Disney’s Old Key West Resort. $151. $156. +$5
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. $220 $235. +$15
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. $151. $160. +$9
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. $100. $100. $0
Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. $235. $260 +$25
Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. $220. $245 +$25

https://www.**********.com/2019-dvc-direct-price-increases/amp/

Last edited:
Looks like one of the resale companies (*********) posted the rumored price increases:

ResortCurrent Direct PricePrice Effective 1/16/19
Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas. $182. $188 +$6
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. $191 $225. +$34
Boulder Ridge Villas (VWL) $171. $176. +$5
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins. $182. $188 +$6
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas $171. $176 +$5
Disney’s Beach Club Villas. $185. $225 +$40
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas. $171 $190 +$19
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort $121. $121. $0
Disney’s Old Key West Resort. $151. $156. +$5
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. $220 $235. +$15
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. $151. $160. +$9
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. $100. $100. $0
Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. $235. $260 +$25
Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. $220. $245 +$2

https://www.**********.com/2019-dvc-direct-price-increases/amp/

My guide told me $220 for BLT and since that was the one I wanted, it kind of pisses me off even more if he misspoke. The rest looks to be what was expected.

Saw the price increases as well. I think they are absurd. Bought both of mine by resale. Paid 1/3 the cost for a loaded SSR contract 8 years ago and 1/2 the cost for a loaded AKV contract 2 years ago. I can only imagine what they will charge for the new resorts.

I got one loaded SSR contract 2 years ago with banked points for 74 a point! Rented banked points bringing it back down to 63 with all points.
Same thing now $100 more direct? Crazy.

Just talked to my guide. The price increase is in fact confirmed. It is so weird and shady that they did not announce this in advance. What were they thinking they would lose by not announcing it?

Just talked to my guide. The price increase is in fact confirmed. It is so weird and shady that they did not announce this in advance. What were they thinking they would lose by not announcing it?

$$$ They want people on the WL to pay the new price, and there’s a good chance they will. There are not really a whole lot of things that I feel the need to own so badly that I will let a corporation take me to the cleaners. I’ll just hang on to what I have for now, possibly forever.

Last edited:
$$$ They want people on the WL to pay the new price, and there’s a good chance they will. There not really a whole lot of things that I feel the need to own so badly that I will let a corporation take me to the cleaners. I’ll just hang on to what I have for now, possibly forever.

Yeah. As I said to the guide, 70% of people paying the new price is probably better than 100% at the old price. The sneaky way of doing it just feels icky when it doesn't need to though.

Oof, the Beach Club increase really jumps out at me. Not that it's not in line with some of the other increases on price alone, but that Disney has brought the pricing of a 2042 resort up almost to the level of 2064/2066 (VGF/Poly) resorts. Over the remaining life of the points, that makes BCV at $9.78/pt/year almost TWICE as expensive as VGF at $5.44/pt/year

Oof, the Beach Club increase really jumps out at me. Not that it's not in line with some of the other increases on price alone, but that Disney has brought the pricing of a 2042 resort up almost to the level of 2064/2066 (VGF/Poly) resorts. Over the remaining life of the points, that makes BCV at $9.78/pt/year almost TWICE as expensive as VGF at $5.44/pt/year

That's outrageous. Which means sales will probably accelerate..

This is so strange that they aren't making any kind of announcement about the new prices.

I know. I am still trying to get my head around it myself. The fact that this was done below the table like this makes it harder to trust them on issues like the 2020 points change. I would like to think that they are a trustworthy company, but then why wouldn't they give their owners a heads up that something like this was going to happen?

Or if the 2020 charts really were in the best interest of the owners, why not discuss their reasoning at the condo association meeting?

They are within their rights to both change the points (most likely), and to raise prices, but by keeping so secretive about it is acts to erode the trust in them that they seem to want people to have.

I know. I am still trying to get my head around it myself. The fact that this was done below the table like this makes it harder to trust them on issues like the 2020 points change. I would like to think that they are a trustworthy company, but then why wouldn't they give their owners a heads up that something like this was going to happen?

Or if the 2020 charts really were in the best interest of the owners, why not discuss their reasoning at the condo association meeting?

They are within their rights to both change the points (most likely), and to raise prices, but by keeping so secretive about it is acts to erode the trust in them that they seem to want people to have.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there. No justification for reallocation, no “official” notice of price changes, large increases in ticket prices, and no big discounts for AP’s all just make Disney seem sleezy. It’s like they’re just trying to tick everyone off with a simple shrug of the shoulders as compensation. This is typical corporate baloney which Disney was supposed to at least pretend to be different. I think it’s pretty clear how things will go under this new management.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there. No justification for reallocation, no “official” notice of price changes, large increases in ticket prices, and no big discounts for AP’s all just make Disney seem sleezy. It’s like they’re just trying to tick everyone off with a simple shrug of the shoulders as compensation. This is typical corporate baloney which Disney was supposed to at least pretend to be different. I think it’s pretty clear how things will go under this new management.
It's nothing a little purple passion merch can't cure, eh?

They raise prices frequently enough that it really isn't a surprising thing though, is it? Price increases happen all over with little or no advance warning. Of all the things they have done recently this doesn't really hit my radar beyond being amazed at what some of the prices have gone to. Just trying to figure out what they have in mind. And feeling badly for those who want VGC, VGF, BCV and BLT and are convinced they have to buy direct vs resale.

I am surprised to see OKW priced below SSR and AKV on par with BRV. My VGF points from 2013 are now $22,400 more! If only my retirement plan had a 65% increase in 5 years!

They raise prices frequently enough that it really isn't a surprising thing though, is it? Price increases happen all over with little or no advance warning. Of all the things they have done recently this doesn't really hit my radar beyond being amazed at what some of the prices have gone to. Just trying to figure out what they have in mind. And feeling badly for those who want VGC, VGF, BCV and BLT and are convinced they have to buy direct vs resale.

Last year's price increase came with a month's notice, though. They still were able to sell plenty after it. They gave 2-3 weeks notice when they raised the direct buy-in minimum to 75 points. There may have been some gamesmanship there in getting people to add on 50 wherever they could to get in cheaper, but at least they let you know it was coming.
They do not owe us any explanation or warning for these sorts of things, and it really doesn't impact me much as I would only add on via resale anyway, but it's just another drop in the bucket. If this were done alone, I probably wouldn't have even noticed, but added on to everything else over the past two months, it makes it look like they are headed in another, less friendly direction.

Last year's price increase came with a month's notice, though. They still were able to sell plenty after it. They gave 2-3 weeks notice when they raised the direct buy-in minimum to 75 points. There may have been some gamesmanship there in getting people to add on 50 wherever they could to get in cheaper, but at least they let you know it was coming.
They do not owe us any explanation or warning for these sorts of things, and it really doesn't impact me much as I would only add on via resale anyway, but it's just another drop in the bucket. If this were done alone, I probably wouldn't have even noticed, but added on to everything else over the past two months, it makes it look like they are headed in another, less friendly direction.

The other thing that’s weird is from what people are saying on here it seems like the guides didn’t even really try very hard to sell people points before the increase hit. Last year when I called before the 75 point minimum hit, it seemed like the guide tried to create a sense of urgency to get me into something even if it wasn’t what I wanted.

Last edited:
The other thing that’s weird is from what people are saying on here it seems like the guides didn’t even really try very hard to sell people points before the increase hit. Last year when I called before the 75 point minimum hit, it seemed like the guide had a sense of urgency to get me into something.

They were definitely selling contracts these last couple of weeks.

They bought back a ton of contracts in December and my guide had the date of the price increase on his voicemail greeting. He put me on 3 waitlist and 1 came through on Monday (but it was my last choice and I didn't take it).

I first saw it rumored here on January 5th... but nobody was really talking about it. It got buried by all the Riviera restrictions news.

They were definitely selling contracts these last couple of weeks.

They bought back a ton of contracts in December and my guide had the date of the price increase on his voicemail greeting. He put me on 3 waitlist and 1 came through on Monday (but it was my last choice and I didn't take it).

I first saw it rumored here on January 5th... but nobody was really talking about it. It got buried by all the Riviera restrictions news.

I thought I even heard of it back in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts