New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Ohana on our recent trip on the DxDP I was given the option to either have the Lapu Lapu in a glass or pay an extra $5 for the pineapple.

As well, since our table wasn't ready at reservation time we tried to sit down at the bar to have our drink. We asked if we could have our drink at the bar and take it in when our table was ready. The server said that we could not do that. When we asked if it was much of a wait that evening, she shrugged and said that it was hit or miss at Ohana.
Sorry just to clarify... were you asking to use your drink credit at the bar as you waited for your reservation or asking to pay cash for a drink then finish it at your table? Seems odd they wouldn’t allow a cash drink to go with you.

Thanks for the lapu lapu info! Really hoping we get the same $5 upcharge offer on our trip as I am dying for one of those babies.

We were asking to use our drink credit at the bar since our table wasn't ready and we weren't sure how long it would be for our table.

So for regular dining plans (DDP) not the deluxe are people finding that the QS credits are broken out by Adult and Child? We haven't been in a while, last time we were able to pool all the QS credits together. I've been scrolling through posts but can't find anything definitive on it. We leave soon and I'm wondering if my ravenous 8.5 year old that loathes chicken nuggets and burgers - pretty much kids meals in general, be limited to that as her option.

So for regular dining plans (DDP) not the deluxe are people finding that the QS credits are broken out by Adult and Child? We haven't been in a while, last time we were able to pool all the QS credits together. I've been scrolling through posts but can't find anything definitive on it. We leave soon and I'm wondering if my ravenous 8.5 year old that loathes chicken nuggets and burgers - pretty much kids meals in general, be limited to that as her option.

QS are still pooled.

I think I made my point.
Yeah I referred to it as a “drink credit” but luckily you knew what I meant :) My only guess is Tambu and Ohana can’t share tickets so they had no way to credit your drink as part of your meal to your DDP. Good to know for the rest of us though!

Last edited:
Just returned from 6 nights on the deluxe dining plan with 3 adults, 1 Disney kid (5yo) and 1 Disney "infant" (2yo). Meals included:
Breakfst: Garden grill, the wave, Ohana, Crystal palace, BOG
Lunch: CRT, liberty tree, via napoli
Dinner: yachtsman, cali grill, narcoosee, chef Mickey, Citricos

Some insights to the plan:

-My 5yo daughter was allowed (and encouraged!) to order off the adult menu at many places, or to mix/match from both

-they were very flexible letting us use parts of the credits to pay for the 2 yo , and he often was just given food for free. Ex: I ordered him a kids dessert using my dessert credit several times. At CRT he was given his own meal. At yachtsman he was given mac n cheese and we were not charged. He was
Never charged for milk

-the only inflexible place was Via Mapoli, which we were
Anticipating. The rumors are true: you can only use dining plan credits for the individual pizzas, cannot pool credits for larger pizza or share a small one

-we ordered alcoholic drinks for most dinners and often coffee
As well. Despite the plan saying you get One alcoholic drink OR one non-alcoholic drink, for us, every time Both drinks were covered by the plan- even the $8 French press from citricos

-breakfst alcohol includes Bloody Mary and mimosa at most places. A few had some specialty drinks as well. I've attached ohanas.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.PNG
    IMG_1313.PNG
    561.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Just returned from 6 nights on the deluxe dining plan with 3 adults, 1 Disney kid (5yo) and 1 Disney "infant" (2yo). Meals included:

-My 5yo daughter was allowed (and encouraged!) to order off the adult menu at many places, or to mix/match from both

-they were very flexible letting us use parts of the credits to pay for the 2 yo , and he often was just given food for free. Ex: I ordered him a kids dessert using my dessert credit several times. At CRT he was given his own meal. At yachtsman he was given mac n cheese and we were not charged. He was
Never charged for milk

Anticipating. The rumors are true: you can only use dining plan credits for the individual pizzas, cannot pool credits for larger pizza or share a small one

As well. Despite the plan saying you get One alcoholic drink OR one non-alcoholic drink, for us, every time Both drinks were covered by the plan- even the $8 French press from citricos

-breakfst alcohol includes Bloody Mary and mimosa at most places. A few had some specialty drinks as well. I've attached ohanas.
Via Napoli tried to tell me we could not share a small pizza that I paid for, dining plan or not, I laughed as and shared the small pizza we with hubby, I only ordered a diet coke out of pocket. Anyone accepting that answer that you cannot share a meal is silly, I understand they can refrain from allowing putting credits together for larger pizza but 5 of us dined DxDp, only 3 ordered and used 3 credits, so much food and we most definately shared! No one can make a guest buy a meal and not allow me to have a piece of my husbands pizza that we paid for. We shared app and dessert also, no way I could of eaten my own meal

Last edited:

Never charged for milk

Thanks for the good info! Was the lapu lapu offered with no pineapple for breakfast?

To speak to a point that PP made, we were charged for all non-alcoholic drinks that we ordered that were alongside the wine or beer that came with the meals, in March. We mostly ate at signatures. We were on the Deluxe plan. So, YMMV on that one, it seems.

To speak to a point that PP made, we were charged for all non-alcoholic drinks that we ordered that were alongside the wine or beer that came with the meals, in March. We mostly ate at signatures. We were on the Deluxe plan. So, YMMV on that one, it seems.

My guess is it just took that long to get everyone trained and up to speed on the addition of alcohol and your experience will probably be the norm.

Specific situation I am wondering if anyone has experienced....Can you upgrade to top shelf liquor in your drinks and it still be included?
For example, I will have a Amaretto DiSarronno on the rocks, but I don't want another brand of Amaretto.
Say my husband wants a cranberry and vodka, but wants say Grey Goose vodka. or whiskey and coke with say Woodford Reserve...you get the idea.
Is top shelf included in mixed drinks or just house? TIA!!!

Specific situation I am wondering if anyone has experienced....Can you upgrade to top shelf liquor in your drinks and it still be included?
For example, I will have a Amaretto DiSarronno on the rocks, but I don't want another brand of Amaretto.
Say my husband wants a cranberry and vodka, but wants say Grey Goose vodka. or whiskey and coke with say Woodford Reserve...you get the idea.
Is top shelf included in mixed drinks or just house? TIA!!!
They go by price. If i remember normally it's anything under 15$. So if the top shelf makes it more than no it won't be included.

Just returned from four nights on the regular DDP. Ate at:
The Wave breakfast: given very healthy pours of the grand mimosa. Only because we got the buffet were we allowed to also get one non-alcoholic beverage each.

Yak & Yeti: My SO was able to order a huge bottle of Pelligrino as his drink. I had a cocktail from the specialty cocktail list.

Whispering Canyon: We each ordered a cocktail but were offered the unlimited milkshakes.

Be Our Guest: No booze at lunch, we got bottles of Perrier.

Crystal Palace: No booze, got soft drinks.

Katsura Grill: Very generous pour of sake.

The rest of our QS credits were redeemed at Contempo Cafe. Only once at breakfast when I grabbed a beer for later did the cashier tell me I couldn’t redeem a beer as part of my QS credit at breakfast. I politely asked for a supervisor and she went to talk to the other cashier working. She told my cashier that of course it was allowed, and I was able to get the drink.

The rest of our QS credits were redeemed at Contempo Cafe. Only once at breakfast when I grabbed a beer for later did the cashier tell me I couldn’t redeem a beer as part of my QS credit at breakfast. I politely asked for a supervisor and she went to talk to the other cashier working. She told my cashier that of course it was allowed, and I was able to get the drink.
Can I assume your beer was able to be taken by you unopened for later? We are planning to grab take out QS meals during the day to eat as breakfast the next day. We hope to take the drinks for another time as well. Thanks!

Can I assume your beer was able to be taken by you unopened for later? We are planning to grab take out QS meals during the day to eat as breakfast the next day. We hope to take the drinks for another time as well. Thanks!

Multiple folks have had no issues taking beers, unopened, to drink later. But I have to ask, what's the reasoning behind having cold leftover take-out as part of your meal plans? Just extra credits? Or a split-stay? Or is there some QS meal that I haven't heard of that makes a divine leftover breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter