New Doubletree Guest Suites

cinderlexa's mom

Happily addicted to WDW
Anyone been here? Just opened. I'm looking for room pictures and a detailed review. It seems room pictures are not yet on the net.

Also, if you've stayed here (not to be confused with the highrise older Doubletree in Anaheim) do you think it's worth it considering the distance to the parks? TIA!!!:thumbsup2

Right now we're booked at the Grand Californian--but we might just have to switch...new Doubletree looks plush...at 1/2 the price!;)

I think this is where we are going to stay in June. I have 2 teenage DS's and they definitely need separate beds. Our rate will $149 or $119 if we prepay.

I am wondering about pictures also. It does seem quite nice, though. We will be without a car for a day and a half while my husband does some business but the free dedicated shuttle will be fine for us. I don't necessarily need to stay across the street from DL.

Anyone have a review?

Yeah. Thanks! Those pictures are great of the common areas.

Anyone have pictures of the rooms?

Any reviews from Disers?

Is this the new hotel at the corner of orangewood and harbor? We stayed at dolphins cove in january and they were still building the double tree(if it is the same one.) It was during the labor strikes, so some were working and others not. It isnt that far from the park IMO. We always do the ART passes. but we have walked in the past. 15-20 min walk. not bad in the morning, but terrible in the evening. after a day of walking, not fun. bakers square is right near there. good food.

Beware of excess fees at this hotel!!
I was going to book online, I found a great rate of $104 a night (for a state employee) and 62.00 in tax, the total for four nights was 478...sounds good, and at the bottom of the page in a little highlighted box it said :Grand Total $506...so I called and they said they charge a Resort Assesment Fee of $6.90 a NIGHT. So 28 extra dollars into my trip, and then, not even listed in the 506 price was 11 A NIGHT for parking! So my great rate of 104 a night just became 137 a night!!! Needless to say, I didn't book it..... :sad2:

I decided not forego this hotel. I found the Embassy Suites at Buena Park for $129 which included FREE parking (what a concept), cooked to order breakfast and manager's snacky reception. We will have a 2 room suite w/ 2 beds and a sleeper. It's about 6 miles from the parks but they do have a free shuttle (not ART) for the 2 mornings my husband will have the car for business. To top it off, we have enough HiltonHonors points for a free night. :) I think this will be the best choice for us.

I keep deleted the old signature but it never goes away!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter