New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I assume your beer was able to be taken by you unopened for later? We are planning to grab take out QS meals during the day to eat as breakfast the next day. We hope to take the drinks for another time as well. Thanks!

Yup! I just grabbed the can and put it in my to-go bag when they handed my food. Never did they try to tell me they had to open it.

[/Quote]"Evermore, post: 59110416, member: 618486"]Multiple folks have had no issues taking beers, unopened, to drink later. But I have to ask, what's the reasoning behind having cold leftover take-out as part of your meal plans? Just extra credits? Or a split-stay? Or is there some QS meal that I haven't heard of that makes a divine leftover breakfast?[/QUOTE]

The way we prefer to eat, a quick service lunch/dinner reheated is preferable for a breakfast meal than an egg dish. The alcohol is better saved. I don't like "traditional breakfasts " and prefer to get my credits worth too.

Just returned from 6 nights on the deluxe dining plan with 3 adults, 1 Disney kid (5yo) and 1 Disney "infant" (2yo). Meals included:
Breakfst: Garden grill, the wave, Ohana, Crystal palace, BOG
Lunch: CRT, liberty tree, via napoli
Dinner: yachtsman, cali grill, narcoosee, chef Mickey, Citricos

Some insights to the plan:

-My 5yo daughter was allowed (and encouraged!) to order off the adult menu at many places, or to mix/match from both

-they were very flexible letting us use parts of the credits to pay for the 2 yo , and he often was just given food for free. Ex: I ordered him a kids dessert using my dessert credit several times. At CRT he was given his own meal. At yachtsman he was given mac n cheese and we were not charged. He was
Never charged for milk

-the only inflexible place was Via Mapoli, which we were
Anticipating. The rumors are true: you can only use dining plan credits for the individual pizzas, cannot pool credits for larger pizza or share a small one

-we ordered alcoholic drinks for most dinners and often coffee
As well. Despite the plan saying you get One alcoholic drink OR one non-alcoholic drink, for us, every time Both drinks were covered by the plan- even the $8 French press from citricos

-breakfst alcohol includes Bloody Mary and mimosa at most places. A few had some specialty drinks as well. I've attached ohanas.
Did you get ab alcoholic drink included at buffets, such as Chef Mickey? TIA

Reading on the Disney site, it appears to say that alcoholic beverages are not included with buffets. If you have eaten at a buffet that serves alcohol this year, was it included in the plan? Thanks, in advance.

Just returned from 5 nights on the Deluxe Dining Plan and Quick Service Plan. We had 2 rooms. 2 Adults and 1 Child (21+, 12 & 9) on DxDP and 3 Adults (21+, 16 & 12) on QSP. We always dined as a party of 6, so 18% gratuity was always automatically added.

Ohana - 2 Adults ordered Red Sangria and Bahama Mama. 3 Children had virgin Pina Colada's. In addition, we were given fountain drinks at no additional charge. One thing to note when ordering alcoholic and specialty drinks here, the alcoholic drinks were itemized on the bill, but not the specialty drinks, therefore we paid additional gratuity and tax for the alcoholic drinks, but not specialty drinks.

La Cantina - QS meals. Patron Margarita was included with QS credit ($15.25). Since this is a Quick Service location, we did not have to pay any gratuity for the alcoholic beverage. This was our best use of QS credits.

Wolfgang Puck Express - Any alcoholic drink on menu was included.

Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dining Package - On DxDP, so we were given appetizers. When the bill came, everything was itemized. For example, Seat number 1 = $42 for dinner package, plus $13 for appetizer and $8 for alcoholic beverage was used to calculate the gratuity and tax. In the case of the children, they ordered the watermelon lemonade and this was also itemized.

Cape May Cafe - Any alcoholic beverage on the menu was included. This place also itemized the alcoholic and specialty drinks on the bill. Soft drinks were given at no extra charge and not itemized.

Narcoossees - Same practices as Cape May Cafe.

Satuli Canteen - QS - 22oz Beer was included as well as Sangria.

Also dined at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Crystal Palace, but did not have/or offered alcohol.

Just got back and used the DDP for the first time. for 2 Adults and 1 Child for 3 days it cost $520 I think. We paid out of pocket for 2 of our Daughters Quick Serve Meals and used those two for Adult Meals and Beverages. Figuring in drinks we would have spent $819. We dined at

Be our Guest (Breakfast) Real value is getting a head start on 7 Dwarfs and Peter Pan
Sassagoula Floatworks Surprisingly delicious. Great Shrimp and Grits
Sa'tuli Canteen Awesome Bowls. Maybe best Theme Park QS I've had
Be Our Guest (Dinner) Meal was good not great. If paying out of pocket may have been disappointed. $16 glass of wine helped
Polite Pig See below
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Food average for Character Buffet. GREAT Character interaction though. Great Fantasmic Seating.
Ohana (Dinner) Decent but not my thing. Just can't eat enough to justify. Glad we did it but most likely one and done.

By the way I can't recommend the Polite Pig enough. The Salmon with Roasted Cauliflower was amazing! One surprising note, they told us we had to pay for the addition of any protein to their salads. I found that surprising since the salads were $13 and adding any meat would still have been cheaper than my $22 Salmon.

Edit. The $819 includes saving most of our Snack Credits for use at Flower and Garden

Last edited:
Be our Guest (Breakfast) Real value is getting a head start on 7 Dwarfs and Peter Pan
Be Our Guest (Dinner) Meal was good not great. If paying out of pocket may have been disappointed. $16 glass of wine helped
Polite Pig See below
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Food average for Character Buffet. GREAT Character interaction though. Great Fantasmic Seating.
Ohana (Dinner) Decent but not my thing. Just can't eat enough to justify. Glad we did it but most likely one and done.

Can you enlighten on what kind of alcoholic and specialty drinks you had with your meals?

Has anyone gotten the Plaza milkshake as a drink versus a dessert? I know other places like Sci Fi consider them a beverage, but those aren't AYCTE and they're listed on the beverage section of the menu. Plaza clearly listed their milkshakes as a dessert, so I'm curious.

Can you enlighten on what kind of alcoholic and specialty drinks you had with your meals?

Of course.

Sassagoula we both had 2 16oz Yuenglings
Satu'li we both had the 22oz Hawkes Grog Ale
Be our Guest Dinner Both had a glass of the Lombre de la Bete, Chateau neuf de Pape. Actually $17 per glass and Outstanding!
Polite Pig Moscow Mule and a Grapefruit Margarita
Hollywood and Vine Moscow Mule and a Mojito
Ohana Backscratcher and a Lapu Lapu (no Pineapple)

Thank you to everyone posting your experiences. We will have big party traveling in January and I want to be sure I know what to expect to prevent any snafus. My team is not 100% Disney savvy so don't want to give them additional headaches if not necessary.

I'll be following along since I'm 278 days out :rolleyes:

Geyser Point - sounds confusing!!

I’ve read so many mixed things about ordering here. There’s a QS window, but the servers will also take your QS order. If they take our order, are the cocktails included with the QS?

Just got back and used the DDP for the first time. for 2 Adults and 1 Child for 3 days it cost $520 I think. We paid out of pocket for 2 of our Daughters Quick Serve Meals and used those two for Adult Meals and Beverages. Figuring in drinks we would have spent $819. We dined at

Polite Pig See below

By the way I can't recommend the Polite Pig enough. The Salmon with Roasted Cauliflower was amazing! One surprising note, they told us we had to pay for the addition of any protein to their salads. I found that surprising since the salads were $13 and adding any meat would still have been cheaper than my $22 Salmon.

Edit. The $819 includes saving most of our Snack Credits for use at Flower and Garden
Do you by chance have the sum of the extras you chose to pay for and gratuity you paid? I’d like to see what that portion added up to. (To add to the upfront portion you paid for to be on dining plan to see what your total spending was.)
Still trying to figure out if this year the dining plan would be a benefit to us. Thank you!

Do you by chance have the sum of the extras you chose to pay for and gratuity you paid? I’d like to see what that portion added up to. (To add to the upfront portion you paid for to be on dining plan to see what your total spending was.)
Still trying to figure out if this year the dining plan would be a benefit to us. Thank you!

Well if you don't count our dinner at the California Grill the night before we started on the DP extras were minimal. We paid for 2 kids meals out of pocket, a total of maybe $15. We tipped 20-25% on average so about $30 at Be Our Guest, $40 at Hollywood and Vine and I think $30 at Ohana. Also had drinks a few nights at the Pool Bar at POFQ, maybe another $60 with tips.

Well if you don't count our dinner at the California Grill the night before we started on the DP extras were minimal. We paid for 2 kids meals out of pocket, a total of maybe $15. We tipped 20-25% on average so about $30 at Be Our Guest, $40 at Hollywood and Vine and I think $30 at Ohana. Also had drinks a few nights at the Pool Bar at POFQ, maybe another $60 with tips.
Thank you for getting the rest of your info. I swear, deciding about the dining plan is the toughest vacation decision. In our last trip, we really enjoyed checking out all the different specialty pastry, gelato and dessert kiosks after dinner in Epcot, so I’m just not sure if we are ready to go back to having to order dessert right whenever we’ve finished our meal. I might miss the fresh brioche ice cream sandwich at
Les Halles. By far my favorite dessert!

We’ve eaten at multiple buffets this year and alcohol was included at all, including at breakfast :).

Wait, so we can get a Lapu Lapu in a glass with breakfast at 'Ohana? I've never had one and figured i'd have to wait until our next trip in 2020 to try it, but if i can get it at breakfast that's pretty cool!

First time on this thread. My family of 5 is going Nov. 22-Dec. 1 as a split stay, with most of hit hitting Free Dining. My parents are coming with is and doing part with us and part on their own. This is our second trip (2015), but my parents first real trip (outside of school trips where you don't really plan or choose things). My mom is excited about this trip and has plans for Table Service meals both with is and just for the two of them. Actually, her plans put her in a crunch going over her allotted TS credits, with several signature 2-credit meals (CRT, Mickey's BY BBQ, California grill, spirit of Aloha, boathouse, etc.). Then, the other day, as I discuss this with her, she says, "I can't really eat a lot in each meal." My brain starts really spinning now. Can my folks share a single meal between the two of them, if it is not us with them, too? Like at BH, or CG, will they have issues, or can they order a half portion each if they don't want the same thing?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!