New Category at The Fort

I'm probably one of the few that doesn't care about where I sleep. I raced around the country for a long time and travel for work quite a bit. I have slept in so many different places, none of it bothered me. Well, my first experience in a "Sleep Number" bed in a little hotel in Brainerd, MN and the couch/sectional I slept on for 3 weeks in Ukraine. Neither of those were that great. Give me a pillow and a blanket and I'm good. :-)

j
Hey! You were just a couple hours away from us when you stayed at Brainerd!!

First time I camped at Fort Wilderness in a tent, 2000 or 2001, partial hook ups were around $30 and they used to do a 20% AAA discount which knocked it back to about 25, with tax it was still under 30.

Seeing the new prices of the Premium and Premium Medow loops, our next trip we may have to reconsider where we stay and get a Preferred or full hookup if I can fit the 5th wheel in it.

Seeing the new prices of the Premium and Premium Medow loops, our next trip we may have to reconsider where we stay and get a Preferred or full hookup if I can fit the 5th wheel in it.

We usually stay in a premium site, but did some research and asked questions of other Disboard friends and decided on doing a Full Hook-up site this time, sites are apparently 50+ft deep. We like going for extended periods, the cost is still going to be close to $8000 for 10 people, but will save $430 by going Full Hook-up and made a request for the 1600 loop. :)

Last edited:

We usually stay in a premium site, but did some research and asked questions of other Disboard friends and decided on doing a Full Hook-up site this time, sites are apparently 50+ft deep. We like going for extended periods, the cost is still going to be close to $8000 for 10 people, but will save $430 by going Full Hook-up and made a request for the 1600 loop. :)
what is the difference between the 3 sites(premium, preferred, full)?

@DisneyPhilliesFan
Really just location, price and the amount of concrete pad on the site. Premium Meadow sites are all concrete and the most expensive, regular premium sites are the same as the previous just a little farther away from the Meadows, full hook up is cheapest and preferred is in the middle (price wise) with less concrete and small rocks on the sides of the sites which make them look smaller but all categories have sites that vary in width and length. They all have electric, water, cable and sewer hook ups. Preferred sites are 100,200 and 300 which are close to the Settlement, thus preferred for location. Full hook up sites are 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 and 2100 they are supposed to be a little farther away from all the activities but I really don't think so as they are a short walk from the Meadows ( except 2100 which is the farthest loop other than 2000 from the meadows. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

@DisneyPhilliesFan
Really just location, price and the amount of concrete pad on the site. Premium Meadow sites are all concrete and the most expensive, regular premium sites are the same as the previous just a little farther away from the Meadows, full hook up is cheapest and preferred is in the middle (price wise) with less concrete and small rocks on the sides of the sites which make them look smaller but all categories have sites that vary in width and length. They all have electric, water, cable and sewer hook ups. Preferred sites are 100,200 and 300 which are close to the Settlement, thus preferred for location. Full hook up sites are 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 and 2100 they are supposed to be a little farther away from all the activities but I really don't think so as they are a short walk from the Meadows ( except 2100 which is the farthest loop other than 2000 from the meadows. Hope this helps.
Thanks, we just got back from our first stay at Fort WIlderness in about 20 years. Loved it as I used to, but I wasn't sure about the distinctions between them. The Fort is peaceful and I'll take the cheapest way to stay there as long as I can. I'd give up some locations for more nights.

WOW-can see that having a huge impact on availability of Full Hook Up Sites. Some Campers may find they can still afford The Fort if they set the bar a bit lower......

I hope this is the case. I’d prefer many of the neighbors I’ve had over the past several years be in the full hookup loops rather than than the premium sites. I spend at least four months per year at The Fort and wish they would increase prices more than they have.

Given the previous complaints about the modest increase in Disney / Fort Wilderness prices, I wasn’t expecting public opinion to fall on my side. But I stand by my opinion that prices need to be markedly higher at The Fort and Disneyworld overall to be more inline with the tremendous demand and crowding.

If a difference of opinion offends some here I’m OK with that. And for those unable to respond with intelligent discourse but resort to insults and name-calling (calling me a troll or belittling my new-ness), I would only say that [comment deleted].

Last edited:
Along with the new site level, the forum update has a cool "Ignor" feature. Hover on the user name and there it is. Just like a new Premium Meadows site type.

Just curious, has anyone come up with a rationale that makes sense as to what loops are in the new type? 600, 1000 and 1400 make sense. You could almost make an argument for 900. The back part of 800 is a stretch and 700???

j

Along with the new site level, the forum update has a cool "Ignor" feature. Hover on the user name and there it is. Just like a new Premium Meadows site type.

Just curious, has anyone come up with a rationale that makes sense as to what loops are in the new type? 600, 1000 and 1400 make sense. You could almost make an argument for 900. The back part of 800 is a stretch and 700???
Thank you for this! I was wishing for a block button 😂
I have to admit I like 1400 being the more expensive loop simply for the selfish reason that maybe I’m more likely to get a spot in that loop:rolleyes1
( I know- that’s not nice of me but man I love that loop :love:)

I have to admit I like 1400 being the more expensive loop simply for the selfish reason that maybe I’m more likely to get a spot in that loop:rolleyes1

So you’re OK disparaging me and my comments but completely fine with supporting my suggested higher prices as long as it benefits you directly. Got it!

So you’re OK disparaging me and my comments but completely fine with supporting my suggested higher prices as long as it benefits you directly. Got it!

If you want to pay higher prices in the hopes that it may allow you to get a spot as fewer people may wish to reserve those sites...that's fine. I would have nothing to say about that at all (other than I don't want to pay more). However, to come on here and say that you want to see higher prices to keep out a certain "socio-economic class" or to somehow prevent you from being "stuck beside undesirables" ...well, I have my own opinion now about who is low class. To the "go home" comparison...you have that exactly backwards as far as to who sounds like that on here. As a troll, you successfully goaded a bunch of us into arguing with you, however. So, in that respect, well done. goobye. /ignore

Thank you everyone for all this information on the new pricing system. We were in loop 700 in May and 500 loop in July. Both sites had electrical issues that were repaired quickly and by an excellent CM. I hope they take the extra $$$ and fix or upgrade the issue. Both CM told us at each incident this was a huge problem that kept them busy. I hate all the fee increases, but if I can see improvements it will soften my pain in my wallet(a little....).

Thank you everyone for all this information on the new pricing system. We were in loop 700 in May and 500 loop in July. Both sites had electrical issues that were repaired quickly and by an excellent CM. I hope they take the extra $$$ and fix or upgrade the issue. Both CM told us at each incident this was a huge problem that kept them busy. I hate all the fee increases, but if I can see improvements it will soften my pain in my wallet(a little....).

We were in 500 loop in 2015. We LOVED it. I am hoping to get it again when I book for our Dec. 2020 trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter