New Disney Dining Show is....

I listen to the DIS because I want to hear what they have to say. I know them and trust their opinions. I don't want to hear from random strangers.

Same here. The podcast team has years of experience across the entire WDW resort and I'm glad they are back to doing dining reviews. I like the format.

I have eaten at BOG more than a half dozen times and Pete was spot on. They are turning those tables! At least twice our meals came out so fast it felt like the plates had been sitting under the warmer and the server just grabbed two steaks, a chicken and the braised beef. We weren't even a few bites into our apps so we don't even bother ordering those anymore. There is NO LINGERING there for sure.

...a solid 10. Love how the initial review was given at the table, with a post dinner review 3 days later. Having four people to order a wide variety of menu items was much appreciated, as well as the four perspectives given. Please keep this coming! Strong work from a strong team. I have Never had a great experience at BOG, despite 3 tries. My highest rating would be a 5, and that given only on the basis of theming.

I feel like we got lucky as we enjoyed our dinner at BOG. We had a very friendly waiter and thought the food was good to very good. Wasn't rushed too much but did have the feeling of wanting to move a bit quick

All in all I'd give it about a 7.5. Not something to do every trip (it is a bit on the pricey side) but I'd do it again.

We were seated in the main ball room which perhaps impacted our opinion

I feel like we got lucky as we enjoyed our dinner at BOG.
I apologize if I already posted this but I wasn't going to scroll back and check.

We had dinner at BOG once. I'm very glad we did it. It was a neat experience that I definitely think is worth doing. And it's not something I would ever do again. As far as I'm concerned, the main reason to eat there is because it's the only way to get inside and see the place. The food was okay but nothing special and it was way overpriced for what it was. If I'm going to spend that kind of money for a meal, there are far better places to go.

I would also add that I am glad they gave their initial thoughts while still at the restaurant, and then gave their thoughts when they were in the studio a few days later. I feel like quite often when I'm at a restaurant I may think one thing, but then taking a little time to mull it over can give me more perspective and sometimes my opinion changes. So I hope they keep that format.

I would also add that I am glad they gave their initial thoughts while still at the restaurant, and then gave their thoughts when they were in the studio a few days later. I feel like quite often when I'm at a restaurant I may think one thing, but then taking a little time to mull it over can give me more perspective and sometimes my opinion changes. So I hope they keep that format.

In my case, this also gives me a few days to come up with snappy comebacks. Which I sometimes need.

I thought it was a great show, and look forward to the new ones, especially since others will be chiming in. We all know how reviews go, different people can sit behind the exact same food served the exact same way, and still review it differently.

And to be honest, I'm one of the minority who don't mind getting through the meal quickly when I'm eating inside one of the parks - I've got other places to be!

We all know how reviews go, different people can sit behind the exact same food served the exact same way, and still review it differently.

And to be honest, I'm one of the minority who don't mind getting through the meal quickly when I'm eating inside one of the parks - I've got other places to be!
Both good points. Reviews are very subjective. We all have different likes and dislikes. We all have different experiences and expectations. It's always good to hear a variety of opinions.

I was interested in this show as restaurant reviews were always the high point of the show in the old days.

It is interesting that it was filmed (although I am an audio listener). I can remember the pains that Kevin went through to not be filmed or have pictures taken so he wouldn't be recognized and given special service or food during a review. I guess that isn't a concern for Pete.

Anyone remember when the only way to see what Kevin looked like was to google Samantha Brown??

I apologize if I already posted this but I wasn't going to scroll back and check.

We had dinner at BOG once. I'm very glad we did it. It was a neat experience that I definitely think is worth doing. And it's not something I would ever do again. As far as I'm concerned, the main reason to eat there is because it's the only way to get inside and see the place. The food was okay but nothing special and it was way overpriced for what it was. If I'm going to spend that kind of money for a meal, there are far better places to go.

That's why I do lunch there. Quick and easy way to get inside.

At least when we did it, the lunch menu didn't appeal to us. It was also back when getting in for lunch meant a 2-hour wait. Is that better now?

You can reserve it for lunch like a typical ADR and then it's no wait when you get there.

I agree the lunch menu isn't great. I get the French onion soup and Grey Stuff cupcake. Decent food and cheap. I'm skipping this year I think. I love this place and think it's beautiful but I don't neee to do it for a 4th time.

Dining reviews have always been a highlight of the show for me. It's why I originally started listening to the show years ago. Could you guys bring in Kevin for some more reviews? His matter of fact personality always made for great dining reviews that always had me on the floor with laughter.

Having been to BOG every year since it opened: the theme is a solid 10/10, the food is a 7/10, service is a 7/10, and the restrooms are a 3/10 (smaller than the room requires-I notice there's always a line for the women). BOG's popularity is more than just having cuisine other than the normal quick service staples in the Magic Kingdom, I mean the Skipper Canteen still has CM's waving menus begging folks to come in and eat on occasion.

BOG is just the perfect marriage of theme, food, and character experience filling that void before 2013. Which restaurant addressed that need before, The Crystal Palace?

BOG is where I thought it would be about 5 years from opening. I can say the worst (and only read bad) experience was last year and that was due to a service failure. It wasn't handled properly and until the MK plops in a futuristic restaurant next to the Tron coaster, with items similar to the Santu'li Canteen, we'll still visit BOG on 1/2 planned MK days.

Skipper Canteen still has CM's waving menus begging folks to come in and eat on occasion.
That's a shame. We ate there last year. Great theming. Great CM interaction. And really tasty and unique food offerings. Of course, it doesn't have the kid appeal of BOG but it should be far more popular than it is.

Thanks Steve, that's what I was thinking, but couldn't put plainly-kid appeal.
No typical servers for lunch at BOG, so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I don't think I could do Skipper Canteen until Steve reviews it.
I don't have video but I'm pretty sure I posted a review at the time. But if I must go back and do it again, as long as Pete wants to pay for the trip, I volunteer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter