New Dining Discount

JereMary

Mouseketeer
So I just saw this notification:

Guests who book a Walt Disney World vacation package at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels or a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel with a minimum 3-day ticket with travel dates from now through December 31, 2017, can enjoy the convenience of prepaid dining at Quick-Service Restaurant locations at Walt Disney World Resort.

For each day of theme park admission, adults in the party will receive $40 and children ages 3-9 will receive $15 on their Quick-Service Dine Gift Cards. However, Guests will only be charged $35 per adult/per day and $12.50 per child/per day. For example, a Guest with a 3-day ticket included in their package would receive a $120 Disney Quick-Service Dine Gift Card for only $105. A child with the same ticket would receive a $45 Dine Gift Card for only $37.50. The Quick-Service Dine Gift Cards may be redeemed at select Quick-Service Dining locations or food carts in Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Water Parks, Disney Springs, and Disney Resort hotels.

Booking dates for this additional package option are available now; click here for more information. Visit Dreams Unlimited Travel to receive a quote for your next vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort!

Here is my question for the experts: I have a split stay booked Nov. 9-10 at the Swan, and Nov. 11-14 at Kidani (we rented DVC). I have already purchased the DDP for the second part of our stay, and I already have 5-day park hopper tickets purchased through undercover tourist. Does anyone know if I'll be able to add the discounted quick-serve to my existing Swan reservation? I think we "technically" meet the requirements since we have tickets that are over 3 days. They're already linked to my reservation. Thought I would ask here before trying to contact Disney direct.

Here is my question for the experts: I have a split stay booked Nov. 9-10 at the Swan, and Nov. 11-14 at Kidani (we rented DVC). I have already purchased the DDP for the second part of our stay, and I already have 5-day park hopper tickets purchased through undercover tourist. Does anyone know if I'll be able to add the discounted quick-serve to my existing Swan reservation? I think we "technically" meet the requirements since we have tickets that are over 3 days. They're already linked to my reservation. Thought I would ask here before trying to contact Disney direct.
The Free Dining Packages are only available for Disney resorts with the described tickets added to the package at the time of purchase.

Last edited:
You sure? This is from the site:
Trust me, I'm super surprised to see them included in any kind of discount too.
I didn't book through Disney though, so I think I'm out of luck.

Guests who book a Walt Disney World vacation package at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels or a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel with a minimum 3-day ticket with travel dates from now through December 31, 2017, can enjoy the convenience of prepaid dining at Quick-Service Restaurant locations at Walt Disney World Resort.

You sure? This is from the site:
Trust me, I'm super surprised to see them included in any kind of discount too.
I didn't book through Disney though, so I think I'm out of luck.

Thank you for the correction. I'll amend my post.

You do need to add tickets to your package at time of purchase to qualify for free dining.

@JereMary ~ You can rebook Swan through Disney and save those package tickets for a future trip. Then, Cancel your original reservation.

A lot of DISers are booking and then paying an upgrade price to have the regular Dining Plan rather than the quick service plan. :)

They are selling you an illusion. Just read the first sentence....free dining when you purchase. Hello, stop drinking so much Disney Kool-Aid. Nothing is free in life, you think Disney is giving you something for free? Read carefully, what's that? I'm paying rack rate (full price) for my hotel room? Oh, they didn't mention that did they.

We've used the dining plan and it's way too much food, especially if you do those buffets. You feel obligated to eat and get all your snack credits used up before you leave...personally, I felt sick to my stomach after each meal...and I love food and can shovel a lot in!!!!

A few changes I've noticed over the years.

The Full service plan (One QS, One Sit-down and Snack)
Disney use to include the TIP!! (15%) of bill in theory.
Disney use to include an Appetizer ($4-$8)

They removed those two items and lowered the per day, per person by only $1.....I'm totally serious. That was about 5-6yrs ago. Now, I've notice they are tiering it with moderate and deluxe resorts.

It doesn't surprise me...the Halloween party use to be $34/PP back 10yrs ago....I think it's nearly $60-75 now or more? It's still the same two parades, fireworks shows and less candy. Disney knows once they have a captive audience...they make the rules and can change them.

I see your point. I was able to get the Swan much cheaper than booking through Disney, so the rebook wouldn't make sense for us anyway.

I have a question that will sound pretty dumb. But here goes. If you book an on-site hotel without booking through Disney, do you still get all the perks (60 day window to book FP+, EMH, etc.) and how? Through your reservation number when logging into MDE?

I have a question that will sound pretty dumb. But here goes. If you book an on-site hotel without booking through Disney, do you still get all the perks (60 day window to book FP+, EMH, etc.) and how? Through your reservation number when logging into MDE?
If it is a Disney-owned resort, yes. Link your resort reservation confirmation # to your MDX acct. If you book through Expedia or Hotels.com you may need to call disney a few days after booking to get your disney confirmation number. You can't modify your res with disney (like add Dine plan), you have to modify thru whoever you booked with, but you can book FP+ at 60 days, use DME (add your DME info at www.disneysmagicalexpress.com/usa once you get your disney confirmation number), and enjoy EMH.

The Free Dining Packages are only available for Disney resorts with the described tickets added to the package at the time of purchase.

The third party quick service dine card is a different promotion than the Free Dine promotion. That said you are correct that it needs to a package booked through Disney with the required tickets. :)

But this is not Free Dining. It is allowing other Hotel chains to purchase a dining plan and with a small discount.
They are selling you an illusion. Just read the first sentence....free dining when you purchase. Hello, stop drinking so much Disney Kool-Aid. Nothing is free in life, you think Disney is giving you something for free? Read carefully, what's that? I'm paying rack rate (full price) for my hotel room? Oh, they didn't mention that did they.

We've used the dining plan and it's way too much food, especially if you do those buffets. You feel obligated to eat and get all your snack credits used up before you leave...personally, I felt sick to my stomach after each meal...and I love food and can shovel a lot in!!!!

A few changes I've noticed over the years.

The Full service plan (One QS, One Sit-down and Snack)
Disney use to include the TIP!! (15%) of bill in theory.
Disney use to include an Appetizer ($4-$8)

They removed those two items and lowered the per day, per person by only $1.....I'm totally serious. That was about 5-6yrs ago. Now, I've notice they are tiering it with moderate and deluxe resorts.

It doesn't surprise me...the Halloween party use to be $34/PP back 10yrs ago....I think it's nearly $60-75 now or more? It's still the same two parades, fireworks shows and less candy. Disney knows once they have a captive audience...they make the rules and can change them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!