New Canadian Ticket Offer *CONFIRMED*

Although I can't help with your first question, I will chime in on your second. I spoke with a CM this morning about swapping my previously purchased tickets to take advantage of the Canadian Resident offer (It was a success by the way, and I saved over $300, credited to my Visa card). She removed my existing tickets from MDE and advised I was to link my 'new' tickets to MDE within 24 hours. I received an email immediately and linked my new tickets while CM and I were on the phone. I already have my FP's selected, so this was a huge concern for me as well. CM advised FP's are linked to the MDE profile, not the ticket. However, the profile must show a valid park ticket to support your FP selections (ie: if you had a MK 1 day ticket linked to your profile you could not make a FP selection for AK), so I had to link my new tickets with 24 hours in order to keep my FP selections. All seemed to go well when I refreshed my profile and CM confirmed the same on her end. Only downside was that I had to wait on hold for 1:10, though I thought it was worth the savings!

Thanks so much! This is very helpful. From what you said, it sounds like FPs linked to a MDE profile would be cancelled 24 hours after the supporting ticket is removed... therefore, as long as a new ticket is linked to the account before the 24 hr window elapses then FPs should stay intact. For clarification though, when you say the CM "removed my existing tickets from MDE", do you know where it was moved to? I'm thinking of setting up phantom profiles to move my existing tickets to. But if there's another way that's easier I'd be curious to find out. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks so much! This is very helpful. From what you said, it sounds like FPs linked to a MDE profile would be cancelled 24 hours after the supporting ticket is removed... therefore, as long as a new ticket is linked to the account before the 24 hr window elapses then FPs should stay intact. For clarification though, when you say the CM "removed my existing tickets from MDE", do you know where it was moved to? I'm thinking of setting up phantom profiles to move my existing tickets to. But if there's another way that's easier I'd be curious to find out. Thanks again!
I would buy the new tickets, link them to MDE to your existing profiles, create phantom profiles and move the old tickets to the phantoms. This way there is no way of losing your fp+. The only way you would be outside of Disney’s rules is if you booked fp on the phantom profiles as well and tried to use those while having entered the park on your existing profiles.

Thanks! I agree it's always better to be safe than sorry. Though I'm sure you can understand the frustration when you get a less than helpful CM after all that time on hold!
Oh yes!! I understand for sure!! Hope you’re able to save some $. That’s always a treat!

So we’re tossing around the idea of a spring break WDW trip. I haven’t purchased tickets yet but I’m wondering where you go to exchange the Canadian resident voucher? In DL you do it right at the turnstiles but from what I’m reading this isn’t the case in WDW?

So we’re tossing around the idea of a spring break WDW trip. I haven’t purchased tickets yet but I’m wondering where you go to exchange the Canadian resident voucher? In DL you do it right at the turnstiles but from what I’m reading this isn’t the case in WDW?
My understanding is that it’s done at Guest Services at any of the parks or Disney Springs. Just a heads up that each adult needs to prove Canadian residency using their passport when you exchange your voucher.

My understanding is that it’s done at Guest Services at any of the parks or Disney Springs. Just a heads up that each adult needs to prove Canadian residency using their passport when you exchange your voucher.
Thanks!! It sure would be nice to be able to do it at the hotel or the turnstiles and skip Guest Services but oh well! I did know about the passport, in DL I had to show everyone’s passport so I assumed this would be the same.

Not sure where she moved my tickets to. I think what she did was replace them somehow. MDE profile stated 8 day park to park, and now they state the same but with ‘Canadian Resident Offer’ beneath them. I’ve been watching my FP’s and they have all remained in tact.

I would buy the new tickets, link them to MDE to your existing profiles, create phantom profiles and move the old tickets to the phantoms. This way there is no way of losing your fp+. The only way you would be outside of Disney’s rules is if you booked fp on the phantom profiles as well and tried to use those while having entered the park on your existing profiles.

What is the phantom account? I have the Canadian tickets that expire in 2030, but would like to buy the new Canadian offer tickets and use those first. My 2030 exp. tickets are already linked in MDE. How do I set up MDE so that I can use new tickets first and leave 2030 tickets for another trip?

What is the phantom account? I have the Canadian tickets that expire in 2030, but would like to buy the new Canadian offer tickets and use those first. My 2030 exp. tickets are already linked in MDE. How do I set up MDE so that I can use new tickets first and leave 2030 tickets for another trip?
You just create 2 (or however many people you have tickets for) new profiles in your MDE that you manage and name them “your name 2” or your middle names or whatever you’d like. Transfer the tickets to these profiles until you are ready to use them, then transfer them back to your original profiles

I know I’ve read it somewhere but can’t find it .... if I take everyone’s passport with me to Disney Springs on my own, will they activate them all or do all parties need to be present?
We usually take a late afternoon flight in so I had planned on leaving my husband and son to check us in and my daughter and I hustle to ds. Trying to do it and be back at the resort for a reasonable bed time lol

Well, I was cruising the AirMiles website today...and I noticed that they now only have the 7day DW tickets available. Here's to hoping that they are going to have discounted tickets available through Airmiles soon like they did last year. Keeping my fingers crossed for that. I'm still hoping we can do a trip late next year

I’m having a panic attack!! When you go to activate the tickets do you need any paperwork or is having them linked in MDE enough? I can’t find my email confirmation for the ticket purchase but the tickets are showing up in MDE. My linked DL tickets have a bar code but my WDW don’t, am I going to have troubles activating them??

I didn’t receive a confirmation email, just saw the price adjustment on my package.

Did you already have a package booked when you purchased your CDN tickets or purchase the tickets alone?

The one piece of paperwork you will need when you go to activate your tickets is your CDN passport.

Question for those who have used these tickets. If you checked in at your resort and showed your passport there, did you also need to prove CDN residency when you entered the park for the first time/each time?

I didn’t receive a confirmation email, just saw the price adjustment on my package.

Did you already have a package booked when you purchased your CDN tickets or purchase the tickets alone?

The one piece of paperwork you will need when you go to activate your tickets is your CDN passport.

Question for those who have used these tickets. If you checked in at your resort and showed your passport there, did you also need to prove CDN residency when you entered the park for the first time/each time?
Hmmmm I was sure I'd received an email. My hotel was already booked, then I purchased my tickets a few days later. Both are showing in MDE but the lack of a bar code worries me. I'm thinking they'll need something to scan. Do yours have a bar code? Maybe I'm wrong in thinking I received an email?

Hmmmm I was sure I'd received an email. My hotel was already booked, then I purchased my tickets a few days later. Both are showing in MDE but the lack of a bar code worries me. I'm thinking they'll need something to scan. Do yours have a bar code? Maybe I'm wrong in thinking I received an email?
I don’t have anything at all. No paper tickets. No emails. Nothing.

I already had a package booked that included resort, dining plan and tickets and was linked to MDE. I called when the offer was released and was able to change my tickets to reflect the CDN ticket deal. My balance owing went down by $170 which shows me the CDN tickets are now part of the pkg. That’s the only’proof’ I have but honestly I didn’t anticipate anything else since my tickets are already part of my package and on MDE.

If I had purchased a voucher for tickets alone I would have anticipated receiving either an email or paper voucher but when it’s part of a existing package I didn’t anticipate anything.

I don’t have anything at all. No paper tickets. No emails. Nothing.

I already had a package booked that included resort, dining plan and tickets and was linked to MDE. I called when the offer was released and was able to change my tickets to reflect the CDN ticket deal. My balance owing went down by $170 which shows me the CDN tickets are now part of the pkg. That’s the only’proof’ I have but honestly I didn’t anticipate anything else since my tickets are already part of my package and on MDE.

If I had purchased a voucher for tickets alone I would have anticipated receiving either an email or paper voucher but when it’s part of a existing package I didn’t anticipate anything.
I called ticketing and after sitting on hold for 45 minutes (thanks to Hangouts for free international calls) the lovely CM resent my email. I had received one with my order confirmation on it but must have deleted it. Perhaps because I only had a room booked and not a package I needed that confirmation? She did say it was fine that there were no barcodes on the ones linked in my app though. Phew! Now I can relax. :upsidedow

I called ticketing and after sitting on hold for 45 minutes (thanks to Hangouts for free international calls) the lovely CM resent my email. I had received one with my order confirmation on it but must have deleted it. Perhaps because I only had a room booked and not a package I needed that confirmation? She did say it was fine that there were no barcodes on the ones linked in my app though. Phew! Now I can relax. :upsidedow

Glad you were able to get it resolved. It feels so much better having confirmation emails to support changes that's for sure!

You just create 2 (or however many people you have tickets for) new profiles in your MDE that you manage and name them “your name 2” or your middle names or whatever you’d like. Transfer the tickets to these profiles until you are ready to use them, then transfer them back to your original profiles

Do you have to do this? Can't you just present the correct barcode when you redeem them and make sure they activate the correct set? I currently have a 5 day non expiring set and plan to buy a new 6 day set for our March break trip. The 5 days are already on my MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!