New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Since I don't have an AP, and I haven't yet bought my tickets for September 2020, does that mean I'm out of luck as far as this theme park reservation system goes? I do have DVC room reservations for that time. I just hadn't gotten around to getting tickets yet.

Hi!
My annual pass expires in the beginning of August but we ended up booking a stay in the beginning of September. I know they are suppose to extend the passes for the amount of days closed. My question is will I be able to reserve the theme park reservation? Thanks

My gut says yes and I hope I am correct!

Since I don't have an AP, and I haven't yet bought my tickets for September 2020, does that mean I'm out of luck as far as this theme park reservation system goes? I do have DVC room reservations for that time. I just hadn't gotten around to getting tickets yet.
I don’t have tickets linked to my name (I think maybe 2 people in my traveling party do) and I got an email this morning that told me “because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to guests”. Go figure that one.

I keep seeing people post about e-mails that they have gotten today regarding the new system if they have a future reservation booked. Has any DVC stay gotten these? We have a trip booked starting July 18th and are APs; I did not get any e-mail and was wondering if they aren't sending them to DVC member stays.

I keep seeing people post about e-mails that they have gotten today regarding the new system if they have a future reservation booked. Has any DVC stay gotten these? We have a trip booked starting July 18th and are APs; I did not get any e-mail and was wondering if they aren't sending them to DVC member stays.
we rented Dvc , not owners, I am the lead on our reservation and did not get the email but my daughter is linked to me and did get the email. 🧐 September booking.

I got the email around noon eastern for a late-July DVC points stay

We are DVC members with September booking on points. I received the email this morning.

Hmmm...The San Antonio Zoo re-opened today, with limited capacity, social distancing and masks suggested but not required. You have to reserve an entry date AND time on their website. Maybe it will be similar with DIsney, trying to spread it out so there is no crowded long queue at the park entrances.

Last edited:
Sounds like AP will have limitations on the number of theme park reservations they are have at one time. This info is starting to leak online through a couple sources. As a DVC with an unactivated AP this doesn't make me happy since I normally stay for 8 or 9 nights at a time.

I don’t have tickets linked to my name (I think maybe 2 people in my traveling party do) and I got an email this morning that told me “because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to guests”. Go figure that one.

I also got that same Email a couple hours ago. Now I’m really confused.

Sounds like AP will have limitations on the number of theme park reservations they are have at one time. This info is starting to leak online through a couple sources. As a DVC with an unactivated AP this doesn't make me happy since I normally stay for 8 or 9 nights at a time.

I posted the link in another thread, I think the AP limits will apply for holders who do not have reservations in place.

Its like AP holders can book FP 60 days Ahead when they are staying onsite, but not when they are not,

I think this is prevent someone who is local locking in several days over months and months so they can decide later.

Just got my 2nd email from Disney today. 1st one for for my DVC stay and now this one was the cash stay portion which used to have free dining. As a family of 5 free DDP was worth WAY more than this 35% the hotel stay...

I just updated the other thread but my TA friend said that they are not sure that everyone will be guaranteed a park day for their trip and that if one doesn’t get it, they will refund thst part of ticket,

Also, for right now, no park hopping and refunds will be given for that,

She deals with cash guests so not sure if DVC reservations will get better access or not.

Does anyone know when they will update the AP for the days the park was closed?

I posted the link in another thread, I think the AP limits will apply for holders who do not have reservations in place.

Its like AP holders can book FP 60 days Ahead when they are staying onsite, but not when they are not,

I think this is prevent someone who is local locking in several days over months and months so they can decide later.

I agree with this about differentiating between AP holder non-resort guests and AP holder resort guests. They have to make sure AP holders who aren’t staying onsite don’t take up too many spots which preclude onsite guests from entering the parks. Why would you pay to stay at a WDW resort and not get into the parks?!?

I got the AP email this morning. It sounds like they don’t want AP holders just hanging onto too many days at a time. I’m sure if you have a resort reservation, you have a particular limit on the number of days you can hold during your trip. If you don’t have a resort reservation, then they set a different amount of days you can hold. They have to disclose this, since we, as AP holders, are supposed to be able to go to WDW any time we aren’t blocked out.

I agree with this about differentiating between AP holder non-resort guests and AP holder resort guests. They have to make sure AP holders who aren’t staying onsite don’t take up too many spots which preclude onsite guests from entering the parks. Why would you pay to stay at a WDW resort and not get into the parks?!?

I got the AP email this morning. It sounds like they don’t want AP holders just hanging onto too many days at a time. I’m sure if you have a resort reservation, you have a particular limit on the number of days you can hold during your trip. If you don’t have a resort reservation, then they set a different amount of days you can hold. They have to disclose this, since we, as AP holders, are supposed to be able to go to WDW any time we aren’t blocked out.

That is why I think if you are an on-site guest and an AP, those park days wouldn’t count against the total limit, because being an on-site guest trumps your status as a AP holder,

Hopefully, they will roll things out this week so people with July and a August trips know if they have park reservations for every day of the trip.

As my thoughts about Disneys new theme park reservation system continue Im starting to really hope they hire Google or Microsoft to make it for them. Disneys track record for anything tech related is actually pretty horrible. Their apps crash all the time and their DVC reservation system also has 7 dwarves construction running around almost daily.

As my thoughts about Disneys new theme park reservation system continue Im starting to really hope they hire Google or Microsoft to make it for them. Disneys track record for anything tech related is actually pretty horrible. Their apps crash all the time and their DVC reservation system also has 7 dwarves construction running around almost daily.
The reservation system for DVC Member Magic events is greatly improved. You can at least see where you are in the queue. I wouldn’t mind if they employed a similar system for the park reservations. But yeah, the member website has been a mess.

Does anyone know how the Shanghai system went? Were you just automatically granted a reservation when you purchased a ticket? My understanding is that they didn’t (or maybe still don’t) allow passholders and those with existing tickets to make a park reservation.

I think one wrinkle they will need to deal with when determining priority is the chance that within one room reservation, you may have both ticket holders and AP holders. If they treat room+ticket different than room+AP, they will need to default the whole room to the same priority level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter