New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've scanned the thread but can't seem to find an answer. My apologies if it has been covered and I've just missed it.

My DH and I are considering adding the DDP onto our September trip. The cost estimates are --> <-- this close.

One part of the DDP description on another websiste state this:

• A variety of savings of 10 percent to 20 percent and other values at participating locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort. These discounts include shopping and dining discounts, as well as vouchers for admission to miniature golf and the ESPN Wide World of Sports. All offers subject to change, so be sure to check when you book your package.

Does anyone have any examples of what those savings might mean? What are those participating locations through WDW?

TIA

It's the "magical extras" included with Walt disney world packages. Try visiting here and scrolling down to "magical extras" (starts with "things to do") https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/disney-world/2018-packages.htm

Just finished a 3 night stay with DDP for myself and 3 kids (2 disney adults). I was happy I knew what I was entitled to at each restaurant, as I was rarely offered beverages, or gone over what I could have. At Siestas Cantina, I asked if I could order a margarita and was asked who it was for. This was funny, as all my kids are very visibly under age. Once I said for me, she said sure, and the kids could have slushees. The kids had great smoothies, as well, at Tratoria al Forno, and Coral Reef. I ordered a Cappucino at Tratorio and was told it was my specialty beverage. We ate at 1900 Park Fair and I was not offered any specialty drinks, but I didn’t ask. We traded the kids beverages at Pepper Market for crispy treats (I had to ask, and they said yes.) We also converted two quick service meals to snacks at the Boardwalk gift shop, after we ended up with lunch on the Mouse. (Nicely comped for the inconvenience of pool bar being closed. True pixie dust, as I was in no way expressing frustration, just asked what other options were available for quick service on the Boardwalk, with preference for hamburgers.) I typically don’t do the dining plan anymore, as my DH prefers to order apps, no desserts, and we like more TS, but I had a few days on my own with the kids and enjoyed using the plan. It allowed me to not fight with my 10 year old over ordering pricey dishes. We ended up sharing meals at several restaurants, so were able to eat at 4 TS restaurants. I was so glad we did this, as particularly the desserts were much too big to finish. I had no problem, except at Coral Reef paying OOP for some things (like an app and drink) and charging the plan for the rest. At Coral Reef, I think she actually charged someone else, as she kept insisting I had the Deluxe plan and everything was included. I had to go over with her what I should be paying for, and then she hurried away, saying “I scanned someone else’s band.)

At Via Napoli using the dining plan everyone has to order their own app, entree and dessert. There is no sharing on the dining plan. If you pay oop then you can share.
Untrue!
I certainly shared my husband's meal
Nothing was unlimited i.e. Salad, breadsticks
Dining plan or not, we paid, no one can make you order an entree
If they do its on the house
I've been to Via 3 times & never ordered my own meal, to big, always on DP

Untrue!
I certainly shared my husband's meal
Nothing was unlimited i.e. Salad, breadsticks
Dining plan or not, we paid, no one can make you order an entree
If they do its on the house
I've been to Via 3 times & never ordered my own meal, to big, always on DP
The reported experiences at Via Napoli seem to be specific to the individual pizzas. Have you share a pizza there?

Hi. My DD and I are doing a mother/daughter trip for 6 nights and we're on the DXDP. We have a few signature meals booked, CRT and some character breakfasts. I am planning a couple of days at the pool for lunch. We're staying at the YC. Will I be able to use meal credits for poolside dining at Stormalong Bay? Thank you.

You can at hurricane Hannah but don’t think the delivered food is eligible. Has anyone tried?

You can go the the marketplace and get them something to go and eat poolside

This might be a silly question, and not quite sure it fits on this thread - but trying to plan to just drink water on the DxDP so that we can order alcoholic drinks as much as possible. Question is - if you get water, is it the awful tap water in Florida or is it better than what is the normal, sulfur-y tap water of Florida? Visiting family in other areas of FL is the only time I can't order water out when eating.
If you get water from any restaurant, counter service or sit down, it will come from the soda machine, which means it is filtered the same as it would be for lemonade or iced tea or poweaid.

You can at hurricane Hannah but don’t think the delivered food is eligible. Has anyone tried?

You can go the the marketplace and get them something to go and eat poolside
Looking at, I believe it is treated the same as room service and is two table service credits per person.

Hi. My DD and I are doing a mother/daughter trip for 6 nights and we're on the DXDP. We have a few signature meals booked, CRT and some character breakfasts. I am planning a couple of days at the pool for lunch. We're staying at the YC. Will I be able to use meal credits for poolside dining at Stormalong Bay? Thank you.
We used credits at the pool bar at Grand Floridian last week. It’s a similar set up to Hurricane Hannah’s. If you order from the bar tender you get an alcoholic drink included. They delivered it to a table for us. I would imagine you could do the same thing at stormalong. It’s treated as a quick service credit (although on Deluxe dining it doesn’t make a difference) but since the bar tender served us we added a tip of course.

This is my actual experience from talking to someone at Wine Bar George. Not sure if it should be posted here or not. I've copied it from a post I made in the Restaurant Forum.

I called today with questions about what is included for Lunch. I spoke with a pleasant girl named Brandy who said on the DxDP 1 credit would entitle you to an App consisting of one of their Small Plates, an entree which could include your choice of 2 more Small Plates, one of their Lunch Specials or a Cheese or Charcuterie Board and a non "Chocolate Experience" Dessert. Dessert could be traded for any small plate of equal or lesser value. She also said it includes any drink $18 or less.

what are the differences of what is covered at TS/QS from DxDP vs DDP as it relates to apps, desserts, alcoholic drinks or specialty non-alcoholic drinks?

DxDDP TS gets app, entree, dessert, drink. However, all your TS choices during DxDDP usage are set price so you have no advantage over regular DDP. If you read through this thread, you'll see adults do get an alcoholic drink at the three you've chosen, if one is available. I'm not sure I've seen a report from CRT.
DxDDP QS gets entree and drink, including alcohol, but again QS in MK do not serve alcohol and it doesn't look like PVH has a specialty drink other than the one in the souvenir cup, which is not included.

DDP TS gets entree, dessert, drink
DDP QS gents entree, drink

We just returned last week and did eight days on the DxDDP. DD 10 was a Disney adult and DS 7 was a child. DD and DS were specifically told at each restaurant they could order off the kids menu or adult since we had the DxDDP. I checked the My Disney App constantly, and saw no differentiation in credits, it started with 96 credits and ended with 0. DD occasionally would order the kids dessert and DS would order adult non-alcoholic beverages, apps, entrees, and desserts.

At CRT DH got a beer and I got the Banfi Rosa Regala. At HDDR and Cali Grill we were not offered anything beyond the included alcoholic beverages, but we did not ask either. At Cape May we got beachside bubbles for breakfast plus juice. At Trattoria Al Forno we got iced coffees plus juice for breakfast. Tuskar House lunch we got an Angry Orchard, Tikiti Punch, plus iced teas. At Garden Grill we got a Blue Moon, Citrus Freeze (which was delicious), and the kids got slushy lemonades. At Yachtsman we got an Angry Orchard, Moscow Mule, and the kids got virgin daiquiris. We were basically told any cocktail or wine up to $16. At Sanaa we got an Angry Orchard, Blue Glowtini, DD a watermelon lemonade, and DS a mango lassi. At Narcoossee’s the waiter went out of his way to tell us all about the alcoholic and non-alcoholic speciality drinks. We got a Joker Cider, a magical star cocktail, and the kids got shakes. Once again, we were told any cocktail or wine except for the ones over $20 a glass. At Flying Fish we got a Woodchuck, a grapefruit lychee martini, and the kids got virgin daiquiris. At Le Celier we got a Unibroue, an ice wine martini, and the kids got raspberry blitzs. At Via Napoli we got a beer, a Moscow mule, and the kids got Italian sodas. At Homecoming we got the Muleshine. The Boathouse, blueberry lemonade cocktail and beers, was the only place where we both ordered two alcoholic drinks a piece and the kids sodas, but the drinks were attributed to the kids seats and no extra charge. Flying Fish was the least liked by far, we all thoght the food was bland.

We had amazing servers at each restaurant (except Via Napoli). Most of the servers would tell us alcoholic drinks were included after our band was scanned for the dining plan. I asked at each restaurant what drinks were included, and they were always very helpful in showing us by going through the drink menus. DH and I got waters at all the restaurants with our alcoholic drinks, and at the signatures they brought it out first for everyone. We did one quick service, Woody’s Lunch Box. I did the mobile order, and we got alcoholic drinks, cider and grown-up lemonade, with all four meals. It allowed us to order the 22 oz cider as well. The kids got the mystic punch and it took them as snack credits. We have done the DxDPP before a few times, but this time by the end we were too stuffed for apps or desserts! It was probably all those cocktails and drinks...:rolleyes1

Last edited:
Not sure if this in here yet or not, but the unlimited mimosas and bellinis at the Maria & Enzo’s Sunday brunch were included when we ate there last Sunday. But for some reason the $6.50 per person juice bar was not. Anyway...

Not sure if this in here yet or not, but the unlimited mimosas and bellinis at the Maria & Enzo’s Sunday brunch were included when we ate there last Sunday. But for some reason the $6.50 per person juice bar was not. Anyway...

Asking for clarification.

If you are under 21 and can't partake of the alcohol, is the juice bar still not included? Are there any specialty drinks for the non-alcohol drinkers?

R u able to upgrade to deluxe dining from regular dining once u’ve checked into resort? We have not used any credits yet and on free dining pkg.

R u able to upgrade to deluxe dining from regular dining once u’ve checked into resort? We have not used any credits yet and on free dining pkg.
Officially, no. You have to modify the dining plan 72 hours in advance (48 hours for DVC). Unofficially, talk to the concierge at your resort.

Asking for clarification.

If you are under 21 and can't partake of the alcohol, is the juice bar still not included? Are there any specialty drinks for the non-alcohol drinkers?
Sorry, I don’t know the answer to that. He just told me if I wanted orange juice as my beverage it would just be the single glass. So that makes me think no. They weee also doing some kind of kids eat free promo. I held my breath every time a kid went running up to the chocolate fountain without a parent supervising. My friend just asked today how do they keep the kids from sticking their fingers in it? Lol.

Just returned from 5 nights on DxDDp.

In regards to drinks:
Yachtsman- wines under $18 included (anything not was marked with asterisk), only a couple scotch included (confusingly anything marked with an asterisk in that section WAS included)
California Grill Brunch- husband WAS able to get mimosa bar in addition to unlimited mimosas, I got a blackberry vodka lemonade in addition to mimosas
Via Napoli- any drink $16 or under (no limoncello mule with the fun mickey ears out of lemon and lime, but I got the mirto mule)
Cape May breakfast- mimosas in addition to OJ and coffee
Ohana dinner- lapu lapu with no pineapple included, husband got mojito
Yak and Yeti lunch- all cocktails were included
California Grill dinner- everything $18 and under was included, husband got wine, bar made me a rum and diet with extra cherries
Crystal Palace breakfast- mimosas in addition to OJ, coffee, and chocolate milk
Toyko Dining lunch- all cocktails were included, only one type of sake included, we both got green tea mojitos
LeCellier lunch- all cocktails included, got a montreal 75, husband got a la fin du monde beer, I think the wines were capped at $16

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter