New DuckTales

I was going to skip it but the comments on here are making me change my mind. I'll give it a shot. I loved the original series and I have the DVD collection for DuckTales and DarkWing Duck. I just can't stand the way it's animated.
I don't like the voices or the way it's animated.

The new animation style grows on you.... we’ve also got a tale spin and gummy bears nod this season

The new animation style grows on you.... we’ve also got a tale spin and gummy bears nod this season

I used to watch the Disney Afternoon and I got hooked on Gummi Bears, Tale Spin, Rescue Rangers and DarkWing Duck.

We just caught up on it. I actually really like the art style for the most part (it makes me think of Mike Mignola, which fits for the spooky adventure stories. Not...so much for the regular ones).

I think I've only really got two...wait, sorry, three complaints

1. With the addition of actual ongoing stories (ie: Della Duck and Magica's Revenge, or even to a lesser extent, Gizmoduck), I find the filler episodes to be really tedious, and often not as funny as they're trying to be. I'd actually kind of rather it be an adventure story with funny moments, because I think that's when it's strongest.

2. Their cameos tend to be kind of...mean-spirited or lackluster? Doofus Drake comes to mind. Also, he highlights something a friend of mine pointed out with Glomgold--Disney has a real problem with fat characters in their cartoons. They're always either evil or stupid (or both). Also, Don Karnage was...kind of weak? Ah well.

3. MOAR DONALD. I really liked in the first episode how it seemed like he would get to be in the show more, because I like the old Donald Duck comics. I love when he's in the show, but it feels like they really could use him more.

That said, overall I'm really enjoying the show, and obviously, I am really looking forward to Jose and Panchito coming in next season. (I'm really hoping they'll be Donald's old adventuring companions who love him and think he's amazing and actually notice what a good parent he is to the boys, much to everyone else's chagrin.)

I enjoyed the episode of Skypirates though Jim Cummings didn’t force Karnage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter