New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Alledgedly this came from an official Disney release but I can't find it with Disney's name on it.

Originally planned to sail in early 2022, the Disney Wish is now scheduled for its maiden voyage in summer 2022 due to pandemic-related delays at the Meyer-Werft shipyard in Germany.

As previously announced, the Disney Wish will be powered by liquified natural gas or LNG, one of the cleanest-burning fuels available. At approximately 144,000 gross tons and 1,250 guest staterooms, the ship will be slightly larger than the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2020/10/disney-wish-maiden-voyage-rescheduled-to-summer-2022/

As a Papenburg resident I was asked recently if I could post an occasional picture of the shipyard and this seemed like the best place for them. Can't see so much as most of the interesting stuff happens inside, but the big piece of ship sitting outside at the moment is apparently the next Aida project.532768532769

As a Papenburg resident I was asked recently if I could post an occasional picture of the shipyard and this seemed like the best place for them. Can't see so much as most of the interesting stuff happens inside, but the big piece of ship sitting outside at the moment is apparently the next Aida project.View attachment 532768View attachment 532769

Yes. Thats AidaCosma. Every once in a while, MW will start building a ship, them move a section of it outside to complete a different ship. Her bow is in front of Oddessey in the dock, and her stern blocks are alongside the dock. Not really sure why they do that. But nice pictures.

Just had an interesting thought. Anyone else having flashbacks to the Magic and Wonder build delays?

Just had an interesting thought. Anyone else having flashbacks to the Magic and Wonder build delays?
You know if there’s pictures of that out there it would be nice to see a new thread “ Remember when…“
You have any to start us off with? I went right from the big red boat to the Fantasy being built. I missed a lot of things in between.

You know if there’s pictures of that out there it would be nice to see a new thread “ Remember when…“
You have any to start us off with? I went right from the big red boat to the Fantasy being built. I missed a lot of things in between.

There's plenty of pics from the Magic and Wonder. Hadnt thought of the new thread. I was just curious if anyone else was seeing the similarities. Might do something next week when we get back from our mini vacay

As a Papenburg resident I was asked recently if I could post an occasional picture of the shipyard and this seemed like the best place for them. Can't see so much as most of the interesting stuff happens inside, but the big piece of ship sitting outside at the moment is apparently the next Aida project.View attachment 532768View attachment 532769
If you happen to see a ship part, low to the water, and grey like in the above picture, that would be the Wish.

Nothing new in the shipyard basin so far at least. It must still be on it's way.
Could be. Theres 2 more piers that it could be tied to but there out of view. 3 actually. 1 is a drydock on the other side of Cosma, 1 pier where the smaller ships are tested, and another pier in-between the 2. Cosma could be blocking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter