New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I would absolutely LOVE one to be the Disney Wish and it to have the Genie on the aft! My other pick would be the Disney Imagination with Peter Pan and/or Tinkerbell on the aft. If Pan was on the aft I think a Captain Hook statue in the atrium would be awesome if they were willing to put a villain in there. I think Figment would be great too on the aft but I don't think he's as recognizable to non-Disney Park fans. The Disney Believe would be a good pick with Pinocchio and Jimmie Cricket on the aft. For other atrium statues I think Goofy and Pluto need to be recognized so all of the Fab Five have an atrium statue. Daisy would be nice too or Chip and Dale. I'd even really like if it was Mickey and Pluto together. I think it would be really awesome I they did a large statue with Snow White and 7 Dwarfs to honor Disney's (and the world's) first ever animated feature film. I picture that in the grandest atrium of all the ships. There are so many possibilities, it will be exciting to see.

What would be amazing (for adults especially) is if they have a new specialty restaurant that is based on the 20's or 30's or 40's -- with a dance floor, those great lamps on the tables and food appropriate to the time period. That would honor the Disney family time period, too!
I absolutely love this idea! They could have a Glenn Miller style orchestra playing on a stage, oh man I would just love it.

@RedSox68 I was wondering if you might want to add links to the Meyer Werft website. This is their page that is about their builds for DCL covering the two new ships as well as Dream and Fantasy:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwe...ffe/disney_cruise_line/disney_cruise_line.jsp

And here is the link to their press release (is more or less the same as the DCL press release):

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_22081.jsp

Once the building starts, we will hopefully see something on their webcam!

I would absolutely LOVE one to be the Disney Wish and it to have the Genie on the aft! My other pick would be the Disney Imagination with Peter Pan and/or Tinkerbell on the aft. If Pan was on the aft I think a Captain Hook statue in the atrium would be awesome if they were willing to put a villain in there. I think Figment would be great too on the aft but I don't think he's as recognizable to non-Disney Park fans. The Disney Believe would be a good pick with Pinocchio and Jimmie Cricket on the aft. For other atrium statues I think Goofy and Pluto need to be recognized so all of the Fab Five have an atrium statue. Daisy would be nice too or Chip and Dale. I'd even really like if it was Mickey and Pluto together. I think it would be really awesome I they did a large statue with Snow White and 7 Dwarfs to honor Disney's (and the world's) first ever animated feature film. I picture that in the grandest atrium of all the ships. There are so many possibilities, it will be exciting to see.

Totally agree. I have been saying that about Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs since the news of the first set of additional ships! I agree that it would be the best way to honor Walt since that was his original masterpiece.

I have updated page one.

Last edited:

Large adult pool with deck area and hot tubs. Single berth staterooms would be nice and is becoming more popular with the newer ships. And always look forward to the water feature that Disney comes up with. How about allowing people to bring their own liquor aboard? That would make Disney stand out from other cruise lines, lol.

Last edited:
Large adult pool with deck area and hot tubs. Single berth staterooms would be nice and is becoming more popular with the newer ships. And always look forward to the water feature that Disney comes up with. How about allowing people to bring their own liquor aboard? That would make Disney stand out from other cruise lines, lol.

I'm just happy they still allow you to bring your own water and soda, which seems to be a thing of the past of other cruise lines.

I agree about the single rooms. That's a great feature on many new ships.

I'm just happy they still allow you to bring your own water and soda, which seems to be a thing of the past of other cruise lines.

I agree about the single rooms. That's a great feature on many new ships.

By single berth cabin, are we talking about a room that could only accommodate one person?

By single berth cabin, are we talking about a room that could only accommodate one person?

That's the interpretation I got. Because they charge so much for a single person in a room, if they had specified single rooms it would be so much more cost effective for the single traveler.

That's the interpretation I got. Because they charge so much for a single person in a room, if they had specified single rooms it would be so much more cost effective for the single traveler.

Theoretically. But not necessarily. When I was looking at the Breakaway (before I came to my senses), I could have done a double-occupancy cabin as a solo for less than $500 more than the coffin...um, I mean studio cabin. They are so limited in numbers and apparently in such demand the price from what I have seen is typically not that much less.

Theoretically. But not necessarily. When I was looking at the Breakaway (before I came to my senses), I could have done a double-occupancy cabin as a solo for less than $500 more than the coffin...um, I mean studio cabin. They are so limited in numbers and apparently in such demand the price from what I have seen is typically not that much less.

That's a bummer! Sounds like DCL pricing tiers LOL

What would be amazing (for adults especially) is if they have a new specialty restaurant that is based on the 20's or 30's or 40's -- with a dance floor, those great lamps on the tables and food appropriate to the time period. That would honor the Disney family time period, too!
I wouldn't mind that at all either. Matter of fact were going to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at Epcot next month. Not exactly the same but pretty close. Watched Glenn Millers Orchestra there years ago,

I wouldn't mind that at all either. Matter of fact were going to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at Epcot next month. Not exactly the same but pretty close. Watched Glenn Millers Orchestra there years ago,

Well since you bumped it, how was the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy show? Was that at the American pavilion stage?

Well since you bumped it, how was the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy show? Was that at the American pavilion stage?

Awesome. Yes it was at the American Pavilion stage. It was part of the concert series. They even played I Want To Be Like You from the original Jungle Book.
The reason I bumped the thread was because someone else started another rumors etc thread and someone linked this thread to it. A mod needs to combine a couple of more threads again.

I absolutely love this idea! They could have a Glenn Miller style orchestra playing on a stage, oh man I would just love it.

And (I believe) they would be the only ship in the industry with that type of themed specialty dining. Since Disney has broken through so many walls in the cruise industry -- why not!

Edited to add: I added a webcam link on page one -- but it doesn't seem to active. If anyone has a better link, let me know.

Last edited:
I would absolutely LOVE one to be the Disney Wish and it to have the Genie on the aft! My other pick would be the Disney Imagination with Peter Pan and/or Tinkerbell on the aft. If Pan was on the aft I think a Captain Hook statue in the atrium would be awesome if they were willing to put a villain in there.
These are awesome ideas

Breakaway is a great ship. Especially if you're just sailing with adults. Give it a try sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!