COVID, and all points were refunded under "2019" in the dashboard

- I also have untouched points under "2020"

- I just made a reservation for November 2020, but the points were taken from "2020" instead of my refunded "2019" points

- by my understanding of their COVID refund policy, my refunded "2019" points should still be valid one year after they were originally set to expire (use cycle: June), so the reservation points should be taken from this refund pool

Of course the DVC chat function is turned off, and the phone lines are busy so I've sent an email asking the same.

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or am I interpreting their policy incorrectly?

Thank you!

As Sandi stated, the 2019 points still have to be banked to be eligible to be used for reservations in your 2020 UY. You might be able to get that done with a call but may have to wait.
The 2018 point extensions seem to be completely at the mercy of whenever they get that done.

Okay, just had a pleasant chat with a CM:

- on June 5th, refunded points "should" automatically be put into your 2020 use year
- however, for any bookings made before June 5th, you must *call* MS (no email, no chat) to reallocate those refunded points to your booking.

Let me know if this is in-line with info received by others, and hopefully this info can help others as well.

Thanks!

- on June 5th, refunded points "should" automatically be put into your 2020 use year
- however, for any bookings made before June 5th, you must *call* MS (no email, no chat) to reallocate those refunded points to your booking.

Let me know if this is in-line with info received by others, and hopefully this info can help others as well.

Thanks!

Will they reallocate the 2018 or just the 2019 points that have been extended? People have been told the 2018 will not be good for previously booked reservations.

Will they reallocate the 2018 or just the 2019 points that have been extended? People have been told the 2018 will not be good for previously booked reservations.

Darn. Sorry, I completely forgot to ask about the banked points situation. I was so excited to finally get through after a 100 minute wait that I fumbled my membership number a few times!

Thanks!

We have a June UY, and we should actually be at Disney right now before the cancellations.

I was told by a CM a week or so ago via chat that my June 2019 points would be banked into my June 2020 UY "by June 5th", but it could happen anytime during the week of June 1-5. Currently, they are still showing as June 2019 current points.

Darn. Sorry, I completely forgot to ask about the banked points situation. I was so excited to finally get through after a 100 minute wait that I fumbled my membership number a few times!

No worries! June 5th is a week away so that is when the first of the 2018 points should be there and I think we will have confirmation then from people.

100 minutes...you earned a nightcap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!