New-confused - Help Me Please -

rabx5

<font color=purple>My husband doesn't fit in the o
Thank you for reading this. I have been searching on here and I am just plain ol confused.

We( 2 adults,2 kids-over12) are planning a trip to WDW June 24th- July 1st of this year. We have just decided this in the past week.(better late than never :confused3 )

We would like to stay at Pop Century. I would really like a discount. I see there are AP discounts and AAA discounts.

Where do I find out the exact discount for these services? I am looking at the room along with MYW 7-day park hopper tickets.

Do they only discount the room price or can I get a discount on room and MYW tickets?

I just want to make sure it is worth purchasing either the AP or AAA membership.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel my eyes are crossing staring at the computer monitor all week trying to find good prices. I already called Disney and have no code pinned to my name or my hubbys :sad2:

Thanks again- this is such an informative site.

Jodi

First I would call CRO and see if there are any AP rates available for your stay. They do sell out so it may be hard to find an AP discount now; if not, ask about AAA rate. This can be booked through CRO also. I'm not sure if you need to have your AAA number or not. They can at least check to see if there is a room available with the AAA rate. If there is, you can join AAA and call back and book. If AP rate is available, book it if you want. You won't need the AP until you check in.

Hope this helps.

You will not need your AAA membership number to make a AAA reservation. You will, however, need to have your AAA card at check-in. If not, you will get charged rack rate.

Best of luck! I am new to all of this too!

rabx5 said:
Thank you for reading this. I have been searching on here and I am just plain ol confused.

We( 2 adults,2 kids-over12) are planning a trip to WDW June 24th- July 1st of this year. We have just decided this in the past week.(better late than never :confused3 )

We would like to stay at Pop Century. I would really like a discount. I see there are AP discounts and AAA discounts.

Where do I find out the exact discount for these services? I am looking at the room along with MYW 7-day park hopper tickets.

Do they only discount the room price or can I get a discount on room and MYW tickets?

I just want to make sure it is worth purchasing either the AP or AAA membership.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel my eyes are crossing staring at the computer monitor all week trying to find good prices. I already called Disney and have no code pinned to my name or my hubbys :sad2:

Thanks again- this is such an informative site.

Jodi

This is long, but hopefully it will help you :-)

First of all, we really like Pop! We are staying there again 6/29-7/7! 2 adults. My best friends & their kids loved it too.

The Pop rate for the time you want to go, booked through AAA or through WDW is $84 per night + 11.5% tax. That is a 15% discount off of the "rack rate". The AP rate booked through WDW is $74 per night + 11.5% tax. That is 25% off the rack rate. I don't know if the AP rate is sold out yet or not. You'll have to call WDW directly to find out. You can only book AP rates through WDW, not through AAA.

We use AAA as opposed to WDW because WDW won't let you get the AAA discount on a package- plain and simple. Also, AAA never "sells out" at their rate when you book directly through them so you can even get their discount last minute. We are required to give our membership number upon booking but I'm guessing they would give you a quote even before you join- to entice you to join. AAA abides by all of WDW's rules and prices. When you call AAA to book for you, they provide you the service of calling WDW on your behalf, without charging you a service fee to do so. This is a benefit of being a AAA member. Since we book directly through AAA, we are never asked for our membership card at check in. If you book through WDW for a AAA rate, they are going to ask you for the card at check in to prove you are a member.

AAA also does "room only" reservations.

AAA, like WDW, will hold/book a trip for you and you will have 14 days to cancel with no penalty. Again, like WDW, if you don't pay your $200 deposit (required for a package) in 14 days, the trip automatically cancels itself and they do not contact you. Our discount was 15% off the hotel. The Plus Dining ($34.99/day/adult), travel insurance ($49.50 per adult), and tickets are the same prices as WDW.

This might help you do the math to decide whether paying to join AAA will be worth the savings on your WDW trip. we pay $137 dues to AAA Mid-Atlantic for a year, for the two of us to belong to AAA. Our 15%- 8 night discount was $135. So, the membership basically paid for itself and beyond that, we still get all the benefits of AAA for other travel, restaurants, roadside service, towing, etc... Mind you- if just one adult in your family joins AAA, it will very likely be way less than $137!

Their travel reps are wonderful! 1-800-436-4222. No I don't work for AAA. Ha ha. I'm just a satisfied member :-)

AAA, like WDW will not charge you to make a change to your trip up until the 45 day mark, but they will charge you a $50 fee to make changes to your trip when you are within 45 days or less of travel. This is WDW's rule- they call it a "document change fee", as they print all of your travel documents on day 45 and mail them out. So they'd have to make you a whole new set of documents if you change details.

Good luck! I hope this helps. :earsgirl:

Now that's informative.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

I no longer need an AAA or AP code. I had a code linked to my name(s) at Disney :cool1: Long story, but I posted it anyway :flower:

:wave:

Jodi

Congratulations!!! I read your story on another thread.

My husband had a code for April but we are going 6/29. We are keeping our fingers crossed!

I keep telling myself to get that Disney Visa.

Have a wonderful time at AKL!

CMCH :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter