New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Disney Legacy is by far my favorite of the names. The Believe makes sense but it doesn't really sound like a "noun" to me, you know? I would have put my money on the Disney Enchantment if that name wasn't taken by RC.

It doesn't matter that the name Enchantment is already in use. As mentioned upthread there are many same name ships across different cruise lines. Disney could use Enchantment if they wanted to.

MJ

Here is a name I like -- the Disney Kingdom. I love the whole Disney "magic" and could just live in its kingdom forever.

In terms of features, I would still like a Disney ride/attraction which would be a cruise feature that only Disney could offer.

Well we finally got our act together on our recent Fantasy sailing so we could attend the Gold/Platinum reception with Commodore Tom and senior officers. When discussing names for the new ships, dh suggested Buzz and Woody. :scared1: :sick:
SMH but they did laugh. Of course then all the mommies would want to ride...:rotfl2:

I'm open to any name, theme, statue, etc. I just want one of the ships on the west coast year round! She could still do Alaska in the summer but all winter she could rotate between 3, 4 and 7 night cruises to Mexico out of Long Beach. Come on DCL show us some love on the west coast!!

In the original article on the Disney Blog site, they mentioned a rumor that one of the new ships may do Asian itineraries! That would be amazing.

I would love for one of the new restaurants to be based on Snow White (German cottage decor, apples, Windows with scenes of the movie).

I could also see a formal dining room having an ice palace motif (I am SO over frozen) but there could be a way to do it more subtly (like tritons and royal palace aren't you too heavy on the theming).

I would also love a restaurant to have more of a pirate ship theme (wooden galley and all that).

The NCL Breakaway that we will be sailing on in October has an ice bar -- you pay so much per person and get the jacket and gloves and two drinks each and an hour inside to see the ice sculptures. The temp is kept at 17 degrees. That would be a great fun adult addition on the new ships!

The NCL Breakaway that we will be sailing on in October has an ice bar -- you pay so much per person and get the jacket and gloves and two drinks each and an hour inside to see the ice sculptures. The temp is kept at 17 degrees. That would be a great fun adult addition on the new ships!

We did the Ice Bar in Oslo, Norway as part of our DCL excursion last year on the TA and while it was cool (literally LOL) it was something that I would not have to do again. I couldn't see myself going night after night like I do with the other lounges on DCL.

MJ

Do you remember when the steamboat at Downtown Disney was originally called the Empress Lilly in her honor. We had a great time having dinner there.
Just to give Walt's wife a little credit, for everything Disney.

They wont name a ship after a person no matter how important. The reason is and this came up when Disney was discussing names for the Magic class, is that if something happens that's extremely negative, they didn't want a persons name attached to it. Using the Titanic as an example, could you imagine if the ship was named Harland, (as in Harland and Wolfe the builders) the negative fallout for the yard, that would ensue after she went down? It was bad enough they built her, but to have their name attached to it prominently is a different story. Today, every one knows of or at least heard of the Costa Concordia. Imagine if she was named after a person living or dead.

We did the Ice Bar in Oslo, Norway as part of our DCL excursion last year on the TA and while it was cool (literally LOL) it was something that I would not have to do again. I couldn't see myself going night after night like I do with the other lounges on DCL.

MJ

If I want to go to an ice bar, I'll just head to the bar on our backyard patio in January! :P

All jokes aside, I agree with you. It might be a novelty to do once, but I can't imagine anyone going night after night. Now, a kitschy throwback tiki bar might be fun (and warm).

I think Disney Star would be nice. It has many associations, like Star Wars, Wish Upon a Star, and Stars, as in performers. For an atrium statue, it could be Mary Poppins, as she was a star and she came when the wind changed, which is sort of related. Or Yoda, if they wanted to really promote a particular franchise.

I agree, something with Mulan would be nice, particularly if they were going to do some Asian or even western sailings.

I think Disney Star would be nice. It has many associations, like Star Wars, Wish Upon a Star, and Stars, as in performers. For an atrium statue, it could be Mary Poppins, as she was a star and she came when the wind changed, which is sort of related. Or Yoda, if they wanted to really promote a particular franchise.

I agree, something with Mulan would be nice, particularly if they were going to do some Asian or even western sailings.

Mulan would be amazing!

The only good thing I could see if they went with a Star Wars theme all over is I could get my beloved Fantasy back without that silliness! :)

What would be amazing (for adults especially) is if they have a new specialty restaurant that is based on the 20's or 30's or 40's -- with a dance floor, those great lamps on the tables and food appropriate to the time period. That would honor the Disney family time period, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter