New DVC 101 Episode from the DIS Unplugged!

You can buy at the "sold out" DVC resorts. When you talk to a DVC advisor you can request those resorts and they can put you on a wait list and when those points come up you can purchase. We bought Saratoga Springs last year at 151 a point and we waited about a day for them to find us 75 points.

Random question, is this YouTube only, or will it be added to the podcast feed?

As we are currently in our first FROR for AKV I will definitely be catching up on as much DVC info as y’all can dish out!
Had to look up FROR. I'd always heard it as ROFR = Right Of First Refusal. Disney has the right to buy the property for sale at the proposed price. So the seller makes the sale. The buyer doesn't lose anything but walks away empty handed. I presume this will all be covered in DVC 102.

Last edited:
Had to look up FROR. I'd always heard it as ROFR = Right Of First Refusal. Disney has the right to buy the property for sale at the proposed price. So the seller makes the sale. The buyer doesn't lose anything but walks away empty handed. I presume this will all be covered in DVC 102.

Ahhh you are correct, I did botch that one didn’t I? :-) our contract is now with Disney in the ROFR process. And yep, your description is what I know about the process as well but hopefully DVC 102 will go in depth!

Ahhh you are correct, I did botch that one didn’t I? :-) our contract is now with Disney in the ROFR process. And yep, your description is what I know about the process as well but hopefully DVC 102 will go in depth!
I knew what you meant, and I didn't even know what it was. So thank you both. I was ej-a-ma-cated!

Pete posted on Instagram yesterday that he "took the plunge" and got in on DVC! You could see it on his face during the 101 Episode that it was only a matter of time, he got so excited.

Copper Creek! Congrats Pete!! Can't wait to hear all about your booking/signing up experience during the next episode :jester:

Pete posted on Instagram yesterday that he "took the plunge" and got in on DVC! You could see it on his face during the 101 Episode that it was only a matter of time, he got so excited.

Copper Creek! Congrats Pete!! Can't wait to hear all about your booking/signing up experience during the next episode :jester:

I was thinking that this episode could be one I skip just as we are not in position to buy into DVC currently (or likely ever) .... but now having seen Pete buy in so soon after this episode aired I kinda want to see what was so convincing or just see Pete’s take/reaction to everything on it

I'm looking forward to watching this. Been a member since 1995 and its really been a great deal. Now that I live here in central FL I hardly ever use my points for WDW but I do need them for Aulani!

Great show! We have been DVC members for about 7 years now and it has been great! If you buy, be careful - you’ll want to buy more! Started with AKL and now own at 4 resorts. Not cheap, but magical!

Looking forward to hearing more. This series makes me want to go back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!