New DVC preview center in Chicago

INteresting...

Usually, when they build a preview center, it's for a timeshare to use close by....

Speculating....

Goldi

Interesting. Obviously a target-rich environment for DVC salesmen, and if you were going to put something in a major urban center, Chicago would be the place.

IIIIIIIIIIIII don't like it. It's giong down paths that timesharing has tread before. For WDW as a whole its a good idea.

We frequent the mall it will be in regularly...it is a huge regional mall that draws people from neighboring states. Lots of corporate hotels nearby, too, so like and not there will be plenty of business travel folks wandering around that mall in their evening hours.

Of course, they tried putting a Disney Quest here, too. :-(

Of course, they tried putting a Disney Quest here, too. :-(
The DisneyQuest was in Chicago, just off the Magnificant Mile (Michigan Avenue). It was an inconvenient location for suburban families, and parking rate was over $20 for a day.

If the DisneyQuest had been in Schaumburg, it would probably have been more successful. But, in the end, DisneyQuest was doomed in any case when Disney decided not to expand to additional cities. That meant that the two existing locations could not carry the considerable development costs of new attractions to keep DisneyQuest fresh. The Chicago location closed and the Downtown Disney location is stagnating.

Sorry. I'm know I've gone off-topic here.

Back to the DVC sales center in Schaumburg... Disney might be in for a rude surprise when they discover that typical suburbanites in Illinois are not as pre-sold as typical guests at WDW in Florida and DLR in California.

Back to the DVC sales center in Schaumburg... Disney might be in for a rude surprise when they discover that typical suburbanites in Illinois are not as pre-sold as typical guests at WDW in Florida and DLR in California.
And prospective buyers might be in for a rude surprise when they find out the Guides are not as low-key as the ones at WDW in Florida and DLR in California. :rotfl:

Sorry Horace...couldn't resist. Figured you might be a Cubs fan. :woohoo:

Thanks for the heads up. Now I know where to go to get a quick Disney fix.

I don't know if we're any less pre-sold than other markets, but we're cold, we have somewhat limited access to parks and recreational facilities (at least compared to those who lives near mountains, forests or seashores), we are conveniently located near airport transportation and there's lots of us, so it seems like a pretty good match.

I may have just convinced myself to buy another add on . . .

Very interesting article. Are we up to 300,000 members already? Wow!

Not sure I like the idea of spreading out like this. It sounds like it might become like any other timeshare. I like it to remain special and exclusive to WDW areas. (If that made any sense:confused: )

Very interesting article. Are we up to 300,000 members already? Wow!

Not sure I like the idea of spreading out like this. It sounds like it might become like any other timeshare. I like it to remain special and exclusive to WDW areas. (If that made any sense:confused: )

The 300,000 number can't be right. I think it is more like 110,000 ~ ish.

I thought the most interesting piece is the purported attempt to directly tie-in to the Year of A Million Dreams promotion. Wonder how successful that will be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter