New Canadian Ticket Offer *CONFIRMED*

Dissapointing about exp. and lower discount. But I have a trip coming up Nov 28, so I think I’ll buy a 10 day hopper and save my non-exp tickets for another trip. Wish they gave discount on AP, and gave non Florida residents other tier options for AP.

We bought tickets the same night at Quick2blush only ours did show up - the next day! Was supposed to be a couple of weeks! Anyway I was excited so I added them to our profiles immediately and now boom - here is this offer. Because we have already activated we of course can’t return them. Darn...

Quote from Disney site-
  • Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which must be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
Does this mean certificates can’t be redeemed at Disney Springs Guest Service?

Quote from Disney site-
  • Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which must be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
Does this mean certificates can’t be redeemed at Disney Springs Guest Service?
No, it just means they can’t be exchanged at the Concierge desks at the hotel. Any Guest Services location or Ticket Window will be able to exchange it.

I called about switching our tickets to this 20% discount. Agent I spoke with said tickets have to be paid in full immediately??? He suggested to wait until February 9th and if a package comes out. If not, Ill pay for the tickets in full and switch. Will save us $160.

I just bought the Canadian deal tickets through my MDE account. It says it expires 2030-12-31. Not sure if that is correct.

I believe this is a big error on Disney’s part as everywhere else it says the tickets must be activated by Dec 31, 2018. Not doubting what you see but I don’t believe Disney will honour those tickets after Dec 31, 2018.

I called about switching our tickets to this 20% discount. Agent I spoke with said tickets have to be paid in full immediately??? He suggested to wait until February 9th and if a package comes out. If not, Ill pay for the tickets in full and switch. Will save us $160.

It’s confusing for sure!! I was able to add the Cdn tickets to our Jan trip but when I attempted to book a new pkg for next Sept with the Cdn ticket prices I couldn’t and would only have been able to purchase the vouchers and pay for them in full. I chose not to do that until I ran some numbers comparing a RO discount (hope to book it as a B.B. in Jan) + Cdn tickets vs hopeful FD offer in the spring.

I was able to switch our tickets but my MDE account has not yet been updated! It says "We're sorry. Detail payment information is not available at this time. Please try again later." I called on Friday to switch. I might have to call again! Anybody else have this on their account?

I was able to switch our tickets but my MDE account has not yet been updated! It says "We're sorry. Detail payment information is not available at this time. Please try again later." I called on Friday to switch. I might have to call again! Anybody else have this on their account?
I purchased tickets separately via Disney site and immediately linked them to my reservation via MDE in early October. I sent an email as soon as I seen the reduced ticket offer, though no response as of yet. Thinking of calling tomorrow. I don’t want to upgrade to PH, nor do I want a dining plan. Knowing that tickets are non refundable, would it be plausible to request and recieve a GC for the difference or even a credit towards resort hotel? I wouldn’t expect a refund to my credit card.

I purchased tickets separately via Disney site and immediately linked them to my reservation via MDE in early October. I sent an email as soon as I seen the reduced ticket offer, though no response as of yet. Thinking of calling tomorrow. I don’t want to upgrade to PH, nor do I want a dining plan. Knowing that tickets are non refundable, would it be plausible to request and recieve a GC for the difference or even a credit towards resort hotel? I wouldn’t expect a refund to my credit card.

I called today. Since we had an existing package prior to the discounted tickets, the CM was able to switch our package to a Canadian resident magic your way package and apply the discount and didn't have to pay the tickets in full since we had a package. Save $306 USD! I'm happy

I have the following question that I'm hoping to get some help with. I also posted it under the "All things ticketing" thread, but am hoping that our fellow Canadians would have further insight to share.

We bought the non-expiring Canadian promo tickets back in the summer for a trip over this Xmas and NY, linked them to our MDE account, and have already made FP+ reservations. However, given that there's another ticket promo right now for Canadians (though no longer the non-expiring ticket option), we are thinking of buying another set of tickets using the current promo to be used on our upcoming trip, INSTEAD of the tickets that are currently linked to our MDE/FP+ reservations (which are non-expiring tickets so we can use on a future visit). I called Disney, and was advised that I MUST use the older tickets first. This didnt sound right to me but the CM was adamant.

My concerns are two fold:
1) If I swap the tickets on our MDE (say, by moving the current tickets to phantom accounts, and then linking the new tickets), could we lose all FP reservations that were made on the older set of tickets?
2) Also, even if we dont lose the FP+ reservations, would we be offside Disney's T&Cs once we enter the parks using the new tickets, and try to use the FPs which were technically booked using a set of tickets (i.e. the older tickets we are keeping for future visits) that we did not enter the parks with?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have the following question that I'm hoping to get some help with. I also posted it under the "All things ticketing" thread, but am hoping that our fellow Canadians would have further insight to share.

We bought the non-expiring Canadian promo tickets back in the summer for a trip over this Xmas and NY, linked them to our MDE account, and have already made FP+ reservations. However, given that there's another ticket promo right now for Canadians (though no longer the non-expiring ticket option), we are thinking of buying another set of tickets using the current promo to be used on our upcoming trip, INSTEAD of the tickets that are currently linked to our MDE/FP+ reservations (which are non-expiring tickets so we can use on a future visit). I called Disney, and was advised that I MUST use the older tickets first. This didnt sound right to me but the CM was adamant.

1) If I swap the tickets on our MDE (say, by moving the current tickets to phantom accounts, and then linking the new tickets), could we lose all FP reservations that were made on the older set of tickets?
2) Also, even if we dont lose the FP+ reservations, would we be offside Disney's T&Cs once we enter the parks using the new tickets, and try to use the FPs which were technically booked using a set of tickets (i.e. the older tickets we are keeping for future visits) that we did not enter the parks with?

I would call Disney a couple more times and ask them. I don't believe we know the intricacies of the offers well enough to give you the correct answer.

That's just my opinion but I'd hate for you to lose out on something based on what was said here on the boards.

Others may know the fine details better than I do but you're talking about hundreds of dollars on tickets so I'd trust Disney's input better than ours.

Although I can't help with your first question, I will chime in on your second. I spoke with a CM this morning about swapping my previously purchased tickets to take advantage of the Canadian Resident offer (It was a success by the way, and I saved over $300, credited to my Visa card). She removed my existing tickets from MDE and advised I was to link my 'new' tickets to MDE within 24 hours. I received an email immediately and linked my new tickets while CM and I were on the phone. I already have my FP's selected, so this was a huge concern for me as well. CM advised FP's are linked to the MDE profile, not the ticket. However, the profile must show a valid park ticket to support your FP selections (ie: if you had a MK 1 day ticket linked to your profile you could not make a FP selection for AK), so I had to link my new tickets with 24 hours in order to keep my FP selections. All seemed to go well when I refreshed my profile and CM confirmed the same on her end. Only downside was that I had to wait on hold for 1:10, though I thought it was worth the savings!

I would call Disney a couple more times and ask them. I don't believe we know the intricacies of the offers well enough to give you the correct answer.

That's just my opinion but I'd hate for you to lose out on something based on what was said here on the boards.

Others may know the fine details better than I do but you're talking about hundreds of dollars on tickets so I'd trust Disney's input better than ours.

Thanks! I agree it's always better to be safe than sorry. Though I'm sure you can understand the frustration when you get a less than helpful CM after all that time on hold!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter