New Category at The Fort

However, to come on here and say that you want to see higher prices to keep out a certain "socio-economic class" or to somehow prevent you from being "stuck beside undesirables" ...well, I have my own opinion now about who is low class.

goodbye. /ignore

Uh-huh. The truth is that the entirety of Disneyworld is setup that way. It’s exactly the reason there is a Grand Floridian and All-Star resorts. Whether you accept it or not, higher rates equals higher amenities and an environment more conducive to being in the presence of those of a similar socio-economic group. It’s the same reason those with money don’t care to live in the ghetto. I believe that The Fort should raise prices and improve its guest experience, appeal to a higher income level guest, and make more money at the same time. Apparently Disney agrees because that’s what they are doing, and it’s exactly what I encourage them to continue doing.

Ignoring me is your prerogative. Good bye!

Last edited:
500 is a great loop, Disneylover2000, especially for those folks who want a Premium site (and it's not Premium Meadow in 2020 IIRC) but might also have a pet to walk across the street to the dog park. Never camped in it as I have not reserved a Premium site in years (got bumped up to one once from Preferred). But it appears big and sites are nicely spaced.

Bama Ed

Well, we are 499 days out and tried booking yesterday and the only availability are meadow premium or tentsites. Called Disney to see what the issue was and they had no idea why those were the only 2 available to book. She could not override anything and could not book us for a regular premium or preferred! We could book preferred for a 5day visit but not for our full 13 day visit! So, we booked the meadow premium and hopefully will be able to switch it for premium or preferred if they open up? I have to say I was rather disappointed.

....The added description about being close to the Meadow core indicates to me charging more for existing loops (there is no space to put one in that area - not even the big field next to the pool). You could put a new loop between 1500 and the dog park but that land is low and even then that's not as close in as existing loops....Bama Ed

Some thoughts:
1. Attendance at WDW must be up if they're investing in new resort construction on their property.
2. It seems we all experience difficulty in making FW reservations. You have to assume camping enthusiasts have, or will, make up some of that increase in WDW park attendance.
3. I expect that someday there will be that an expansion of FW, in terms of number of campsites available.
4. Environmental impacts don't seem to be a problem for corporate Disney as evidenced by recent resort construction so close to established wetlands. Filling in lowlands for more campsites seems more of an economic hurdle than a permitting obstacle.
5. If FW expansion does occur, I would hope they include a mix or tier of pricing as they do now. I would not like to see an expansion of only one level of campsite, i.e., Premium only or FHU only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter